• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Monty
    Newest Member
    Monty

I scored big time. Got 3.65" here in Tamaqua. Icing on the cake is that it hit just as I finished my work shift and got in the Jeep, so on a personal level, I stayed dry!

Here's proof if anyone doubts. 

Screenshot_20240731_003611_Firefox.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Voyager said:

I scored big time. Got 3.65" here in Tamaqua. Icing on the cake is that it hit just as I finished my work shift and got in the Jeep, so on a personal level, I stayed dry!

Here's proof if anyone doubts. 

Screenshot_20240731_003611_Firefox.jpg

Another .12" after bedtime gave me an event total of 3.77"

• Like 1

Thing with the rain last night was that I didn't see the heaviest of it. I was coming up from Allentown and was seeing lightning to my northwest. I then got to our fuel location, which is 10 miles south of Tamaqua, and still dry. Checked my station while fueling, and I had about 1.25". Got to our shop which is southeast of Tamaqua, parked the truck, did paperwork, and felt the first drops while walking to the Jeep. Drove home in a few downpours, but missed the brunt of it as the super heavy stuff trained right through Tamaqua. Areas near my work location didn't get half what I got at home.

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I can take solace in that I personally broke the record for driest July ever at 0.71". If we actually get moisture in August I'm sure @canderson and I will eventually get smoked. We can't keep missing these forever

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Isn’t it raining in your yard at this very moment?

13 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Thing with the rain last night was that I didn't see the heaviest of it. I was coming up from Allentown and was seeing lightning to my northwest. I then got to our fuel location, which is 10 miles south of Tamaqua, and still dry. Checked my station while fueling, and I had about 1.25". Got to our shop which is southeast of Tamaqua, parked the truck, did paperwork, and felt the first drops while walking to the Jeep. Drove home in a few downpours, but missed the brunt of it as the super heavy stuff trained right through Tamaqua. Areas near my work location didn't get half what I got at home.

So are the days of the Tamaqua split over? Has the curse been finally broken? 

9 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

That remains to be seen. I wasn't in Tamaqua, so I'm wondering. Is it the Tamaqua Split, or is it the Voyager Split???

13 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

My one spotter near him has received almost 40" of rain this year already.   Double what others here have received.     The only split up there is the ones the constant rain run off create. 

17 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My one spotter near him has received almost 40" of rain this year already.   Double what others here have received.     The only split up there is the ones the constant rain run off create. 

My rain gauge stopped working while I was in Arizona last summer (2023), and my wife couldn't go out and troubleshoot it, so it waited until I came home. What I found was that the tipper was stuck in the tipped position, so it wasn't reading any rain. I fixed that as soon as I got home, but my yearly totals are skewed now because of it. I wish I knew how much we got for the YTD. I know that there were some big events this spring while I was still out west, so I may be close to that number myself.

4 minutes ago, Voyager said:

My rain gauge stopped working while I was in Arizona last summer (2023), and my wife couldn't go out and troubleshoot it, so it waited until I came home. What I found was that the tipper was stuck in the tipped position, so it wasn't reading any rain. I fixed that as soon as I got home, but my yearly totals are skewed now because of it. I wish I knew how much we got for the YTD. I know that there were some big events this spring while I was still out west, so I may be close to that number myself.

Yea, a lot of areas up that way are well into the 30's now with some low 40's.  Crazy amounts.   ABE is at 29. East Stroudsburg is 34.    Mt Pocono 38. 

8 hours ago, canderson said:

I had .08” 

LOL

Also on record August will be the hottest ever for Harrisburg is my prediction 

Bold sir, bold.  The first week or so will certainly get you off on the right track.  After that, we'll have to see how pronounced and prolonged the eastern troughing is that is currently being depicted on some of the long-range modeling.  But yeah, overall, HOT seems like a safe bet.

• Like 1