• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

River life.  It was nothing until it got there. 

It really blew up approaching the river. Another decent but much weaker cell moving in now. 

I really hope I get missed tomorrow so others can benefit. 

The cats were terrified. They flew under beds once the lightning ramped up. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

The second half of the first half of Aug (yea that makes sense!)  continue to look like one where we may see posts "We are going to be paying for this in Sept."

8/8 through 8/15. :)   

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

Less that 30 days to met Fall. We, me, will be talking Halloween snow soon! :D

I'm about as excited as I am when I see Craig Kimbrel entering a game. 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Mount Joy Mayhem. 

And yet the Mount Joy Snowman himself got a grand total of 0.0" yesterday and less than two tenths from today's line.  To be fair, I don't live as close to The Joy as I used to and in fact now have a Lancaster address, but I'll be damned if I'm changing my screen name ha.  Really, the entire reason for this post was just so I could refer to myself in third person haha.  Carry on.

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

And yet the Mount Joy Snowman himself got a grand total of 0.0" yesterday and less than two tenths from today's line.  To be fair, I don't live as close to The Joy as I used to and in fact now have a Lancaster address, but I'll be damned if I'm changing my screen name ha.  Really, the entire reason for this post was just so I could refer to myself in third person haha.  Carry on.

LOL, Yea I have learned I do not know where any of you are, but Mount Joy proper did get some good rain.   But this reminds me of the Jimmy episode from Seinfeld.  Anyway, welcome to the team.  JNS, myself, and Anotherman amongst others are here to share our woes.  LOL  

• Haha 1

Yesterday's 90F reading at Bradford Regional Airport was the sixth so far this year, leaving 2024 just 2 shy of the calendar year record set in 1988. Still 152 days to tack on some more. 3 of the last 5 years have reached 90F at least once, which might not sound too impressive. But historically, the vast majority of years have not had any days at or above 90F.

image.png.227d0a3cba57e285e2aa82481981396a.png

3 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

Yesterday's 90F reading at Bradford Regional Airport was the sixth so far this year, leaving 2024 just 2 shy of the calendar year record set in 1988. Still 152 days to tack on some more. 3 of the last 5 years have reached 90F at least once, which might not sound too impressive. But historically, the vast majority of years have not had any days at or above 90F.

I did not reach 90 yesterday on the southern most point in PA so that helps average this out a bit. 

The folks at NCEP/CPC are hitting refresh every 5 min checking the MDT temps.    They never got their extreme heat but no heat wave at all would hurt. 
I see their heat forecasts finally caught up with their precipitation forecasts

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF LIGHTERS ARE DEAD! MILLIONS MORE HAVE TENTH DEGREE MELT AND MAY NOT SURVIVE REMOLDING. THE TEN PEOPLE IN BRADFORD HAD TO RETREAT INTO THE SENECA RESERVATIONS OF THE NEW YORK FIRST NATIONS IN RETREAT WHERE THEY WERE SCALPED FOR BEING THE WHITE DEVIL. FIVE PEOPLE SURVIVED BY ESCAPING TO ELLICOTTVILLE BEFORE BEING SNIFFED OUT AS THE POOR AND HAD TO RUN FURTHER INTO THE SOUTHTOWNS WHERE THE SUN SIMPLY CANNOT SHINE. 

REPORTS OUT OF DU BOIS ARE FEW AND FAR BETWEEN BUT THE FEW WE HAVE GOTTEN HINT TO AN UNSPEAKABLE TRAGEDY AND EVERYONE IS DEAD. MEANWHILE 45 MINUTES DOWN THE ROAD, PUNXSUTAWNEY PHIL HAS BEEN ROASTED. 

MORE AT ELEVEN.

• Haha 2