• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

This is what my my smart ass, Yankee fan grandson texted me yesterday...lmao
Screenshot_20240731_212218_Instagram.thumb.jpg.8689644107fa1c0ef46cf8eabff79822.jpg
1) F the Yankees

2) I know having the farm in Wilkes-Barre helps but it disturbs me how many Yankees fans there are in Pennsylvania. I can understand the number of Cubs and Braves fans that various superstations brought, but holy Christ, Yankees fans are the absolute worst.

3) The absolute worst

4) Grandson? Did you duplicate at seven?

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

1) F the Yankees

2) I know having the farm in Wilkes-Barre helps but it disturbs me how many Yankees fans there are in Pennsylvania. I can understand the number of Cubs and Braves fans that various superstations brought, but holy Christ, Yankees fans are the absolute worst.

3) The absolute worst

Our local/CPA board fan Superstorm seems pretty cool.  

• Like 1

We ended July here in East Nantmeal with our warmest July since 2020....but only 1 degree above normal. Rainfall wise we were about 0.5" below normal but we are still running 2.5" above normal for the year to date. A hot and humid start to August with rain chances increasing as we get to the weekend.
Chester County wide records for today: High 104 degrees at Phoenixville (1933) / Low 47 degrees at Coatesville way back in 1895 / Rain 3.26" at West Chester in 2004.
image.png.4ceaf8e7ad68929c43ac1b133d638194.png

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Our local/CPA board fan Superstorm seems pretty cool.  

Yes, and I was thinking of him when I made my post. He is a very good poster and certainly does not give off that vibe that some others do. Like I said, every fan base has good and bad. Some are worse than others. 

I'm sure CBP was interesting earlier this week with a hot mix of Phillies and Yankees fans. Hard to imagine that there weren't a few scuffles...

• Like 1

We ended July here in East Nantmeal with our warmest July since 2020....

Well now it's back underneath Traveling to India in the summer...

but only 1 degree above normal.

Oh. Well I can deal with that. Back up the list it goes. I've been to Bradford on a hot day, anyway. That's not too much different from India...

• Haha 1

Evil baseball franchise talk not going away
Let's not act like the Sawx wouldn't be the Evil Empire if the Evil Empire didn't already exist.

If the Yankees are Mother Russia, the Red Sox, Dodgers, and Mets are Belarus, Turkmenistan, and Moldova.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Being a Red Sox fan I find just as many people who dislike people from Boston/Red Sox as the NY dislike. 

This is probably not fair and is admittedly a small sample size plus very subjective. My personal experience, Red Sox fans IN GENERAL are more obnoxious than Yankees fans in Baltimore. Both are loud and annoying, but there's a...sarcastically cocky edge that Boston fans seem to have that NY fans don't. 

Maybe the best way to put it is like this - Yankees do well in Baltimore and their fans go nuts. Red Sox do well in Baltimore and their fans go nuts in the faces of Orioles fans. It's just different. Yankees fans celebrate their team, Red Sox fans seem to delight in being jerks to O's fans. It's subtle...but it's there. 

• Like 1

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

This is probably not fair and is admittedly a small sample size plus very subjective. My personal experience, Red Sox fans IN GENERAL are more obnoxious than Yankees fans in Baltimore. Both are loud and annoying, but there's a...sarcastically cocky edge that Boston fans seem to have that NY fans don't. 

Maybe the best way to put it is like this - Yankees do well in Baltimore and their fans go nuts. Red Sox do well in Baltimore and there fans go nuts in the faces of Orioles fans. It's just different. Yankees fans celebrate their team, Red Sox fans seem to delight in being jerks to O's fans. It's subtle...but it's there. 

A lot of Red Sox fans think they literally are better people than anyone else.  It can be disgusting.    Same as Pat's fans. 

• Like 1

What does "Cowboy Up" even mean?

Oh so you need to bareback a horse for a hundred miles before lighting a small fire and sleeping on your back using a rock as a pillow? How's that going to help your trouble with the curve?

"After walking about the Earth like Jesus or Kwai Chang Caine, bat's no longer afraid."

• Haha 2

Just now, Atomixwx said:

Oh so you need to bareback a horse for a hundred miles before lighting a small fire and sleeping on your back using a rock as a pillow? How's that going to help your trouble with the curve?

"After walking about the Earth like Jesus or Kwai Chang Caine, bat's no longer afraid."

Not to mention a lot of the "the Cowboys" were actually bad people...at least as I have read the history books. 

A lot of Red Sox fans think they literally are better people than anyone else.  It can be disgusting.    Same as Pat's fans. 

2003 changed everything.

I've regularly attended games in Baltimore since 1976. I had a season ticket plan from 1984 through 1998. Prior to 2003 there were far, far more Yankees fans who showed up at O's game than Red Sox fans. It wasn't close. As soon as Boston won the WS, the following year Camden Yards was taken over by Red Sox fans. And you could just tell that so many of them weren't even real baseball fans, they hopped on the wagon. It was a completely different kind of fan. Yankees fans still came and they didn't change. 

I haven't attended a Red Sox game in Baltimore since 2016. I probably would act very un-me like if I did. 

• Like 1

The Production Manager has just sent me a message saying we need to talk about weather at least once this AM....3k line tomorrow looks decent.    Not literally going to happen this way but chances for the LSV both today and tomorrow...and Altoona.

image.png.d2afb48d3d50a31df59d3bb6d785da6a.png

MU is sounding the alarm for tomorrow. 

MU Weather Center

@MUweather

A subtle disturbance sagging southeastward through PA & the Delmarva Region may spark a few showers & T-storms this afternoon into tonight, but many areas won't receive any rain. Brief downpours & wind gusts up to 40 mph may occur, but tomorrow & Sat are the bigger "storm days."

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Indians turn to Jobu to help end Yan Gomes' slump - Yahoo Sports

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2003 changed everything.

I've regularly attended games in Baltimore since 1976. I had a season ticket plan from 1984 through 1998. Prior to 2003 there were far, far more Yankees fans who showed up at O's game than Red Sox fans. It wasn't close. As soon as Boston won the WS, the following year Camden Yards was taken over by Red Sox fans. And you could just tell that so many of them weren't even real baseball fans, they hopped on the wagon. It was a completely different kind of fan. Yankees fans still came and they didn't change. 

I haven't attended a Red Sox game in Baltimore since 2016. I probably would act very un-me like if I did. 

A lot of Red Sox fans think Dwight Evans and Jim Rice sucked which can tell you a lot about them being Band Wagon fans.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Atomixwx said:

1) F the Yankees

3) The absolute worst

First off...lol

Second, I'm 56 so having a grandson is kind of normal. I actually have two grandsons and a granddaughter. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not to mention a lot of the "the Cowboys" were actually bad people...at least as I have read the history books. 

Which is why that awful football team in Dallas is called the Cowboys...lol

Of course the wife is a fan so I have to deal with her during football season, and the grandson during baseball season.

Now my younger grandson. He's got it right. He likes the Phillies and Eagles, just like his pop-pop.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Which is why that awfully fun football team to watch from Dallas is called the Cowboys...lol

Of course the wife is a fan so I have to deal with her during football season, and the grandson during baseball season.

Now my younger grandson. He's got it right. He likes the Phillies and Eagles, just like his pop-pop.

Your spell checker had a snafu there....I fixed it. 

• Haha 2

MU is sounding the alarm for tomorrow. 
MU Weather Center
@MUweather
A subtle disturbance sagging southeastward through PA & the Delmarva Region may spark a few showers & T-storms this afternoon into tonight, but many areas won't receive any rain. Brief downpours & wind gusts up to 40 mph may occur, but tomorrow & Sat are the bigger "storm days."
God I hope so

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

2003 changed everything.[/quote]

I agree their winning the series in 2004 changed how Red Sox fans conducted themselves, but I think the Patriots in 2001/2002 set the tone. Although in 2003 Pedro Martinez threw Don Zimmer on the ground, which makes me laugh like a hyena to this day 

43 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

1 minute ago, Atomixwx said:

I agree their winning the series in 2004 changed how Red Sox fans conducted themselves, but I think the Patriots in 2001/2002 set the tone. Although in 2003 Pedro Martinez threw Don Zimmer on the ground, which makes me laugh like a hyena to this day 

Thanks, I can't believe I had the year wrong. Shame on me! 

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Thanks, I can't believe I had the year wrong. Shame on me! 

Lol no admonition there but it's funny that 2003 was the Aaron Fn Boone year and then in 2004 the Sox turned the tide and came back from down 3-1 down. Maybe if the Yankees are able to slam the door shut, this conversation is more about the threat of severe weather tomorrow and not now everyone hush hush hates the Red Sox but is afraid to say it because it may make the Yankees a tiny little bit less punchable.

• Haha 1