• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

Just now, mitchnick said:

I've been watching since I  left. Monday was nothing. Yesterday had a storm roll through, but the main area of heavy stuff hit north of me. This morning's storms were intense but looked to be fast movers and small in area. I'm not spiking the ball, believe me, as you know my feelings about grass mowing. :angry:

Yea, those storms this AM did not drop anywhere near that much.  I did not mark down each day I saw it rain there, but it has been a parade of cells over Hanover.   I am not just watching because of this board, I have clients there and people complaining about too much rain. LOL.  Falls on deaf ears over here. 

The models and NWS were both under stated.   With that said it was almost exclusively a river fest and not area wide at all (LSV specific.) 
How did it die out so quick and thoroughly south?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

If you find someone who knows how and why/where cells form and then dissipate, he or she would be a great guest here. 
I'm just excited that my forecast for Boston next week has me in mid 70s from Tuesday through Friday

• Like 1

Afternoon models really ramped up the issues for the Carolinas with tropical concerns.   Supposed to go to Dirty Myrtle next weekend but I am going to cancel if the runs do not change by Mon/Tue.
You trust models that much to cancel vacation 4 days out?

8 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

0.0 rain today in Marysville.

You may have to water the yard tomorrow....speaking of droughts in Marysville, you are still in a D1 in appears.

image.png.6bb400f60299665d551144eea727b476.png

Northeast

Conditions continue to deteriorate across much of the Mid-Atlantic and New England regions. The Northeast largely missed out on useful precipitation, outside of isolated areas of 1-3 inches of precipitation in northern New Hampshire, central Connecticut, and the southern West Virginia and Virginia borders. Temperatures were at- or below-normal, seeing temperatures of 65 to 75 in the central and upper Northeast. New England saw the expansion of abnormal dryness from southern New Hampshire into Vermont and northern Massachusetts, along with the introduction of moderate drought conditions in southeast New Hampshire. Further south, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginal saw 1-category expansions throughout the region due to poor soil moisture, lack of precipitation, and decreasing streamflows. Southwestern Virginia did see some of the same improvements as Tennessee and North Carolina.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Afternoon models really ramped up the issues for the Carolinas with tropical concerns.   Supposed to go to Trashcanistan next weekend but I am going to cancel if the runs do not change by Mon/Tue.

Stop by and tickle Pedro's taint. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Afternoon models really ramped up the issues for the Carolinas with tropical concerns.   Supposed to go to Dirty Myrtle next weekend but I am going to cancel if the runs do not change by Mon/Tue.

I have a house in Southern Shores the 2nd week in September. I  never buy the insurance because you need to be kicked out for at least 2 days before it's worth it. I'm looking at the MJO progs and they're suggesting we should be seeing an increase in tropical activity but this surge should "hopefully " be over by the 1st week of September. We'll see. :yikes:

• Like 1