• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Low of 59, wasn’t quite expecting that. Currently 61/57 and gorgeous out.  All types of stuff seems to be down due to this global Microsoft issue.  Hopefully resolved soon. Happy Friday, all. 
We should all be happy we are not flying today

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Or needing 911...
"Crowdstrike, an enterprise-level antivirus service, pushed out an update that put servers and desktops running Windows into a reboot loop until they bluescreened. The fix was to put each computer into safe mode and delete a file, which naturally is a massive task, which is why some things are coming back faster than other things. "

Well crowdstrike as a going concern is gone after the courts get done with them.

The question I have is if you a part of the team from crowdStrike that was responsible for this epic screw up do you just switch careers? Leave your work history blank as it regards to them? What is the play here?

The play is to walk away from your desk and out of the closest window. There's too many people inhabiting the firmament. Time to trim the fat. Start with the assholes.
Walking the plank, new and updated

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

That or they are neck deep in shit from crowdStrike epically epic to max epicness fuck up

I have a lot of Azure and M365 stuff but did not see any issues on either side.  Unsure if the Azure stuff from yesterday is related to Crowdstrike.  No CrowdStrike clients though. 

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

I think Trumps speech went until 3AM so everyone is tired. 

I tapped out after 25 minutes of "I shouldn't be here. It was divine intervention." I slept like a baby. I think everyone's Microsoft RFID chips implanted in their anuses have misfired and we're in need of reboot. 

Or Ctrl+Alt+Dlt

• Haha 1

I tapped out after 25 minutes of "I shouldn't be here. It was divine intervention." I slept like a baby. I think everyone's Microsoft RFID chips implanted in their anuses have misfired and we're in need of reboot. 
Or Ctrl+Alt+Dlt
Just delete that system32 file. Guaranteed way to get out of work early

Nooners.  76 and pleasant.  Another BN day on tap.  I think this will be the 10th BN day for the month (using MDT's norms.)   3 July days have now stayed 80 (including yesterday) or below here with no rain assisting the temp.  Not sure if we hold on for a 4th today or not. 

MDT compare for the gold standard in hot July's....2020.  2024 as of 19th and giving MDT a BN day today because it would take getting to 91/92 to not make it so.  I am not going to do average temp with over 10 days to go in 2024.   All of 2020's numbers are full month except precip...they only had one BN day the entire month.   2020 finished out the last 13 days of the month with 7 days 95 or higher. 

2020                   2024

Low Temp for the Month:               67 (3X)                60

High Temp for the Month:              100                      100

Lowest High for the Month            80                        78

Highest Low for the Month            79 (2x)                78 (2X)  

Below Normal Days:                       1                          7

Precip through 7/18                        .77                      .19

Days 95 or higher                            11                       8

Days 90 or higher                           22                      12 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, canderson said:

Buying a car should not take this long. I have cash - take it. Jesus. /rant

Nice summer day out 

They have to decrypt each machine (which can take hours), reboot into Safe Mode and remove the file, then encrypt again.    Going to slow down your purchase!    The CDK hack from late June is also still affecting car dealers. 

19 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

They have to decrypt each machine (which can take hours), reboot into Safe Mode and remove the file, then encrypt again.    Going to slow down your purchase!    The CDK hack from late June is also still affecting car dealers. 

Actually they’re not impacted at all by today’s fiasco or the CDK one. Just takes forever doing title and registration work. 

11 minutes ago, canderson said:

Actually they’re not impacted at all by today’s fiasco or the CDK one. Just takes forever doing title and registration work. 

I was mostly joking.  But the CDK issue was all title work related because the dealers lost their connection to the state. 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I was mostly joking.  But the CDK issue was all title work related because the dealers lost their connection to the state. 

A buddy runs a Honda place in Texas and their service side is still messed up because that one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Buying a car should not take this long. I have cash - take it. Jesus. /rant

Nice summer day out 

"Money is the root of all evil. I will not accept your cash. Well, maybe ten percent of it."

- Jesus 

• Haha 1