• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Incorrect - he had almost double what I've had since June 1st coming into today. 
I think that was me with double. He's had about 1" in last 60 days he said the other day.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Just now, mitchnick said:

Ended with .7" with a ton of destructive winds. Lots of tree limbs down along the street in addition to the neighbor's entire tree.

Lancaster and York 911 calls are going nuts right now. A lot in your area and a lot in Lanco along the Rt. 30 corridor and just north and south. 

6 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I think that was me with double. He's had about 1" in last 60 days he said the other day.

My apologies to both of you. I got the 2 of you confused. 

With that little rain, it's a wonder he's not in a D1 designation. 

He's a small island of shitty luck. You go a couple miles in any direction and totals are closer to mine. I don't think the resolution of their maps is small enough to show his island of despair.

27 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

MDT had 2 good storms with .5” or more that missed me entirely and that’s what it’s based on. It’s bad here. Crunchy everything. 

• Like 1

MDT had 2 good storms with .5” or more that missed me entirely and that’s what it’s based on. It’s bad here. Crunchy everything. 
KMDT also hadn't had measurable precipitation in July Yet. They are officially at a T. I'm at 0.08". Screenshot_20240716-202203_Chrome.jpg

9 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

KMDT also hadn't had measurable precipitation in July Yet. They are officially at a T. I'm at 0.08". Screenshot_20240716-202203_Chrome.jpg

HGR is 3" behind just for June and 1/2 of July.  They have had about 1.6 or 1.7" during that time but that is not nearly enough over 6-7 weeks to combat this sun and heat.    I heard an expansion of D2 is coming and maybe some D3 to our near south.   Not one farmer I know here has irrigation. 

HGR is 3" behind just for June and 1/2 of July.  They have had about 1.6 or 1.7" during that time but that is not nearly enough over 6-7 weeks to combat this sun and heat.    I heard an expansion of D2 is coming and maybe some D3 to our near south.   Not one farmer I know here has irrigation. 
I hope they have good crop insurance

19 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I hope they have good crop insurance

Yea, your taxes  LOL.  We have been paying for my neighbor farmer every year since I have been here in 2018.  Once D1 hits they get government relief.  More for D2.  Farmers are uber protected by the government.    Without farmers, we are done as a country.  The one year we had 1" total over the entire summer (June-Aug), the government paid him 2-4 Mill to destroy his crop as it could not have been harvested.   I think he does have to pay some kind of fee to qualify...for people who do not buy insurance. 

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Hope everything is okay @Mount Joy Snowman - a ton of damage reports coming in from his general area. 

All good here. We were at a happy hour for a friend’s surprise Bday party when the storm hit. It blew around some umbrellas outside but nothing too crazy. No real damage in our neighborhood either, but a beautiful line that rolled through! Looks like about a half inch. MUCH needed. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

All good here. We were at a happy hour for a friend’s surprise Bday party when the storm hit. It blew around some umbrellas outside but nothing too crazy. No real damage in our neighborhood either, but a beautiful line that rolled through! Looks like about a half inch. MUCH needed. 

I knew you got more than I did - more than quadrupled me again! 

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I knew you got more than I did - more than quadrupled me again! 

Seems like ever since I moved I’ve been keeping up with you better. Chickies Ridge paying dividends ha. We were at Blue Collar bar at Four Seasons Golf Course, if you’re familiar, and boy was the golf course lovin’ that deluge. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Seems like ever since I moved I’ve been keeping up with you better. Chickies Ridge paying dividends ha. We were at Blue Collar bar at Four Seasons Golf Course, if you’re familiar, and boy was the golf course lovin’ that deluge. 

Oh yes, I know the place. 

East Hempfield had a lot of damage reports on 911. 

• Like 1

My NWS forecast seems pretty optimistic for rain today: 

Today
Showers and thunderstorms likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 3pm. High near 86. Calm wind becoming west 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.