• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

26 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yep.  LOL.  Same as heading to the Jersey Shore as a gateway to the mountains. 

Love getting off I95 and crossing the Indian and Banana Rivers heading into the Port area. One of my favorite drives full of anticipation of the vacation ahead of me. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I once saw a place that did 90 min ipa pitchers for $15. Glorious bastards they were

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Call me surprised! The "Kingdom For Kids" with a little adult pizazz! 

Up until a few years ago they did not sell beer to the general audience at UF basketball and football games 

Up until a few years ago they did not sell beer to the general audience at UF basketball and football games 
That's why one would get right on the edge of memory loss at tailgate

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Friend of mine here at work did a Florida football weekend last fall - he went to the Swamp on Saturday, Jacksonville on Sunday and then Tampa for a Monday night game. Highlight in a runaway was the Swamp...and this is where I need to censor my own comments here...but there was a lot of "sightseeing" amidst a whole lot red solo cups...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Friend of mine here at work did a Florida football weekend last fall - he went to the Swamp on Saturday, Jacksonville on Sunday and then Tampa for a Monday night game. Highlight in a runaway was the Swamp...and this is where I need to censor my own comments here...but there was a lot of "sightseeing" amidst a whole lot red solo cups...

It is a drunk fest now but as short as 10 years ago you had to sneak it in.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

It is a drunk fest now but as short as 10 years ago you had to sneak it in.  

I think what he was describing to me was taking place hours before the game outside the stadium. Not unlike many other venues except that in the Florida heat...some of the students were dressed in a bit less clothing than up north here. :) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I think what he was describing to me was taking place hours before the game outside the stadium. Not unlike many other venues except that in the Florida heat...some of the students were dressed in a bit less clothing than up north here. :) 

Yea, that gets to be everyday fare down there.  If you send your daughter to UF she is probably going to be showing off like that. 

• Like 1

I think what he was describing to me was taking place hours before the game outside the stadium. Not unlike many other venues except that in the Florida heat...some of the students were dressed in a bit less clothing than up north here.  
I went to an FSU game early 2000's. I was jealous compared to Penn State

• Like 1

Yea, that gets to be everyday fare down there.  If you send your daughter to UF she is probably going to be showing off like that. 
My daughter will enjoy the northern territory

• Haha 1

I can't help but applaud the spirit and humor of this graphic @phillywx put up on Twitter. Still people had better try to resist all this temptation. New heat wave coming next week isn't going to hit 98 in Williamsport like last one did but will be lengthy. If we include the five days of 89, weather.com has us getting a 10 day heat wave from July 28-August 6. August 6 is last day of 14 day forecast period so who knows when it will end? I hope the Little League players and visitors can have mostly low and mid 80s while they are here August 14-25. That seems very unrealistic though.

image.png.91c7b2eb5c2fda81af811e3ec2d0e545.png

https://x.com/phillywx/status/1815882218876854317

• Like 1

I can't help but applaud the spirit and humor of this graphic @phillywx put up on Twitter. Still people had better try to resist all this temptation. New heat wave coming next week isn't going to hit 98 in Williamsport like last one did but will be lengthy. If we include the five days of 89, weather.com has us getting a 10 day heat wave from July 28-August 6. August 6 is last day of 14 day forecast period so who knows when it will end? I hope the Little League players and visitors can have mostly low and mid 80s while they are here August 14-25. That seems very unrealistic though.
image.png.91c7b2eb5c2fda81af811e3ec2d0e545.png
https://x.com/phillywx/status/1815882218876854317
12 pack of miller lite or of perpetual IPA? We also need a bourbon conversion

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I am just dismayed that 89 is now a heat wave.    Is anything above Normal now a heat wave?    MDT bagged an 88 today which is one AN.  Call out the news! 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Maybe we need to work on creating our own Americanwx scale or maybe individuals have ideas for their own charts. I am sure we have lots of good ideas here to toss around.

Based on earlier heatwaves this year my own scale wouldn't be booze but how many times I woke up while I was asleep. There is no way I am keeping track of those depressing stats though, especially on the worst days. I will have to think of something positive to do. I am coming to end of watching all 15 seasons of ER which I started around Thanksgiving. I need a new default choice when I don't want to think about what to watch.

9 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I am just dismayed that 89 is now a heat wave.    Is anything above Normal now a heat wave?    MDT bagged an 88 today which is one AN.  Call out the news! 

That was just me including 89 in heatwave since I won't be able to tell the difference and some of the days may hit 90 after all. Of course a few may end up below 89 too. It is a long stretch either way.

But not to worry, nothing official has changed. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

WNEP's weather guy last night had hot in the forecast graphic for a high of 85 degrees.

6 hours ago, Voyager said:

WNEP's weather guy last night had hot in the forecast graphic for a high of 85 degrees.

6 hours ago, canderson said:

No lies spoken there! 

On this date in 1888, the very first month MDT has record of temps, it reached 85.  Ironic.  The next day it reached 88.  Not sure how everyone survived that one.  LOL

A rainy Wed morning for some.   Light rain and 67 here. 

image.png.b1264af08ee99c7b3d33bb9c52f6369c.png

• Haha 1