• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Trying to decide whether to mow tonight or tomorrow morning. Models say no rain before late afternoon, but I  don't trust that stuff in N PA.

I just had a quick foot procedure but also want to mow before rain.  Mow #12 on the year.   And I am going to have to risk tomorrow afternoon. 

Did anyone else see anything since mid-July about parts of Antarctica being 50 degrees above normal? I sure didn't and even now the article I saw is from India. They do quote CNN so this got some US coverage but obviously far from enough. I am trying to wrap my mind around both the extra 50 degrees and no one making a fuss but will have to stew about this some more. Article says "heatwave" will last until early August. I wonder how quickly temps will return to normal?

"Temperatures here usually range from -58 to; -76 degrees Fahrenheit, but they have risen to between -13 and -22 degrees Fahrenheit now."

https://www.livemint.com!/science/news/heatwave-in-antarctica-continent-scientists-are-alarmed-as-temperatures-rise-50-degrees-higher-than-average/amp-11722859051733.html

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just had a quick foot procedure but also want to mow before rain.  Mow #12 on the year.   And I am going to have to risk tomorrow afternoon. 

Decided to wait and just do my daily 2.5 mile walk because...I HATE MOWING!!!!!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I hope so.  With that said I was not going down to Thursday. 

I only watched briefly, but he was saying that tomorrow and Wednesday were when it was going to get bad. 

I was in Duck back in 2016 or 2017 right after a tropical storm, and it was a mess for 3 or 4 days afterwards. 

Just now, mitchnick said:

I only watched briefly, but he was saying that tomorrow and Wednesday were when it was going to get bad. 

I was in Duck back in 2016 or 2017 right after a tropical storm, and it was a mess for 3 or 4 days afterwards. 

Yep, that  was my thought too.  Plus, flooding will continue for a while. 

4 hours ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I guess I need to go to flight school to learn how the actual data is wrong.

The last asshole who was admitted to flight school was Mohamed Atta. He slammed the door shut. JNS' interpretation of the actual data will simply have to do.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

The last asshole who was admitted to flight school was Mohamed Atta. He slammed the door shut. JNS' interpretation of the actual data will simply have to do.

On a related note, I  had a client a few years back who was a flight instructor in that little airport on the eastern side of the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and unknowingly taught one of the crews of the 911 jets. It was either the Pentagon or PA jet, I can't remember. He came to see me over 10 years afterwards and he was still very upset about it. He died from cancer a few years ago sadly.

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Perusing various sub forums this morning gives off very much a winter-time vibe...a whole lot of precip maps getting hoisted. Makes me yearn for a good snow map. 

I can’t wait until snow map season is upon us in a few short months!

Map after map after map…

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 2

13 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Calling an audible on defense to an all out Blizz?

Just wait for the amount of snow maps that will be posted the next time we have a really good Winter…

Map posting until I pass out…

Taking breaks from digging out to check the models for the next storm in the pipeline…

Storms & rumors of storms from November until April…

Ok, time to wake up & return to the gross dew points & never ending heat for now!

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I found a good snow map for @Itstrainingtime & everyone else yearning for snow maps.

Here is the most recent double digit snowstorm at MDT from Jan 31/Feb 1 of 2021.

This was the Euro snow map from 54 hours out & it was pretty close to the eventual total for MDT for the event.

IMG_6551.png

As long as it fell at MDT, I can sleep better tonight.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I even look forward to our pointless discussions about which snow maps are better, which ratio map to use & looking up obscure short range models…

Please Winter don’t be late!

The only time I worry is when I post a Pivotal map and a WB map goes up under the premise of "here are the real accums."  Makes me end up doing the same and suggest Pivotal is real.  Let's face it, whichever maps post the lowest snow totals have been the rights ones recently. 

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The only time I worry is when I post a Pivotal map and a WB map goes up under the premise of "here are the real accums."  Makes me end up doing the same and suggest Pivotal is real.  Let's face it, whichever maps post the lowest snow totals have been the rights ones recently. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

"South Mike" it is not like you to invite snow maps.  Did you dig into the rum raisin today?

Anyway, I have one that covers 3 bases....a snow map on Pillow. 

image.png.751174cff834b1272b675c08867742cc.png

I thought my sarcasm was blatantly obvious. But yes...go with the lowest map possible and subtract the rest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I thought my sarcasm was blatantly obvious. But yes...go with the lowest map possible and subtract the rest.

Lol, I know that you detest snow maps, but usually once per season, you can’t resist the urge to post just one snow map when a decent storm is on the doorstep.

It should be included in your next “day in the life” post that many of us look forward to each season.

We have been been getting some decent rain coming down. No lightening in Williamsport so far but a bit of thunder. Looks like this will last for awhile. It is going pretty straight across from West to East. Upcoming rain amounts are Tues-Sat: 0.93, .03, .31, 1.22, .65. I hope we don't get much above this. I do not want water problems in the basement. But who knows with Debby? 

IMG_20240806_005449.thumb.jpg.2a8e10abf74b1a0e47082ab2da126398.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

"South Mike" it is not like you to invite snow maps.  Did you dig into the rum raisin today?

Anyway, I have one that covers 3 bases....a snow map on Pillow. 

image.png.751174cff834b1272b675c08867742cc.png

Please, someone, anyone start the 2024-2025 winter thread. This is the summer thread, and the word snow has on place in this thread.