Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Mu does not agree with the meso's:

MU Weather Center

@MUweather

Heavy showers and embedded T-storms associated with a mesoscale convective system (MCS) will continue to move eastward across the Lower Susquehanna Valley through 1-2 PM. Additional development is likely this afternoon, but this may stabilize the atmosphere and prevent #severewx.

I assume the line coming through now (and starting to look lesser) is the 1-2PM stuff.  HRRR has almost nothing the rest of the day.  But HRRR did not have this stuff either.   My read of his mention is that this line may limit anything else like the HRRR is showing.   

• Like 1

River wins.   So often something minor approaches then turns into a big deal when it hits the might susky.  
From 1961 to 1991 the official observation site was at KCXY and it's mean rainfall was 40.21". So yes that 5 mile jaunt across the river had substantial documented affect with both precipitation and temperatures

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I assume the line coming through now (and starting to look lesser) is the 1-2PM stuff.  HRRR has almost nothing the rest of the day.  But HRRR did not have this stuff either.   My read of his mention is that this line may limit anything else like the HRRR is showing.   

Good point. And probably correct. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

From 1961 to 1991 the official observation site was at KCXY and it's mean rainfall was 40.21". So yes that 5 mile jaunt across the river had substantial documented affect with both precipitation and temperatures

Case in point as to why it is not a good spot for area wide measurements.  

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Partly Sunny and 84 nooner.  MDT flirting with 90 but not sure if they made it. 

Not sure that they did - Lanco and east is running well above everyone else due to more sunshine. I'm sitting at 92 at home right now. Some mid 90s showing up already to my east. 

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I love this look if it happened... conveyer of moisture feed from the Trop storm interacting with a front.  That has flood possibilities.  That front pushes it away afterwards.

image.png.dda219db454062f630089974793b5f3f.png

Sure does. We always seem to have our worst flooding episodes when tropical remnants interact with stalled out frontal boundaries. Lee in 2011 really stands out. 

• Like 1

I love this look if it happened... conveyer of moisture feed from the Trop storm interacting with a front.  That has flood possibilities.  That front pushes it away afterwards.

image.png.dda219db454062f630089974793b5f3f.png

Beautiful Pre

• Like 1

Case in point as to why it is not a good spot for area wide measurements.  
Which area? They both have issues. What would be best is have a good weather stations in Mechanicsburg, camp hill, lewisbwrry, enola, linglestown, midtown, downtown, middletown, hummelstown and take average

MU Weather Center

@MUweather

Storms are now really starting to intensify east of the Susquehanna River as they encounter a hotter and more unstable environment. Localized flash flooding of low-lying, poor-drainage, and urban areas may occur, as well as isolated wind gusts of 50-60 mph.

For those that get missed today, you'll have an excellent chance of "cashing in" on showers and storms tomorrow. Another vigorous disturbance will traverse the mid-Atlantic States from west-to-east, and the environment will be equally as moist and unstable as today..

20 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Which area? They both have issues. What would be best is have a good weather stations in Mechanicsburg, camp hill, lewisbwrry, enola, linglestown, midtown, downtown, middletown, hummelstown and take average

I cannot think of a worse spot for the LSV/S Central PA official recording to be done beside the one entity in the area that both alters temps and precip.    But yes, triangulate may be better for temps. but precip not so sure however you need a MUCH larger area to triangulate.    MDT is my official station, it is the official station of areas an hour to your north, etc.