• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

6 minutes ago, Porsche said:

Not a fan of Indian food, good ole meat and potato guy LOL.  Good note on the Wharf and I thought of the "real" museum.  Would you say that's better viewing than Gravelly Point?  Is the viewing options inside and outside?  Agreed as Uber would be my choice if I plan on getting around.  Maybe just doing the museum at Dulles is a better option.  Appreciate the insight!

I've never done Gravelly but the annex has a tower you can go in and view takeoffs and landings from Dulles. You won't be underneath the planes like at Gravelly, but it's a pretty great spot and that museum is so, so good. 

• Like 1

If the Farmer's Almanac had to rely on its batting average, it would have been designated for assignment about fifty fn years ago. 

Having said that, I believe it is probably about to crush the middle-middle offering an incoming La Niña should provide. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sauss06 said:

so we will have a banner winter. id better go get firewood

You could probably harvest from the sequoia rod Blizzard wood be sporting if the Direct Weather forecast of a quadrillion feet of snow for the entire planet even came close to verifying.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

Will fix that for you....KDUJ could not manage to get below the upper 50's last night. 

Oh no, it's oh so cold! I guess climate change really is a hoax!

image.png.38a78da7957e06d44cb74d4946e540fc.png

image.png.bca3b51119c34c0fad57f9673e82d3c1.png

Wake me up when most of southwest Pennsylvania is at or below freezing... Even the heat island at the PIT airport is in the 30s, and outlying areas have mean monthly lows in the 40s. Because this is what actual cold weather in August looks like. It looks like 1982.

20 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Oh no, it's oh so cold! I guess climate change really is a hoax!

image.png.38a78da7957e06d44cb74d4946e540fc.png

image.png.bca3b51119c34c0fad57f9673e82d3c1.png

Wake me up when most of southwest Pennsylvania is at or below freezing... Even the heat island at the PIT airport is in the 30s, and outlying areas have mean monthly lows in the 40s. Because this is what actual cold weather in August looks like. It looks like 1982.

It is a big hoax to me!

• Like 1

I have continued to keep an eye on Northern Lights. Things are getting active. People here have posted a few recent pictures from PA even though NOAA didn't predict sightings this far south. Here is what they predict next two nights which show us missing out. Don't ask me what to think or who to believe. We can just do best we can, I guess:

image.thumb.png.154e0ff91d1c8fc31c0592ef351a3377.png

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-viewline-tonight-and-tomorrow-night-experimental

image.thumb.png.18ece9182ad5759837f285fe5e467e2b.png

• Like 1

CBS Philadelphia's meteorologist Tammy Souza said this morning:

"conditions could be favorable again to see the northern lights late Monday night into early Tuesday, sometime between 11 p.m. and 2 a.m.

"I think we'll be favorable several more times as we go into the summer and into the fall," Tammie says, "so keep your eye to the sky!

https://www.cbsnews.com/philadelphia/news/northern-lights-southeastern-pennsylvania-photos/

You could probably harvest from the sequoia rod Blizzard wood be sporting if the Direct Weather forecast of a quadrillion feet of snow for the entire planet even came close to verifying.
Snowball death part duex. 400 million years in the making

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

A dewy 54 degrees this AM.  Grass people debate whether dew helps maintain moisture in the soil, but I guess it cannot hurt.   Much of it does dry on the blade. 

Nearing mid-Month, MDT stands just .7 AN with the mean temp for the month down to 77.1 placing it as a somewhat pedestrian (especially recently times) 35th warmest Aug through the 12th.  

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

A dewy 54 degrees this AM.  Grass people debate whether dew helps maintain moisture in the soil, but I guess it cannot hurt.   Much of it does dry on the blade. 

Nearing mid-Month, MDT stands just .7 AN with the mean temp for the month down to 77.1 placing it as a somewhat pedestrian (especially recently times) 35th warmest Aug through the 12th.  

54 here as well.

• Like 1