• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

2 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I was picking my kid up from Jesus Camp. I spent the last hour or two of my time in the area going door-to-door making sure people weren't watering their yards. 

Taking the kids to Lake Tobias today. Going to give them a real experience of watching a lion eat me. 

So you'll be up in my neck of the woods today.

12 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I was picking my kid up from Jesus Camp. I spent the last hour or two of my time in the area going door-to-door making sure people weren't watering their yards. 

Taking the kids to Lake Tobias today. Going to give them a real experience of watching a lion eat me. 

Might need a night vision scope to catch me. 

CTP has temps near normal with a good chance of showers each day this coming week for the Harrisburg area.

Monday
A slight chance of showers before 11am, then a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms between 11am and 2pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 87. Calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. 
Monday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 8pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 70. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible. 
Tuesday
A chance of showers, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 87. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
Tuesday Night
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before 2am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 71. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Wednesday
A chance of showers, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2pm. High near 87. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Wednesday Night
Showers and possibly a thunderstorm before 8pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 8pm and 2am. Low around 71. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
Thursday
Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 86. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Thursday Night
Showers and thunderstorms likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 69. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly sunny, with a high near 89. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

11 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 67.  Currently 71/66 under cloudy skies.  I’m alone with the toddlers for the next five days.  For the second time this week, I ask that you pray for me ha. 

You need about a 20 year old babysitter to help you this upcoming week  :lol:

low of 59 this morning 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

I need to mow in patchy areas of my yard today.

Would that be able to count toward my seasonal tally for our contest?

I actually mowed yesterday for the first time in ages. Damn nut grass gets like a foot high. I did probably 75% of the yard and of that only a fraction actually needed it, just easier to go over it all and get the random summer weeds too. Things are dire ha. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I actually mowed yesterday for the first time in ages. Damn nut grass gets like a foot high. I did probably 75% of the yard and of that only a fraction actually needed it, just easier to go over it all and get the random summer weeds too. Things are dire ha. 

The way I figure, if it is lower than 3", going over it is not going to hurt it anyway.   Makes it easier not to lose track of where one how mowed already.     I wonder if we will ever have a mid to late summer mow of thick grass this year.  Maybe not.   I actually have not had one since 2018. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Low of 67.  Currently 71/66 under cloudy skies.  I’m alone with the toddlers for the next five days.  For the second time this week, I ask that you pray for me ha. 

Time to find some extended family...fast.

If they aren't around, make new ones or something. :)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

Despite the latest annual unprecedented historic drought, MDT somehow is clinging to over a 1 inch SURPLUS of rain for the year to date…

IMG_6460.jpeg

My nearly double digit rainfall deficit and tinder box grass is so relieved to here this great news!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has anyone found the temperature records around here for 1432, 586 or 987 BC ?

Yes as long as it’s only top 5 in the modern record and not unprecedented on geologic time scales, it feels great! Having this run of disproportionately warm months coincide with my short lifetime on earth is neat! Anytime I’m camping in recent years and find myself tossing and turning I just say, “don’t you remember the low temps of the Paleocene, you clown?! Suck it up!”

• Haha 3

Yesterday was on average our warmest day of the year and we were around 6 degrees cooler than normal for July 19th. Today looks to be our 3rd consecutive below normal temp day across most of Chesco. More clouds than sun today but sunny and hotter tomorrow with temps back in the upper 80's. By Tuesday we start to see some pretty unsettled weather with off and on storm chances through the remainder of the upcoming work week.
Chester County records for today: High 104 degrees at Phoenixville (1930) / Low 48 degrees at Coatesville (1965) / Rain 3.83" at Coatesville (1981)
image.png.505dd1a5af9d3a2ed1f2b53b8ee1be51.png

22 minutes ago, Blizzard of 93 said:

This drought is so bad that the other official CTP reporting site in Williamsport has an over 4 inch SURPLUS of rain this year to date…

IMG_6462.jpeg

I think Bubbler has stated before, but the 14/19 Saturday rains from January through May are what is keeping the entire Commonwealth from being D3.

• Like 2

I'm telling you, yesterday I drove through parts of Clearfield, Centre (was in State College in the afternoon), Blair, Huntingdon, Fulton, and Franklin counties and the further SE I went, the browner it got. And I'm pretty goddamned brown and crunchy up here. It's bad. 

The winter rains on Sadderday have us spared currently from burn bans and water restrictions. But that's coming.

• Like 1

I saw an idiot almost die due to an elk there. Guy had it coming

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk