Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

12 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

What's the GPS again?

Maybe the GFS is taking into account the idom wet follows wet

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

CMC.  

It is 78 here at 2:25.  Did someone leave their door open with the AC  on? 

The only idiom here is me for planting more grass. 

CMC.  

It is 78 here at 2:25.  Did someone leave their door open with the AC  on? 
I think you need to diversify your yard away from grass. For your sanity due to the reality the farmers shared with you

13 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I think you need to diversify your yard away from grass. For your sanity due to the reality the farmers shared with you

It is too big to do much else with it.  It is grass or let it die vs. Clovers or rocks. 

8 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Shrubs? Vines? Small trees?

It is too big for that stuff in my opinion.  Needs some kind of ground cover.  Insurance paid to rip out and reseed once, and I am trying to keep some of that alive.  I have been fairly quiet about it this year compared to the past.  Two or Three years ago (I think) the drought was WV. Western MD and only a small area of PA near me while a lot of you guys where swimming in rain on and off...I had trouble being so composed then.   Plus, this is NOTHING compared to that.  1"-2" in about 90 days.   At one point we had a 15" deficit for the year (as did HGR....12-15). 

I'm also weird in while not being a huge fan of the state I believe they should be able to set water rates for different uses with draconian appellies for cheating the system. Frankly I don't believe grass should be grown at all in most of the Southwest or California and if it is the money raised from it should be able to pretty much fund the rest of the government. I mean I guess I don't have a problem with some ridiculously rich person wants to pay 10 million dollars a year to grow grass on this one acre lot but at least make it worthwhile for everybody else

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I'm also weird in while not being a huge fan of the state I believe they should be able to set water rates for different uses with draconian appellies for cheating the system. Frankly I don't believe grass should be grown at all in most of the Southwest or California and if it is the money raised from it should be able to pretty much fund the rest of the government. I mean I guess I don't have a problem with some ridiculously rich person wants to pay 10 million dollars a year to grow grass on this one acre lot but at least make it worthwhile for everybody else

I think it may be against the rule to water grass in some areas. 

I think it may be against the rule to water grass in some areas. 
Truthfully out there nothing makes a difference compared to The agriculture sector that just a few families own most of. They use far more water than human consumption does. The trade-off is a lot higher prices at the grocery store for a lot of items though.

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Truthfully out there nothing makes a difference compared to The agriculture sector that just a few families own most of. They use far more water than human consumption does. The trade-off is a lot higher prices at the grocery store for a lot of items though.

If you go to Delaware/Southern MD you will see those giant football field sized irrigators that straddle the fields.  Not sure if they just do water or do water and some kind of plant food/fertilizer/pest deterrent. 

10 minutes ago, canderson said:

If I were in charge I'd ban lawns over say 250 sq ft. Seriously.

They should be natural habitats - you can mow and keep natural vegetation tidy. 

That is sustainable in a city environ but hard to ask people with 1-2 acres to just "let it go".   In Florida, maintaining a lawn is a requirement of many gated and HOA based communities. The water bill is sometimes 200-300/MO

11 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

That is sustainable in a city environ but hard to ask people with 1-2 acres to just "let it go".   In Florida, maintaining a lawn is a requirement of many gated and HOA based communities. The water bill is sometimes 200-300/MO

I grew up on 5 or so acres and our lawn was pretty small - big enough for a puppy and a gazebo. The rest was woods or closer to the house natural vegetation we brushed hogged a few times a year if needed.  YMMV

4 minutes ago, canderson said:

I grew up on 5 or so acres and our lawn was pretty small - big enough for a puppy and a gazebo. The rest was woods or closer to the house natural vegetation we brushed hogged a few times a year if needed.  YMMV

Sure, if you had a lot of trees but most people do not on 1-2 acres.   I mean anyone can do anything but to me it is hard to ask someone to just let their 1-2 no tree acres yard grow what it wants.    Understand your opinion though. 

image.jpeg.2c9b288ba5da9557e7344ffca93a95df.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Sure, if you had a lot of trees but most people do not on 1-2 acres.   I mean anyone can do anything but to me it is hard to ask someone to just let their 1-2 no tree acres yard grow what it wants.    Understand your opinion though. 

image.jpeg.2c9b288ba5da9557e7344ffca93a95df.jpeg

Very nicely mowed yard! This guy approves. :)  

California! 
I'd rather they do this than waste water out west where water is needed for the basics. I'd also rather go without almonds and a lot of nuts that are super water intensive. If people want them they can pay a super high premium for them

• Like 1