• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

32 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

I have a house in Southern Shores the 2nd week in September. I  never buy the insurance because you need to be kicked out for at least 2 days before it's worth it. I'm looking at the MJO progs and they're suggesting we should be seeing an increase in tropical activity but this surge should "hopefully " be over by the 1st week of September. We'll see. :yikes:

Hopefully you get a stress free run up to the trip.  Best time to go to the beach is in Sept (or Oct in Florida) 

• Like 2

Most Meso's have the wave passing over or just to the south of the Lsv today but are suspiciously devoid of any kind of major squall line now...dry slotted in some manner.    None have 90's over this way while the Rgem has MDT get to 90 for an hour or two then a quick fall....HRRR is very hot and probably over done showing upper 90's for the LSV.   Only the HRRR shows any chance of 90's tomorrow. 

image.thumb.png.6e91771465867377172030a614992768.png

image.thumb.png.0a661aa6d762dfe2c23c274863c630c2.png

29 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

@Bubbler86 Seems to be some pretty big differences in your OBX storm for next week, with the CMC moving it through rather quickly and the GFS/Euro being damn near week-ruiners.  Either way, moisture is a comin' for the east coast.

p168i.gif?1722599529

The GFS took a turn toward the CMC so some hope there.  I will not be down there until Thursday evening.  Taking the direct from HGR to MYR.

image.thumb.png.8c5eb14a4626ef9e6e283628fe54adc4.png

46 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The GFS took a turn toward the CMC so some hope there.  I will not be down there until Thursday evening.  Taking the direct from HGR to MYR.

image.thumb.png.8c5eb14a4626ef9e6e283628fe54adc4.png

Ah my mistake.  For some reason I thought you were going to OBX and were leaving earlier in the week.  In that case, I think you'll be mostly fine. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Storms firing now along the southern tier in Fulton county. 

Need them to stay south.  Even 1/4" of right now would be good. 

31 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Ah my mistake.  For some reason I thought you were going to OBX and were leaving earlier in the week.  In that case, I think you'll be mostly fine. 

You make a mistake about once every 100 chances, so I am honored I was part of one!   Last night that low was sitting and spinning off the NC/SC border (GFS and Euro) as well as inland a bit well into next weekend so that was and could be a worry. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, canderson said:

Waiting or the train and it is ungodly miserable. 

Welcome to my every-morning routine for the last 18 years.  Well, since Covid we are only back in the office two days a week, so not quite every morning anymore.

Side note, a 2" difference between MDT and CXY in rainfall yesterday.  Sheesh. 

• Like 1

Welcome to my every-morning routine for the last 18 years.  Well, since Covid we are only back in the office two days a week, so not quite every morning anymore.
Side note, a 2" difference between MDT and CXY in rainfall yesterday.  Sheesh. 
Last 3 days
KMDT 3.64"
KCXY 0.56"

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

We finished July across Chester County with an average temperature of 76.9 degrees. This is the 19th warmest July since 1893 - the warmest being July 2011. The first 7 months of 2024 with an average temperature of 54.8 degrees is the 4th warmest start to a year- the all time warmest being way back in 1921 . The warmest temperature in July 2024 was the 99 degrees at Phoenixville (16th) and the lowest was the 52.9 degrees at Warwick Twp. (2nd). The wettest spot during July was at Spring City where 5.04" of rain fell the least rain fell at KOQN Brandywine Airport where only 1.70" of rain fell.
Ranking below:
image.png.82961ca9d690a59a57af8ab71ca18356.pngimage.png.2ecf20dfd44f17ba95b5504dfb003a80.png

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Per meso's this is it until overnight.    Pizza and hose for me tonight.  LOL

Mu does not agree with the meso's:

MU Weather Center

@MUweather

Heavy showers and embedded T-storms associated with a mesoscale convective system (MCS) will continue to move eastward across the Lower Susquehanna Valley through 1-2 PM. Additional development is likely this afternoon, but this may stabilize the atmosphere and prevent #severewx.