• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

One (good) thing I've been noticing from CTP - it seems like when summertime cold fronts are forecast to come through, the long range temp forecasts usually end up way too low. Meaning, a forecast high 5 days out of 79 ends up being an actual high of 86. CTP has been lowering the forecast temps after the passing of the cold front coming through on Thursday. Back on Sunday, they had me at 86/67 for Friday/Friday night, yesterday they had me at 85/64 for Friday/Friday night, and now this morning my forecast is 83/62. 

I like seeing temps going down as the time gets closer. Even if it's not much...it's better than getting excited for upper 70s when it ends up in the mid 80s. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

ABC27 says you might be hung out to dry the rest of the week.

I'd like at least a little refresher with the front on Thursday with what looks like a spell of dry weather coming up at the end of the week into next week. But I'm incredibly thankful for what's happened here over the past week. Everything is greening up and best of all...lawn mowers are humming again. 

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I'd like at least a little refresher with the front on Thursday with what looks like a spell of dry weather coming up at the end of the week into next week. But I'm incredibly thankful for what's happened here over the past week. Everything is greening up and best of all...lawn mowers are humming again. 

Being your mower  was sitting and not being used for an extended period of time. Are you gonna have to do bodywork on the mower, before you use it again to fix those gaping rusted out sections?

th?id=OPHS.6xNqnswBmt%2fzYw474C474&o=5&pid=21.1&w=160&h=105

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Being your mower Are you gonna have to do bodywork on the mower, before you use it again to fix those gaping rusted out sections?

th?id=OPHS.6xNqnswBmt%2fzYw474C474&o=5&pid=21.1&w=160&h=105

See, I was afraid that this would happen -  that's why once it stopped raining back in June, I'd take my mower on a test drive back and forth down the ITT runway. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mahantango#1 said:

Was the famous Tamaqua split in effect yet again? Did Bubbler cancel his water delivery, being he got rain?

I don't know about the Tamaqua Split, but the heavy rain I did encounter yesterday was mostly while I was in the truck enroute to my deliveries and pick ups which was nice. 

And no, I've not been to Bubbler's abode yet...lol

• Haha 1

Some beneficial rains overnight across all of Chester County amounts ranged between 0.23" at Nottingham to as much as 0.84" over in Atglen. Today should be drier and maybe even some sun breaks. Rain chances increase again tonight through Thursday before we dry out for what looks like a great weekend!
Daily records for today: High 104 degrees at West Chester (2011) / Low 47 degrees in Phoenixville (1947) / Rain 4.93" at Phoenixville (1927)
image.png.5874c6c4a9ad5287cd54703c42a5b3f3.png

57 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

One (good) thing I've been noticing from CTP - it seems like when summertime cold fronts are forecast to come through, the long range temp forecasts usually end up way too low. Meaning, a forecast high 5 days out of 79 ends up being an actual high of 86. CTP has been lowering the forecast temps after the passing of the cold front coming through on Thursday. Back on Sunday, they had me at 86/67 for Friday/Friday night, yesterday they had me at 85/64 for Friday/Friday night, and now this morning my forecast is 83/62. 

I like seeing temps going down as the time gets closer. Even if it's not much...it's better than getting excited for upper 70s when it ends up in the mid 80s. 

By the time that cold front is done with us. MDT will probably have their mean well below 80.   July 2020 is not going to be challenged. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

The rain broke the HGR gauge.  There .44 total reported is way off.    The 5 min readings did not report any of the rain during the deluge. 

About how much did they get?

Elliott said yesterday morning that somewhere in northern MD or southern PA was going to get 4" of rain by this morning. 

The rain broke the HGR gauge.  There .44 total reported is way off.    The 5 min readings did not report any of the rain during the deluge. 
image.thumb.png.4dfe8904b6de8e6c46236b491181398e.png

Well that was my month to date

But if the rain broke the gauge their how do they record this

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

About how much did they get?

Elliott said yesterday morning that somewhere in northern MD or southern PA was going to get 4" of rain by this morning. 

6 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Well that was my month to date

But if the rain broke the gauge their how do they record this

I would guess around 3" but not sure how they will fix the issue.   Areas just to their south got 4-5". 

• Thanks 1

I would guess around 3" but not sure how they will fix the issue.   Areas just to their south got 4-5". 
I hope they have a backup for daily purposes or their yearly precipitation total has to be thrown out this year

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

I hope they have a backup for daily purposes or their yearly precipitation total has to be thrown out this year

Yep, better get Blizz on this.  But they reported .44 " of rain after reporting heavy rain from 8-9:30.