• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

1 minute ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I get that a few yards on here are suffering from a rainfall deficit, but I’m just pointing out that the big picture shows a rain surplus for most major official reporting locations in PA this year to date.

Give it a rest. It's been made very clear by multiple people that the only reason the surplus exists is because it rained the first 14/19 Saturdays and you know water evaporates, runs off, and doesn't always just sit into the land, right? 

You're being as annoying as the dude who posts about Du Bois, Williamsport, and Bradford. Stop. 

2 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I expanded my search because apparently Harrisburg & Williamsport were not enough evidence.

Well...

Hopefully THV, LNS, MDT, PHL, and CXY all get 60" of snow this winter and you get 2". I'll wait for your posts to show how great winter was!

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Well...

Hopefully THV, LNS, MDT, PHL, and CXY all get 60" of snow this winter and you get 2". I'll wait for your posts to show how great winter was!

I better get some of this damned snow. 

• Haha 1

I just did a quick scan on the National Weather Service website & every major official reporting station has a surplus of rain for the year.
This includes Philly, Pittsburgh, Allentown & Scranton-Wilkes-Barre.
A few back yards are missing out, but it’s pretty unanimous that there really won’t be a memorable drought this year according to the official data.
All this means is the current climate reporting regime is wholly unsatisfactory in its design and mission. If you look at weather stations in most of the population centres on the west shore of Harrisburg suburbs you will be met with rainfall below 50% from June onward and 25% from July onwards. To a large population around Harrisburg this summer will be one of drought and heat and it is not there memory that is wrong.

There cannot be a proper reckoning with our records until we start to pull in these amateur weather stations into official records. There is no way a single station can be stand in for 100 square miles of area.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Well...

Lol, I wouldn’t mind if MDT beat my yard.

No one cares about my yard.

Guess who cares about what MDT reports…?

The media & history…that’s who!

Just now, Blizzard of 93 said:

Lol, I wouldn’t mind if MDT beat my yard.

No one cares about my yard.

Guess who cares about what MDT reports…?

The media & history…that’s who!

We literally live in an age where media and history have never been more despised. I don't think I would be using those two as examples of anything right now. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

image.png.31d9f9d0ead9c7eaf427a8eba743e7c0.png

This map cheered me up!

The oppressive heat & endless humidity has worn me down this Summer.

Fall & Winter can’t arrive soon enough.

I will stay in my lane & not post any more about the rainfall surplus.

You will only get rain totals, temp & dew point reports from me the rest of this Summer!

• Haha 1

@Blizzard of 93 I understand your thoughts, but they are misguided when using yearly totals to hide deficits in the summer.   No one is saying we are a desert now, but farmers are suffering, and you are acting like it is all fake.    Look at this map, according to you PA is 100% drought free, yet a small part of PA is in D3 which is the second to worst drought rating an area can get.   Yes, you being in D1 is overkill but some people really are in somewhat dire shape.  With that said, as I said last night, I apologize if I posted too much about it.    But you cannot post your away out of PA being in a D3.  

image.thumb.png.a01029ad3af2da08b85710934ed7128d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Williamsport, the other official CTP reporting station for historical data will also say “what drought?” for 2024 with their 5” surplus year to date.

IMG_6537.jpeg

I’m north of Williamsport but picked up 1.04” of rain today.

.64” was recorded at Montourville airport. 
As mentioned before a couple 3-4 “ downpours kind of pad your stats.

• Like 2

Creek came back up again, so it rained somewhere good I only got .01 yesterday.

USGS.01555500.121983.00065..20240728.20240804..0..gif
How much breathing room do you have with the creek before it starta causing you major issues?

66 this AM.  

Hydrology here looks like we could take 5-7" of rain without much of any flooding in creeks and streams.  This includes areas to our north that would flow down.   GFS shows almost no rain here so lots of options still and not filling sand bags yet. 

Probably cancelling Myrtle today. 

13 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

66 this AM.  

Hydrology here looks like we could take 5-7" of rain without much of any flooding in creeks and streams.  This includes areas to our north that would flow down. 

I'd cancel. 1 rainy day at the beach is OK, but unless you've got places you just have to go, e.g. a Starlight Diner, it's no fun. Lol

10 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I'd cancel. 1 rainy day at the beach is OK, but unless you've got places you just have to go, e.g. a Starlight Diner, it's no fun. Lol

Yea, that is part of the reason.  We have gone to Florida beach's often after storms passed...to find stuff on the beach...but we could drive then and go home when we wanted.  I am doubting Allegiant fly's in as well ...actually hoping not as otherwise we are going to lose our money for the flight, Allegiant is 100% non-refundable unless you buy the very expensive Trip Flex which we did not.    Even then there are no refunds, just credits.    

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, that is part of the reason.  We have gone to Florida beach's often after storms passed...to find stuff on the beach...but we could drive then and go home when we wanted.  I am doubting Allegiant fly's in as well ...actually hoping not as otherwise we are going to lose our money for the flight, Allegiant is 100% non-refundable unless you buy the very expensive Trip Flex which we did not.    Even then there are no refunds, just credits.    

Well, I didn't consider the flight, just the hotel, since I've never flown before. I  really don't like to travel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jns2183 said:

How much breathing room do you have with the creek before it starta causing you major issues?

Being some of my property is low land. At 6 ft the water starts to come in where I mow and camp occasionally. Where my garden is about 7 ft the lower end of garden will go under water. As far as the township road concerns for flooding, 12 ft it will start coming over the road at places. At that point we're basically flooded in until the water recedes. As that road is the only access to our place

6 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

Well, I didn't consider the flight, just the hotel, since I've never flown before. I  really don't like to travel.

No issues.  Like you insinuated, if we lose $400, we still saved the $1200 in condo and rental car fees in lieu of sitting in rainy Myrtle.  The rain may be gone for the second half of the trip, but they could very well have flooding for days/weeks. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

66 this AM.  

Hydrology here looks like we could take 5-7" of rain without much of any flooding in creeks and streams.  This includes areas to our north that would flow down.   GFS shows almost no rain here so lots of options still and not filling sand bags yet. 

Come on go for the gusts! the board here would love to see you do live videos from the beach in tropical or hurricane conditions.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mahantango#1 said:

Come on go for the gusts! the board here would love to see you do live videos from the beach in tropical or hurricane conditions.

I was in OC MD last year when the guests were 65-70.  More than 5 min out in that and you get to know what your skin feels like if you sandpaper it. 

• Like 1