• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Seeing a lot of local forecasts that some areas today and tonight will pick up 3-4" of rain - you're at the top of the leaderboard heading into the 2nd round of play. 

That 3-4 in of rain might not be a good thing if it comes in a short period of time.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Nice to see some early winners so far today. Hope even more join the fun as the day goes on. 

Agreed. No winning over here though. Things split around me yet again in an almost unimaginable way. A couple miles over the hill everything was soaked when I picked my son up from summer school. Over here, another rounded-up .01” ha. 

• Sad 1

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

That is more than some have had for close to 3 months. 

Yes I guess i was lucky. My son lives about 3 miles as the crow flies from me and he only got .08 from the storm today. The grass was at the point where I probably wouldn't mow this week, but got that .94 this afternoon so it's game on for mowing at the end of this week. 

• Like 1

The bad joke continues. This seemed like by far the best day to get decent totals but the radar was pure fools gold. I'm at 0.16" even though I've had stuff failing for 6 hours and now will be absolutely shocked if I clear 0.50" for the weak

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Just looked at radar, and it appears I'm living on borrowed time. I've had a few showers while driving, but so far I've stayed rain-free at my load and unload locations. That stroke of luck looks like it's soon coming to an end.

High of 79 today for the 5th day 80 and under this month.  Impressive.  Those are highs 7-14 BN.   I realize it is not that ways in the LSV.

Easterlies gusting to 35-40 here.  

Are you on an east facing slope?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't disagree with you that it matters. It is this area's official recording station.

I strongly disagree with passive-aggressive comments that are made directly in response to someone talking about conditions in their yard about a serious lack of rainfall by essentially saying "MDT is above normal...what kind of fools are you to talk about some sort of phantom drought." In that situation, it absolutely DOESN'T matter what is happening at MDT. Each of us have our own realities when it comes to the weather.

I grew up in a house of Phillies fans. (sigh) Summer nights were filled with Harry Kalas and Richie Ashburn on either the radio or TV. Do you know how many times Harry would say "Whitey...it's pouring at the airport" while there was nothing happening at the Vet. Whitey's response was "Harry...we're not playing at the airport." Shockingly, the Phillies continued to play on! They never once stopped the game because it was raining at PHL - that was completely, 100% irrelevant to what was happening on South Broad Street. 

The airport measurements matter...but they also don't matter at all. 

I know that there are people who agree with you on this. I respect that. I personally will find zero satisfaction in MDT getting 38" of snow this upcoming winter if I get 15". To me, and my own life...it'll be a shitty winter. Because that is my reality. 

I didn’t mean to ruffle any feathers.

I just wanted to document that MDT & Williamsport are above normal for rain for the calendar year to date.

Those Phillies announcers were legendary. I learned a lot about baseball from those guys. They were fantastic story tellers & they made the games interesting, even during all of the bad seasons.

As for your Winter comment, I would rather MDT score more snow in order to pad the official stats. If I get a little less, that’s fine because it might make my snow removal at home a little easier. If there was a massive difference, then I am sure that I’d be on here crying about it, Lol!