• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

Icon has a borderline Cat 3 strafing SC and NC.   As predicted, there would be extensive damage from wind and flooding.   10+ feet surges.   Myrtle could be basically destroyed Sanibel style depending how extensive the wind field is.    Because it is just ramping up, the Icon does not have the hurricane forces going too far inland, but the surge would from watering pushed at high tide. 

image.png.51a4fae455cc43497b0818cab521171b.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

.02 in the books.  After the models have looked more optimistic for MYR, this Euro depiction is a vacation canceler.  Allegiant will not fly down in that situation.   GFS a flooder here.

image.thumb.png.b452867af39a5694ea891ff255e8b115.png

image.thumb.png.38eb92eabc15d8fb6a2aa57e5d2c6b78.png

So, you implying some of Pa. could go from drought to flood within less than a week?

4 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

So, you implying some of Pa. could go from drought to flood within less than a week?

If we got tropical influence deform bands, anyone could flood. Even KRou.   But I am just regurgitating models.  Anyone who says they can 100% forecast what a tropical system will do 48 hours out, much less this amount of time, is selling you a line.   What is DT saying?    A hurricane can turn a cold front into a Hazel. 

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

If we got tropical influence deform bands, anyone could flood. Even Rou.   But I am just regurgitating models.  Anyone who says they can 100% forecast what a tropical system will do 48 hours out, much less this amount of time, is selling you a line. 

Anytime a tropical system is involved there is potential. Seen it too many times. And if the models are showing it a week out imo it will happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If we got tropical influence deform bands, anyone could flood. Even Rou.   But I am just regurgitating models.  Anyone who says they can 100% forecast what a tropical system will do 48 hours out, much less this amount of time, is selling you a line.   What is DT saying?    A hurricane can turn a cold front into a Hazel. 

DT is saying whatever the Euro is saying. Lol

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

It is leaves Florida and the center stays off the coast while inching up the coast going through RI (like many of those depictions show), it will not be good for the beaches.  That happened in Florida when I was down there and it changed the coastline and destroyed thousands of buildings as just a non RI Cat 1.    I love the backwards moving big yellow arrow!

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is leaves Florida and the center stays off the coast while inching up the coast going through RI (like many of those depictions show), it will not be good for the beaches.  That happened in Florida when I was down there and it changed the coastline and destroyed thousands of buildings as just a non RI Cat 1.    I love the backwards moving big yellow arrow!

Yes a tropical storm, slow moving would do a lot of damage.

• Like 1

.02 in the books.  After the models have looked more optimistic for MYR, this Euro depiction is a vacation canceler.  Allegiant will not fly down in that situation.   GFS a flooder here.

I'll take GFS squared

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I know it wont happen now. that look is just so wonderfully awesome

• Haha 1

It may be a bit too much IMO.  2-4" would be nice.  6-10" (as depicted though probably 5-8 from the storm itself) would not. 
I have drive my aunts car with her in it Friday from Boston to Philly. Than take Amtrak home Saturday morning. That GFS would be something else driving in

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It may be a bit too much IMO.  2-4" would be nice.  6-10" (as depicted though probably 5-8 from the storm itself) would not. 

For some of you, 6-10 would probably be bad, but for Pillow and up through Tamaqua, it would be REALLY bad. We've had 4.20" this past week, plus whatever might come today. We're pretty saturated at the moment. 

• Like 2

We hit 90 and that is rounded up from what I understand re: it did not really hit 90.   A cool 85 over here.   BN high day. 
I've grappled all summer at what temperature to mentally accept a heatwave at. I wanted it to be 95. I love the number, plus it's temperature in Celsius is 35 exactly. I just have an issue thinking 94 is not hot. I can easily explain away at the 93 being just a bit above normal, but 94 is in that real grey area that's more than 5 above normal.

• Like 1

As has been the case much of this summer some pretty wide ranges in rainfall amounts since yesterday across the county. Some totals Nottingham 1.26" / West Grove 1.17" / Warwick Twp. 1.12" / East Nantmeal 0.95" / Atglen 0.91" / West Bradford 0.54" / Chester Springs 0.47" / Devault 0.26" / Brandywine Airport 0.16"
More rain chances today and tomorrow. Monday looks sunny and likely the only day this week with a chance at a 90 degree reading in some spots. By mid week temperatures should trend to be a bit cooler than normal for early August.
Chester County records for today: High 102 degrees at West Chester (2002) / Low 47 degrees Morgantown/Elverson (1959) / Rain 4.55" at West Chester (1950)
image.png.8594780801f8dd39869f728c305612d0.png

We hit 90 and that is rounded up from what I understand re: it did not really hit 90.   A cool 85 over here.   BN high day. 
What day was your possible myrtle beach trip? It might be out of there by late next weekend

National Weather Service State College PA
1214 PM EDT Sat Aug 3 2024

PAZ006-010>012-017>019-024>028-035>037-041-042-045-046-049>053-
056>059-063>066-040200-
/O.NEW.KCTP.FA.A.0005.240803T1614Z-240804T0200Z/
/00000.0.ER.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.000000T0000Z.OO/
Potter-Elk-Cameron-Northern Clinton-Clearfield-Northern Centre-
Southern Centre-Cambria-Blair-Huntingdon-Mifflin-Juniata-Fulton-
Franklin-Tioga-Northern Lycoming-Sullivan-Southern Clinton-
Southern Lycoming-Union-Snyder-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-
Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Lewistown, St. Marys, DuBois, Clearfield,
Newport, Mansfield, Wellsboro, Bloomsburg, Berwick, Renovo, Trout
Run, Williamsport, Sunbury, Altoona, Philipsburg, Mifflintown,
Carlisle, Lewisburg, State College, Emporium, Lebanon,
Chambersburg, McConnellsburg, Lancaster, York, Huntingdon,
Johnstown, Selinsgrove, Pottsville, Ridgway, Coudersport,
Laporte, Harrisburg, Mount Union, Hershey, Shamokin, Gettysburg,
Danville, and Lock Haven
1214 PM EDT Sat Aug 3 2024

...FLOOD WATCH IN EFFECT UNTIL 10 PM EDT THIS EVENING...

* WHAT...Flash flooding caused by excessive rainfall is possible.

* WHERE...A portion of central Pennsylvania, including the following
  areas, Adams, Blair, Cambria, Cameron, Clearfield, Columbia,
  Cumberland, Dauphin, Elk, Franklin, Fulton, Huntingdon, Juniata,
  Lancaster, Lebanon, Mifflin, Montour, Northern Centre, Northern
  Clinton, Northern Lycoming, Northumberland, Perry, Potter,
  Schuylkill, Snyder, Southern Centre, Southern Clinton, Southern
  Lycoming, Sullivan, Tioga, Union and York.

* WHEN...Until 10 PM EDT this evening.

* IMPACTS...Excessive runoff may result in flooding of rivers,
  creeks, streams, and other low-lying and flood-prone locations.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
  - National Weather Service Meteorologists are forecasting heavy
    rainfall over the burn scar, which may lead to flash flooding
    and debris flows.
  - http://www.weather.gov/safety/flood

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

You should monitor later forecasts and be prepared to take action
should Flash Flood Warnings be issued.

&&

14 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Carlisle and boiling springs are getting absolutely demolished by intense rain with this stationary storm. It's so dark looking west

Yeah these storms look really impressive for this early and like you said aren’t budging. A flash flood warning for central Cumberland Co.