• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

2 hours ago, canderson said:

BWI hit 100 for the record-breaking 8th time yesterday. 

The thermometer is not far west from the end of a runway. Being to the west of a concrete and asphalt area of approximately 1 square mile with a SE'ler flow is going to result in some artificially warmer temps, not to mention the heat from multiple lines of revving jets waiting to take off. 

That's not to say it wasn't a hot summer, but BWI is a microclimate. 

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

The thermometer is not far west from the end of a runway. Being to the west of a concrete and asphalt area of approximately 1 square mile with a SE'ler flow is going to result in some artificially warmer temps, not to mention the heat from multiple lines of revving jets waiting to take off. 

That's not to say it wasn't a hot summer, but BWI is a microclimate. 

The Allegiant effect at Mdt.

• Haha 1

These storms just west of me are testing my patience. They seem like the lot that Will not move until they drop every bit of rain on those areas and leave me high and dry just taunting me. I haven't had Storms blow up just west of me all summer and now I get one that just won't move.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

37 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Yeah these storms look really impressive for this early and like you said aren’t budging. A flash flood warning for central Cumberland Co. 

Yeah, I just looked at radar. Anyone who gets under a cell is likely to see a lot of rain. Lack of forward motion and a bit of a training effect for the win, or loss, depending on one's location.

17 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It's +3 at 90. I'm all aboard the @Bubbler86 train now. It shouldn't bear mentioning unless it's 95 or above

Sent from my SM-X210 using Tapatalk

I don't disagree. I'm sharing because it was assumed that 90s were not happening today. It wasn't a lock we'd have 3 days in a row in the 90s but at least in Lanco some stations have a 4 day streak now.

Wunderground started out the day forcasting 1.35". Went up to 1.85". Now is at 0.07". I've received 0.02" today.

I actually looked into myself being a bad luck charm. Since May 13 if I follow just the places I am at on the days im there I have received an impressive 2.56" in 13 weeks

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk