• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Low of 69 with .11" of total rainfall and a body that can barely move.  .69" MTD and 25.23" YTD.  MDT now running as warmest July of all-time with a mean temp of 81.8.  National high of 121 at Death Valley and low of 33 near Mackay, ID.  My forecast seems to have come down a bit for the next week so I guess that's good.  Onward. 
It is also the driest ever currently. Funny how those two attributes love to go hand in hand with each other

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I have like a 30% chance Saturday. Next week looks like 50%+ for like 4 or 5 days

Models have a wave forming on the stalled front....right now I think people south of Harrisburg have a good shot of something just based on model reading. 

3 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Those reds expanding northward.

a7cee3e6ff3af821190a6055fe082e57.jpg

Hopefully rains next week will put a dent into dry conditions.

Northeast Drought Summary

The entire region was warmer than normal this week. The warmest areas were from eastern New York up to Maine, with some pockets having departures of 8-10 degrees above normal. Above-normal precipitation was recorded in the northern portions of the region from New York into Maine where more than 200% of normal precipitation was measured. Areas from southern New Jersey into eastern Virginia also picked up more than 200% of normal precipitation this week. Most other areas were drier than normal, which allowed for some expansion and intensification of the drought status. Abnormally dry conditions were expanded in southern New Hampshire and central Pennsylvania. Moderate drought was introduced into portions of eastern Pennsylvania and northern New Jersey and also expanded in central New Jersey. Moderate and severe drought were expanded in southern Pennsylvania, west Virginia and northern Virginia. Severe drought was expanded and extreme drought introduced over much of West Virginia and northern Virginia. The coastal areas from southern New Jersey to southeastern Virginia did see a category of improvement to the moderate drought and abnormally dry conditions where the greatest rains took place.

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 69 with .11" of total rainfall and a body that can barely move.  .69" MTD and 25.23" YTD.  MDT now running as warmest July of all-time with a mean temp of 81.8.  National high of 121 at Death Valley and low of 33 near Mackay, ID.  My forecast seems to have come down a bit for the next week so I guess that's good.  Onward. 

Looks like 2020 was higher with 82.2 but that is the only one I see above this year....81.8 being tied with 1999 for second. 

Most spots across Chester County over the last 7 days have received between 1" to over 3" of rain. Here in East Nantmeal we have received 3.07" of rain since last Thursday. Spots across Southern Chester County have been generally on the lower side of these amounts with more to the North across the county. A nice stretch of weather through the weekend is on the way. Relatively low humidity and temps not far from normal to slightly below.
Chester County daily records for today: High 100 degrees at West Chester (1988) / Low 50.6 at Nottingham (2014) / Rainfall 2.75" at Phoenixville (2019)
image.png.f9c3220c74071f538fb9fbae7487662d.png

Models have a wave forming on the stalled front....right now I think people south of Harrisburg have a good shot of something just based on model reading. 
Are you talking about Saturday or next week?

If we miss all next week I feel like going the joker route is the most logical outcome.

9 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Are you talking about Saturday or next week?

If we miss all next week I feel like going the joker route is the most logical outcome.

Both Sat and next week.   Next week the front gets closer to us and a risk of some very warm days if no clouds/rain but also a much closer locale to any waves   Warm meaning low 90's.   Short-term models show a wave forming and moving out to our SE over the next 48-72 hours.   Actually, more than one wave but the one Sat afternoon is closer to us due to the front starting the move back north.

Both Sat and next week.   Next week the front gets closer to us and a risk of some very warm days if no clouds/rain but also a much closer locale to any waves   Warm meaning low 90's.   Short-term models show a wave forming and moving out to our SE over the next 48-72 hours.   Actually, more than one wave but the one Sat afternoon is closer to us due to the front starting the move back north.

All I desire anymore is stratiform or tropical rain. Convective precipitation has let me down all summer, as I haven't seen close lightning since the begining on June. Whatever atmosphere conditions are causing or storms to fall apart in 15 to 20 minutes are also suppressing lightning formation in these parts. It is very odd because normally after a big heat wave we have prolific lightning producing storms

30 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

A rain that persisted for "several hours" according to my wife last evening dropped 1.21". My phone app for my station isn't working and I rely on her for reports. Needless to say...I was more than shocked when I got home last night.

Wow!  I had no idea you got in on the action to that extent.  Amazing.  I was in the black hole of Lancaster County yesterday.....

24hr_0.png

• Thanks 1

A rain that persisted for "several hours" according to my wife last evening dropped 1.21". My phone app for my station isn't working and I rely on her for reports. Needless to say...I was more than shocked when I got home last night.
Well needed that's for sure. What are you at now since June 1st?

37 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The WU station at the airport near year recorded .5" in 10 minutes ~5:30 and then measured another .5" in only 5 minutes ~6:20.  Insane rates, about as heavy as it gets around here.  Congrats!

• Like 1

Wow!  I had no idea you got in on the action to that extent.  Amazing.  I was in the black hole of Lancaster County yesterday.....

24hr_0.png

Honestly...I was embarrassed to share my total. One, it's hard to do so when so many others got so little. Two, I had no idea. The first cell moved through and dropped .10". At that point I was in a 4 hour meeting last evening and assumed we didn't get anything additional since I heard nothing from my wife. I got home at midnight, looked at the monitor, and promptly passed out.

• Haha 1

24hr_0.png

That map is humbling. I was JUST inside the goods. Another mile or two south and I would have had totals like you.

• Like 1

That map is humbling. I was JUST inside the goods. Another mile or two south and I would have had totals like you.
As @Voyager has stated. Allentown has feasted lately. But they did have a horrid horrid June so are at 5.7" about since June 1st.

8 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

As @Voyager has stated. Allentown has feasted lately. But they did have a horrid horrid June so are at 5.7" about since June 1st.

The area from Northern Dauphin north (and East)  has been wet most summers for seemingly 1/2 decade now.   I just near 2" since June 1 here myself.    The first half of June was a nothing burger.