• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

1-Open the picture on your screen

2-Go down to the search menu/bar at the bottom left and type in snip and open the sniping tool.  It looks like this (ignore the arrow)

image.png.e9352dccd6d848288bd8f2b50a259020.png

3-With the picture behind and off to the side of the snip tool on the screen choose File--> New Snip

4-Hold your left mouse button and draw a box around the picture.  Let mouse button go and you have sniped.

5-Go to AMwx post you are typing, right click and paste. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Screen shots are a lot easier to deal with than uploading files.  Have the pic on your screen, use windows snip and draw the box around it, then paste into the reply.  

I can do a screen shot, but my pics were horizontal, so you really can't get the effect.

In case it wasn't already apparent, my love and desire to learn technology is neck and neck with mowing grass!

I never needed computer skills for work beyond basic word processing, so I  never bothered nor cared to learn.

8 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I can do a screen shot, but my pics were horizontal, so you really can't get the effect.

In case it wasn't already apparent, my love and desire to learn technology is neck and neck with mowing grass!

I never needed computer skills for work beyond basic word processing, so I  never bothered nor cared to learn.

Here is a video that shows what I typed above with a few differences but the same process.   The creepy guy is not me. 

2 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Thanks, but I'm on my phone.

Nothing is going to be good on your phone.  This type of message board is made to be used with a real keyboard and mouse and OS.  Tapatalk helps a bit but pics from the phone are going to be tasking.  Sorry, assumed you were at a PC (or Mac which would have different steps)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Getting throttled over here.  Over an inch already.  Gutters couldn’t do their job ha. 

Here it was the quintessential garden variety summer thundershower. I'm good with that because the rain is falling at a perfect, soaking rate.

• Like 1

[mention=4667]Jns2183[/mention] which snip app are you using on your phone?  
I take normal screenshot with my Samsung phone than click edit button to crop it. For photos I have an app that can resize and save in different formats, resolutions, sizes

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Just now, Jns2183 said:

I take normal screenshot with my Samsung phone than click edit button to crop it. For photos I have an app that can resize and save in different formats, resolutions, sizes

That was what I meant by too much work.  LOL.  I can have a snip into a post in under 5 seconds.  I sometimes forget some people have stopped using real computers. 

That was what I meant by too much work.  LOL.  I can have a snip into a post in under 5 seconds.  I sometimes forget some people have stopped using real computers. 
It takes me about 5 seconds with screenshots. Most pictures don't need to have anything done to them as well

Is it raining?

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It takes me about 5 seconds with screenshots. Most pictures don't need to have anything done to them as well

Just now, Jns2183 said:

Is it raining?

Lightly.  A cell off to my west right now.    I find that most pics I try to do on the phone need manipulation that would not need done on a full box. 

43 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Hoping to get nailed. 

Me too, but that a topic for some other forum...lol

Up to .26" in my backyard. Lightning and raining again at the water plant in Fogelsville (Allentown).

43 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Nothing is going to be good on your phone.  This type of message board is made to be used with a real keyboard and mouse and OS.  Tapatalk helps a bit but pics from the phone are going to be tasking.  Sorry, assumed you were at a PC (or Mac which would have different steps)

I have only ever posted on here from my phone.

Lord knows that I have had no issues posting a certain type of map consistently for the last decade…