Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

12 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Since 6/1 Hagerstown has 2nd driest on record while Harrisburg is 19th

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I believe it. I was in both Franklin (neighboring Warshington county in MD) and Dauphin counties this past weekend. They're not even comparable. 

• Like 1

Quite a bit of rain fell across much of NW Chester and Southern Berks counties this AM. Amounts ranged from as little as almost nothing in Southern Chesco to almost 2 inches in Berks county. Some area amounts East Nantmeal 0.88" / Warwick Twp. 1.19" Chester Springs 0.62" to 1.67" at Spring City.
Showers and storms are possible through much of the upcoming work week before clearly out Thursday night. Hopefully everyone sees some rain. Temperatures with the clouds and rain will be near normal (avg. is low to mid 80's) for highs and above normal for lows (avg. is mid 60's)
Daily records for today: High 105 degrees at Phoenixville (1930) / Low 47 degrees at Phoenixville (1944) / Rain 3.26" at West Grove (2018)
image.png.075169aa8d912958fb0299b691a12da9.png
  • Like 1

The Pennsylvania Lottery Continues:

@MUweather

1/2 A vigorous disturbance tracking northeastward through the mid-Atlantic States will trigger widespread showers and heavy, drenching thunderstorms across northern MD, southeastern PA and the Lower Susquehanna Valley this afternoon into tonight..

2/2 Due to extensive cloud cover, severe weather is not anticipated. However, localized flash flooding of low-lying, poor-drainage, and urbans areas will be a concern. Rainfall amounts will average 0.50-1.00" or less, but up to 3" may fall in the hardest-hit locations.

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

The Pennsylvania Lottery Continues:

@MUweather

1/2 A vigorous disturbance tracking northeastward through the mid-Atlantic States will trigger widespread showers and heavy, drenching thunderstorms across northern MD, southeastern PA and the Lower Susquehanna Valley this afternoon into tonight..

2/2 Due to extensive cloud cover, severe weather is not anticipated. However, localized flash flooding of low-lying, poor-drainage, and urbans areas will be a concern. Rainfall amounts will average 0.50-1.00" or less, but up to 3" may fall in the hardest-hit locations.

Keep on Scratchin'.  

24 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I believe it. I was in both Franklin (neighboring Warshington county in MD) and Dauphin counties this past weekend. They're not even comparable. 

I am living vicariously through Dauphin County's greens. 

1 minute ago, Bubbler86 said:

Keep on Scratchin'.  

I am living vicariously through Dauphin County's greens. 

I mentioned last week about being humbled - I sincerely meant it. And I'm reminded of it every time I leave home and travel to work. To get nearly an inch and a quarter of rain while areas just 2 miles from me had less than a tenth of an inch...I feel so bad for you and so many others who need rain so desperately. My yard has recovered. It went from 100% tinder to looking almost like it does during a typical April/May in a matter of days. Shoot, last night I was 2 miles away from getting another 1". 

Your words are fitting..."living vicariously" through someone else's good fortunes. It's why I maintain that if any one particular's home doesn't receive something that someone else does...how much does it really help the person who is on the outside looking in?

Hopefully today brings copious rainfall to areas that ARE IN A FREAKING DROUGHT...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, canderson said:

I'll try to take a picture of empty Lake Travis this weekend so you all get to see what a prolonged drought will do to our own reservoirs. 

After the fairly wet later winter and spring, this drought is definitely stream flow and top-level vegetation based right now.  Stream flow is quite bad though.

image.png.4994fe68513e3c8e126f909479dc80b8.png

8 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

After the fairly wet later winter and spring, this drought is definitely stream flow and top-level vegetation based right now.  Stream flow is quite bad though.

image.png.4994fe68513e3c8e126f909479dc80b8.png

The Juniata is a month away from just being another nature trail in quite a few spots. 

The West Branch Susky in Curwensville is all but gone.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, canderson said:

Who needs water anyway?

Right. I'm at Lake Tobias this past Saturday and we went down the safari ride to the little woods and the tour guide mentioned how they had a 1,000 gallon water truck that could come down and replenish the drinking water for the creatures. As he said that, we drove past what was about two solid pisses' worth of fluid. Apparently their philosophy is "fuck them animals," because the truck was still hanging out with the other trucks. 

• Sad 2

PM EDT Mon Jul 22 2024

PAZ052-057-221745-
Northumberland PA-Dauphin PA-
122 PM EDT Mon Jul 22 2024

...A STRONG THUNDERSTORM WILL IMPACT SOUTHWESTERN NORTHUMBERLAND AND
NORTH CENTRAL DAUPHIN COUNTIES THROUGH 145 PM EDT...

At 122 PM EDT, Doppler radar was tracking a strong thunderstorm near
Selinsgrove, moving northeast at 20 mph.

HAZARD...Wind gusts up to 50 mph and pea size hail.

SOURCE...Radar indicated.

IMPACT...Gusty winds could knock down tree limbs and blow around
         unsecured objects. Minor hail damage to vegetation is
         possible.

Locations impacted include...
Sunbury, Shamokin, Northumberland, Fairview-Ferndale, Trevorton, Port
Trevorton, Klingerstown, Rebuck, Leck Kill, Urban, Stonington,
Edgewood, Gratz, Dalmatia, Berrysburg, Snydertown, Herndon, Pillow,
and Seven Points.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

If outdoors, consider seeking shelter inside a building.

&&

LAT...LON 4082 7653 4068 7664 4066 7670 4063 7666
      4056 7675 4063 7690 4068 7689 4072 7686
      4077 7686 4083 7683 4086 7680 4091 7679
TIME...MOT...LOC 1722Z 204DEG 15KT 4065 7681

MAX HAIL SIZE...0.25 IN
MAX WIND GUST...50 MPH

7 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Had a perfectly positioned very small shower to bag .03.   This is the same a posting about mulch caves in the winter., 

...at least what you've gotten will help lay down a base for the future rains to accumulate better. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Picked up .91 from that thunderstorm. Rain rate was 3.38 in hr. At one point during the storm.

Seeing a lot of local forecasts that some areas today and tonight will pick up 3-4" of rain - you're at the top of the leaderboard heading into the 2nd round of play.