• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

18 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Exactly 3" in the rain gauge this morning which includes the 2.1" I reported last night.

I had 1.38” from the same storm at Fairfield golf course.  Ended up with 2.69” at house.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Sounds like you'll need a load or two of water from Voyager to catch up to almost everyone else.

14 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

You "should" (hopefully) be better positioned than just about all of us to do well on Friday. 

Hoping...

I do not need 2-4".    As I always say, 1/4" every 2-3 days is perfectly fine.   2-4" right now (in quick fashion) would result in almost 2-4" running into somewhere other than my yard. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Sounds like you'll need a load or two of water from Voyager to catch up to almost everyone else.

He's going to have to wait. I'm self-serving. Since I only got .35, I'm taking some to my house first.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I do not need 2-4".    As I always say, 1/4" every 2-3 days is perfectly fine.   2-4" right now (in quick fashion) would result in almost 2-4" running into somewhere other than my yard. 

I need to share this with someone in my household.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

There's a cell that's heading your way (about to enter Fulton County right now) that seems to be holding together really well. That could get you your .25" for the day in the next couple of hours. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

There's a cell that's heading your way (about to enter Fulton County right now) that seems to be holding together really well. That could get you your .25" for the day in the next couple of hours. 

It needs to hold and go no father North...at least the base of it. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Rainfall since midnight:      0.13"

Rainfall yesterday:              5.91"

Rainfall (MTD):                   8.46"

Rainfall YTD:                      36.1"

I was waiting to see your numbers. You have a great shot at being over 10" in the first 10 days of the month. Impressive. 

20 minutes ago, canderson said:

Ended with 1.45" from yesterday's event. Hope the rain coming is just solid and not heavy, heavy for hours and hours. A solid rain spread over a few dasys is really needed. 

Nah, bring on the flooding. I need interesting YouTube content...lol

All kidding aside, no one really wants flooding, and a slow soaker is the most beneficial.

But the cameras will be rolling Friday afternoon/evening anyway.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Nah, bring on the flooding. I need interesting YouTube content...lol

All kidding aside, no one really wants flooding, and a slow soaker is the most beneficial.

But the cameras will be rolling Friday afternoon/evening anyway.

You should drive an empty tank around Friday and tell your people they already have their water. Let them go out there with buckets and collect it. 

Some rainfall amounts across the county over the last 2 days. Atgen 2.17" / Nottingham 1.79" / East Nantmeal 1.52" / Kennett Square 2.09" / West Chester 2.07" / Glenmoore 2.34" and West Bradford 2.14".
Rain chances increase again tonight and will continue through Friday with the remnants of TS Debby. Up to another 2" to 3" could fall in some localized spots.
Chester County records for today: High 107 degrees at Coatesville (1918) / Low 46 degrees at Devault (1954) / Rain 3.82" at Kennett Square (2020)
image.png.b401e615a2c5b3978ecfcbd7f8888890.png

2 hours ago, Superstorm said:

Rainfall since midnight:      0.13"

Rainfall yesterday:              5.91"

Rainfall (MTD):                   8.46"

Rainfall YTD:                      36.1"

I randomly checked a WU station near Willow Street and it just so happened to show exactly 5.91" for yesterday.  I found you Superstorm!  In any case, that station got an inch of rainfall in 10 minutes at one point -- extremely impressive.  My heaviest period yesterday took 20 minutes to get an inch. 

• Like 3

I randomly checked a WU station near Willow Street and it just so happened to show exactly 5.91" for yesterday.  I found you Superstorm!  In any case, that station got an inch of rainfall in 10 minutes at one point -- extremely impressive.  My heaviest period yesterday took 20 minutes to get an inch. 

lol. At 1hr I maxed out just shy of 4”/hr rate.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

That almost perfectly matches the great Mount Joy deluge of 8/31/2018. There was a station that recorded 5.91" in one hour, or essentially 1"/10 minutes. That...is some heavy rainfall. Total rainfall that day in Mount Joy was 10.57".

I got 6.16" that day. Most since Lee in 2011 and nothing has matched it since. 

https://weather.com/news/news/2018-08-31-mount-joy-flash-flooding-stranded-cars