• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

48 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That almost perfectly matches the great Mount Joy deluge of 8/31/2018. There was a station that recorded 5.91" in one hour, or essentially 1"/10 minutes. That...is some heavy rainfall. Total rainfall that day in Mount Joy was 10.57".

I got 6.16" that day. Most since Lee in 2011 and nothing has matched it since. 

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-08-31-mount-joy-flash-flooding-stranded-cars

I remember it well.  I left work early that day and when I got off the train in Mount Joy I went to Isaac's for lunch.  I recall watching the deluge hit as I finished up my "insert funny bird name" sandwich and thinking that I needed to get the heck out of dodge.  I just made it home before things got crazy, with Main Street flooding and all the car rescues and whatnot.  I got "only" 4.45" from that event, but that August is my wettest month on record, with a gaudy 17.79".  I had three separate events where I got at least 4" during that month -- madness!

• Like 1

August is off to a rip-roaring start with rainfall.

Rainfall since midnight:  0.16"

Rainfall Yesterday:  2.73"

Rainfall month-to-date:  4.93"

Rainfall Year-to-date:  33.77", which is more than 10" ahead of last year at the same time with 23.5".

Yesterday's rainfall came with two different thunderstorms.  The first occurred between 5:30 and 7:00pm with 1.70".  The second one was the most intense one with 1.03" falling between 9:45 and 10:30pm.

The latest NHC cone for Debby has her passing directly over south-central PA Friday afternoon.  I think I'll easily pick up another 5" between now and Saturday morning, making this month a 10"+.  Someone mentioned a 10 inch event back in 2018.  I'm pretty sure I had between 9.5" and 10.5", but I thought the month was September?  Then, the most dramatic 10"+ month before that was back in June of 2011 when I picked up close to 10" in just one day!  That one is my #1 greatest precip day (24 hours) of my lifetime.

I'll drop in with more updates as we progress to Friday.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Speaking of Great, EB nooners...cloudy and 73.  No rain today so far.   Maybe some a bit later if the cell can hold.  

I'll tell the ass a-holes in Todd to start rain dancing now for you.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Someone mentioned a 10 inch event back in 2018.

The 10" event on 8/31/2018 was highly localized in parts of northern Lancaster county. No one else would have received anything close to that, so you're most likely thinking of a completely separate event. 

• Thanks 1

MU says if the current trends continue, the LSV might need to worry less about flooding rains on Friday and worry more about Tornadoes. His call is 3-6" west of South Mountain with 1-3" east. 

I know the drill - I need to root for sleet to preserve the pack. 

• Haha 3

MU says if the current trends continue, the LSV might need to worry less about flooding rains on Friday and worry more about Tornadoes. His call is 3-6" west of South Mountain with 1-3" east. 
I wander if we get the last minute east jog that we got so many times in winter to get fringed while Philly was making snow poop

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

So, maybe I will need to post the drought map tomorrow.   High and dry here.

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Cut WAY back from this morning:

p120i.gif?1723053161

Oh cool. Keep bringing it further west. And up the totals northward. There hasnt been enough crazy stuff going down in Philipsburg these last few weeks, let's flood Front Street and the marshes. Let's go. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, canderson said:

Isaac’s pissed me off for two reasons. 

1) it’s more expensive than some Michelin-starred restaurants 

2) ordering food there makes me feel like I’m a movie made my 4 year olds 

They pissed me off when they stopped serving the UTZ medley chips with their sandwiches. 

7 minutes ago, canderson said:

Isaac’s pissed me off for two reasons. 

1) it’s more expensive than some Michelin-starred restaurants 

2) ordering food there makes me feel like I’m a movie made my 4 year olds 

3 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

They pissed me off when they stopped serving the UTZ medley chips with their sandwiches. 

I don't think there's a restaurant that I despise more than Isaac's. I'd rather read 3 pages of Blizz's snow ma...

Maybe it's time for a sandwich after all. 

• Haha 5