• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

More and more it seems true that in order for our entire posting area to receive at least a 2"-3" rainfall there will have to be areas that are truly decimated by flood. I'm ok with that trade off now

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

More and more it seems true that in order for our entire posting area to receive at least a 2"-3" rainfall there will have to be areas that are truly decimated by flood. I'm ok with that trade off now

June-Aug/Sept yes.....

19 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I can't believe you are getting the old squeeze play action today. North this morning, south tonight

If you mean me directly, this has been a 6 year run.    Hanover has received more rain this summer than I have received the past 2-3 combined.   I would guess our northern posters have received 75-125" more than I have over the past 6 summers.  If the person that sold me this house was a man, I would beat him to a pulp for not telling me about this.   Educated guess that June-August from 2019 until now I have amassed a total of 35" or so.   21 months.....35".   Normal would be somewhere around 80.  HGR has around 45ish during that time and MDT is 70-80. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If you mean me directly, this has been a 6 year run.    Hanover has received more rain this summer than I have received the past 2-3 combined.   I would guess our northern posters have received 75-125" more than I have over the past 6 summers.  If the person that sold me this house was a man, I would beat him to a pulp for not telling me about this. 

You may be forgetting last summer how I kept just missing everything. I probably had about an inch in July and maybe a little more than that in August.

That said, all I'm getting are a few sprinkles.  It is oh so close to my south.

3 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

You may be forgetting last summer how I kept just missing everything. I probably had about an inch in July and maybe a little more than that in August.

That said, all I'm getting are a few sprinkles.  It is oh so close to my south.

I am guessing you have had 18-20" or so from June 2024-now.  The last 3 summers combined I am around 18".  9 months...18".    So more this summer than the last 3 summers here.  I know you did not do well last summer.   You go west of Waynesboro or even western Waynesboro and they have had 25-30" at least the last 3 summers. 

• Like 1

If you mean me directly, this has been a 6 year run.    Hanover has received more rain this summer than I have received the past 2-3 combined.   I would guess our northern posters have received 75-125" more than I have over the past 6 summers.  If the person that sold me this house was a man, I would beat him to a pulp for not telling me about this.   Educated guess that June-August from 2019 until now I have amassed a total of 35" or so.   21 months.....35".   Normal would be somewhere around 80.  HGR has around 45ish during that time and MDT is 70-80. 
It's weird how muted the rainfall difference is all the other months compared to summet

I am guessing you have had 18-20" or so from June 2024-now.  The last 3 summers combined I am around 18".  9 months...18".    So more this summer than the last 3 summers here.  I know you did not do well last summer.   You go west of Waynesboro or even western Waynesboro and they have had 25-30" at least the last 3 summers. 
I so wonder how your property In 2011 when people were pushing 80"-100" of rain up here

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

I’ll be up there tomorrow to take son and friends to Yankee Stadium.

Fair warning if is insanely humid and the heat warnings should be excessive heat imo. We saw a few on the ground with what I’m guessing were heat strokes this afternoon. 

52 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It's weird how muted the rainfall difference is all the other months compared to summet

It is the two mountain ranges.   Synoptic weather systems are fed with their own pressure differences whereas convection is really subject to rapid terrain differences. 

I do apologize for too many posts about a drought that does not affect all. Trying not complain vs. Discuss as well as root on others with model and rader trends.  Not mad at anyone and any snarky comments I make (a couple toward pillow as of late) are directed at the situation and not the poster.  

• Like 3

I got up this morning and usually hear the creek if it's low. But this morning I didn't hear the creek. So I looked down at the creek and seen that it has risen quite a bit since last evening (2ft) Wonder if we'll get heavy rain today to raise the creek even more? I only got .36 yesterday so it must have rained quite a bit more somewhere else to raise the creek. Nws says theres an elevated risk of excessive rainfall today.

USGS.01555500.121983.00065..20240731.20240803..0..png.20674c5fb414c2c251f7470b55076b20.png

• Like 1

Hazardous Weather Outlook
National Weather Service State College PA
448 AM EDT Sat Aug 3 2024

PAZ036-051>053-056>059-063-064-040900-
Franklin-Montour-Northumberland-Columbia-Perry-Dauphin-Schuylkill-
Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-
448 AM EDT Sat Aug 3 2024

This Hazardous Weather Outlook is for central Pennsylvania.

.DAY ONE...Today and tonight.

There is an elevated risk of excessive rainfall later this afternoon
into the evening that could result in isolated flooding particularly
in urban areas.

A couple of strong to severe thunderstorms capable of localized
damaging wind gusts are also possible this afternoon and evening.
  • Thanks 2