• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    g0ldl10n
    Newest Member
    g0ldl10n

Welcome to everybody's favorite season. I know each and every one of us is looking forward to temperatures in the 90's and dewpoints in the 70 plus range! Summer is the time where we can throw our jeans back into the closet and proudly put on that speedo   and hang out at the pool drinking a beer with @Canderson. Will this be the summer when there is a drought emergency in the 'burg, while it's pouring in Marysville yet again? Will this be the Summer where @Bubbler86 is out watering his lawn under the cover of darkness violating the Rouzerville water restriction yet again? Will this Summer finally see the King of  mowing dynasty @Itstraingtime come to an end and his mower rusts away from weeks of not mowing due to a parched lawn and forfeiting his title to @Atomixwx? Will @Voyager be broadcasting live on I-81 doing his trucker video's showing the  macadam buckling from intense heat? Or will this Summer be a flop? All these questions and more will be answered on September 1st. Enjoy this Summer!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Welcome to everybody's favorite season. I know each and every one of us is looking forward to temperatures in the 90's and dewpoints in the 70 plus range! Summer is the time where we can throw our jeans back into the closet and proudly put on that speedo   and hang out at the pool drinking a beer with @Canderson. Will this be the summer when there is a drought emergency in the 'burg, while it's pouring in Marysville yet again? Will this be the Summer where @Bubbler86 is out watering his lawn under the cover of darkness violating the Rouzerville water restriction yet again? Will this Summer finally see the King of  mowing dynasty Itstraingtime come to an end and his mower rusts away from weeks of not mowing due to a parched lawn and forfeiting his title to @Atomixwx? Will @Voyager be broadcasting live on I-81 doing his trucker video's showing the  macadam buckling from intense heat? Or will this Summer be a flop? All these questions and more will be answered on September 1st. Enjoy this Summer!

One day closer to fall!   The Blizz countdown clock is already moving to the good (and thanks for starting the thread)!   As to the mowing crown, it is sort of like how the rest of the AHL looks at the Hershey Bears.  The real challenge is to see who can finish second.   Click link for live time.  It gets better every second! 

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/fall?iso=20240901T00&p0=4561&msg=Fall+in+Marysville%2C+PA&font=cursive

image.thumb.png.b20c0f156d5283c3bdcc72bbfb70b196.png

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

One day closer to fall!   The Blizz countdown clock is already moving to the good (and thanks for starting the thread)!   As to the mowing crown, it is sort of like how the rest of the AHL looks at the Hershey Bears.  The real challenge is to see who can finish second.   Click link for live time.  It gets better every second! 

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/fall?iso=20240901T00&p0=4194&msg=Fall+in+Marysville%2C+PA&font=cursive

image.thumb.png.240a90b6b3e37a25180d6a36d6de0e38.png

Too early to mention this thing called fall! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Too early to mention this thing called fall! 

Too bad we cannot pin the clock at the top of the topic.  LOL. 

7 hours ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

CTP strongly disagrees. Here is their current point & click forecast for Lancaster on Sunday.

Sunday
Partly sunny, with a high near 80. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 8 mph in the morning.

Meso wise it still looks a lot less rainy than a few days ago but still showers around.   Personally, I doubt it affects the golf that much and may be after dark Sunday. 

Waking up to 47 degrees on the first day of summer.    Time for you to play the opposites game and start the thread...strike back at @Voyager for sinking our winter :-).  If MU sees you start the thread, he will feel some stress with is forecast. 

36 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Welcome to everybody's favorite season. I know each and every one of us is looking forward to temperatures in the 90's and dewpoints in the 70 plus range! Summer is the time where we can throw our jeans back into the closet and proudly put on that speedo   and hang out at the pool drinking a beer with @Canderson. Will this be the summer when there is a drought emergency in the 'burg, while it's pouring in Marysville yet again? Will this be the Summer where @Bubbler86 is out watering his lawn under the cover of darkness violating the Rouzerville water restriction yet again? Will this Summer finally see the King of  mowing dynasty Itstraingtime come to an end and his mower rusts away from weeks of not mowing due to a parched lawn and forfeiting his title to @Atomixwx? Will @Voyager be broadcasting live on I-81 doing his trucker video's showing the  macadam buckling from intense heat? Or will this Summer be a flop? All these questions and more will be answered on September 1st. Enjoy this Summer!

Excellent opening post!!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today we were at Arlington National Cemetery burying my wife’s grandmother. I won’t dox myself but our grandparents and great grandparent are about 30 yards from Abner in Section 1 so it’s always nice saying hi to him. 

IMG-2843.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

Welcome to everybody's favorite season. I know each and every one of us is looking forward to temperatures in the 90's and dewpoints in the 70 plus range! Summer is the time where we can throw our jeans back into the closet and proudly put on that speedo   and hang out at the pool drinking a beer with @Canderson. Will this be the summer when there is a drought emergency in the 'burg, while it's pouring in Marysville yet again? Will this be the Summer where @Bubbler86 is out watering his lawn under the cover of darkness violating the Rouzerville water restriction yet again? Will this Summer finally see the King of  mowing dynasty @Itstraingtime come to an end and his mower rusts away from weeks of not mowing due to a parched lawn and forfeiting his title to @Atomixwx? Will @Voyager be broadcasting live on I-81 doing his trucker video's showing the  macadam buckling from intense heat? Or will this Summer be a flop? All these questions and more will be answered on September 1st. Enjoy this Summer!

Very well done Sir!

Great thread starter post!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/fall?iso=20240901T00&p0=4561&msg=Fall+in+Marysville%2C+PA&font=cursive

image.thumb.png.b20c0f156d5283c3bdcc72bbfb70b196.png

This is amazing…I added it to my favorites.

Time to root for low dew points & occasional breaks in the heat!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Dube!  Bears win their 14th straight OT game. 

What a sick stat - a combination of a very talented team along with some luck thrown in. Fortunate to win that one...Cleveland really carried the play in the 3rd period and the first part of OT.

11 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

What a sick stat - a combination of a very talented team along with some luck thrown in. Fortunate to win that one...Cleveland really carried the play in the 3rd period and the first part of OT.

Yep, when the PP came it did not look good. Amazing a team can win 14 straight OT games.

• Like 1

Some lower spots in the county again touched the 40's while here in East Nantmeal the low was only 55.7 degrees. Partly sunny today with some shower chances tonight. Best day of the week loos like Tuesday with sun and near 80 degrees. Shower chances ramp up for Wednesday night till Friday AM.
Chester County records for today: High 98 degrees at Phoenixville (1918) and 94 degrees in Western Chesco at Sadsburyville (1919) / Low 37 degrees at Coatesville (1927) / Rain 4.00" at Chadds Ford (1946)
image.png.0d0b0c3d063ea73bd9df165e876f869c.png
  • Thanks 1

Hopefully we get a little rain tonight. I think I found out why the rain gauge wasn't working on my station. It's a self tipping gauge, and the tipper was stuck in the tipped position. 

If anyone looks at my stats, the 0.12" it currently shows is a false reading from me screwing around with it.

2 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

20 to 30 cent/gallon difference here between Marietta and Mount Joy - just a few miles apart.

Temp here is 77.

That is crazy.  Saw $3.52 or similar in Hanover....$3.89 in Rou the last time I looked. 

Light rain here now (Rou) but not amounting to much yet. 

• Like 1