• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Are there direct flights to East Nantmeal now? 

Sorry no direct flights.....just yet!!  However, It really is amazing how many folks have been starting to plan summer vacations and getaways for our fair little township!! The refreshing highlands climate is quickly gaining a faithful following! Come on over before our little secret gets out!!!

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Sorry no direct flights.....just yet!!  However, It really is amazing how many folks have been starting to plan summer vacations and getaways for our fair little township!! The refreshing highlands climate is quickly gaining a faithful following! Come on over before our little secret gets out!!!

Yes. East Nantmeal township is right up there on my destination top ten. Up until about six months ago it was in fifth spot just ahead of India in the summer and just below time travel to Dachau. 

I am happy to report it has jumped over the time machine into the camps and is quickly approaching a trip to a high school in Louisiana as an Atheist.

• Haha 3

On 7/26/2024 at 9:29 AM, Bubbler86 said:

Dubois is at 4.  WPT at way down at 8 and probably dropping out of the top 10 over the next 2 days.  Unlike MDT and Dubois, WPT is not dominated by 2000's at the top.

image.png.aa79ab2bdd001da9cfe0f3da7e0b7d65.png

image.png.d87a9006b561f1a2320c5ce082050c0d.png

I mean 6 of the top 14 [and 5 of the Top 10, for that matter] in the last 14 years with records dating to the 1800s is still pretty dominant.

20 hours ago, Jns2183 said:

In 1956 the average high for each of the 3 summer months never went above 82. God I need that kinda summer soon

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Good luck on that one. I suspect 2003 & 2004 were the last mild summers on record. By mild, I mean in a historical sense. Obviously, there will always be cooler than normal summers [like last year], but due to the rising means, those wind up nowhere near historically cold summers.

image.png.e37ddf6ffb7ea4feac102d1c456624fc.png

I think this is something lost on a lot of people. Some like to point to a few scattered years in the historical records and say "look, it's been hotter." But they ignore the fact, that also scattered in the mix were many summers that were far colder than any recent summer. Like 2003 & 2004 at KPIT, the highest temperature was 88F in that 2-year stretch. What are the odds of that recurring any time soon?

37 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Good luck on that one. I suspect 2003 & 2004 were the last mild summers on record. By mild, I mean in a historical sense. Obviously, there will always be cooler than normal summers [like last year], but due to the rising means, those wind up nowhere near historically cold summers.

image.png.e37ddf6ffb7ea4feac102d1c456624fc.png

I would agree with this sentiment.  With the HIA keeping the lows up it is going to be hard to get months where the highs average 82 when it is 68-70 to start a lot of mornings.    Would need a persistent NW (dry) flow. 

33 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Saying 6/14 is domination is like saying you dominated a toddler at boxing. 

2011-2024 is only 14 years, so that means nearly half of them were among the top 14 warmest of 130 years.

Widening out ever so slightly, and 8 of the top 20 have occurred in the past 15 years.

image.png.4810f83d2a1d3eb805c4267d8e3f43d2.png