Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

[mention=4667]Jns2183[/mention] special
image.thumb.png.252b41c54dd465714dfdbe826d2c5d91.png
Nice rain cooled air.

KMDT is so close to setting record for driest July ever. I know the weather gods will screw up that record tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Nice rain cooled air.

KMDT is so close to setting record for driest July ever. I know the weather gods will screw up that record tomorrow

How much do we need to pass the lowest so far?

20 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I think 0.14 to pass

24 minutes ago, canderson said:

How much do we need to pass the lowest so far?

The common mesos's all say MDT gets a lot more than that tomorrow.  I know that means nothing other than putting it out there for compare tomorrow. 

Record high of 90F at Bradford today, easily breaking the record of 87F set in 1988.

A couple other locations approached record highs as well. DuBois reached 89F, 3F shy of the record set in 1988. Altoona topped out at 92F, 2F below the record set in 2002.

3 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Record high of 90F at Bradford today, easily breaking the record of 87F set in 1988.

A couple other locations approached record highs as well. DuBois reached 89F, 3F shy of the record set in 1988. Altoona topped out at 92F, 2F below the record set in 2002.

That was also the 5th 90+ day of the season at Bradford. Since records began in 1957, only one calendar year had more 90+ days. In 1988, a total of 8 days reached at least 90F at the Bradford Regional Airport.

21 hours ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 66.  Do my eyes deceive me or does MDT actually have a chance to finish July with a mean temp below 80?  May have to do some calculations later.  August looks to start hot.

We were out kind of towards @ChescoWx yesterday at a birthday party a couple miles south of Honey Brook.  Between the ultra rural nature of the surroundings and the elevation (we were up at ~800'), the temp was a good 3-5 degrees lower than even the rural stretches of the Old Philadelphia Pike, going through Bird-in-Hand, Intercourse, White Horse, and the like.  Beautiful drive but man were the buggies out in full force on a Sunday, must have passed 50 of 'em.

Was waiting to comment on this pending how warm they got yesterday and how warm it stayed last night.  With both numbers in it appears they hold on to the 80.x mark and are in a fight to see if they end up the month 3rd, 4th or 5th warmest.   If they had dropped much more, they would have fallen out of the top 5.   One question today is if they can try to sneak in a 90 to pick up a soft heat wave (to start). 

• Like 1

75 was my low.
This upcoming heat wave might break me. I am teetering.  
I don't know if any day goes above 95. I can't call it a real heatwave anymore if that doesn't happen

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I don't know if any day goes above 95. I can't call it a real heatwave anymore if that doesn't happen

Day one of our current heat wave opportunity, MDT hit a Heat Index of 89.   Ha.   However, if you weigh 220 pounds the HI was 91 while if you weigh 140 pounds the HI was 87. 

Day one of our current heat wave opportunity, MDT hit a Heat Index of 89.   Ha.   However, if you weigh 220 pounds the HI was 91 while if you weigh 140 pounds the HI was 87. 
I need to loose weight

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

See, ice cream is ok once in a while but french fries are ok for every meal so there is my dilemma. 

Every trip to the office lunchroom is a trip wrought with peril - freezer cooler stuffed with ice cream and drink cooler stuffed with ice teas. All good tasting, none of it exactly on the fitness program. LOL 

• Haha 2

I haven't seen much discussion of this. But this summer has done incredibly well on 90+ days at Harrisburg. I know some have complained that recent warm summers haven't been super impressive on that end. Good chance to tack on number 26 today.

At this point in the year, only 5 years have had more 90+ readings. This is the most since 1999.

image.png.97beac3aeb47e346fad306e72101f3db.png

Same story with 95+ days:

image.png.641216fba7f9af66c85b4406c1d3251d.png

For the metric lovers, days at or above 30C/86F:

image.png.bfa3ed4d0c9573d3d88bfb26d833b31c.png

2 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Very impressive figures. This summer seems to be performing very well in terms of heat here in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania on a variety of metrics.

Your relentlessness on this subject is what's really impressive. I'm not so sure that a lot of us are impressed otherwise. 

• Haha 4

Rain chances should ramp up later today especially to the west and southwest of Chester County. Tonight looks to have the best chance of some heavy rain in spots. Sun returns to end out the week before the next chance of showers Friday into Sunday.
Chester County Records for today: High 99 degrees at Kennett Square (1917) / Low 48 degrees at Phoenixville (1956) / Rain 4.06" at Phoenixville (1971)
image.png.91790664a2ec8be9c514f2e3fea3dc97.png

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Your relentlessness on this subject is what's really impressive. I'm not so sure that a lot of us are impressed otherwise. 

For most people in this subforum, it's probably the hottest summer to date for their lifetimes (certainly top 2/3) and one of only a select few years in terms of 90s. I'd say that's pretty impressive.