• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

6 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

This has to be so mind numbing for you. It's like watching a rerun every single day

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

For much of the 5 years I have lived in this house.    I never thought to ask the farmers and yard people about the area but now that I know them all, they say it is very often drought in the summer and this extends back decades. 

5 minutes ago, canderson said:

The Lancaster County and east jackpot as expected continues today.  

Still a lot of activity/energy to roll through later - line starting to form that could threaten most of the area in the next few hours...

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=CCX-N0B-1-24-100-usa-rad

Our window of opportunity wasn't even supposed to really start until about this time and last into the late evening hours. 

For much of the 5 years I have lived in this house.    I never thought to ask the farmers and yard people about the area but now that I know them all, they say it is very often drought in the summer and this extends back decades. 
Here is Harrisburg vs Hagerstown for May through September 1999-current

The mean differences over 5 in and 30%Screenshot_20240717-140321_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240717-140419_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Still a lot of activity/energy to roll through later - line starting to form that could threaten most of the area in the next few hours...

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/nexrad/?parms=CCX-N0B-1-24-100-usa-rad

Our window of opportunity wasn't even supposed to really start until about this time and last into the late evening hours. 

JNS already told us about this!  Sheesh!

9 minutes ago, canderson said:

The Lancaster County and east jackpot as expected continues today.  

And somehow nearly all of it missed my place.  I'm in Harrisburg but looks like only a couple hundredths fell.  HRRR still likes activity later this evening so hold tight friend. 

And somehow nearly all of it missed my place.  I'm in Harrisburg but looks like only a couple hundredths fell.  HRRR still likes activity later this evening so hold tight friend. 
Stop in. I'll buy you a drink to wash our rain woes away

• Like 1

It's funny. Wunderground starts each day rain is forecast with predicting I get anywhere from 0.25" to 0.75". Without fail by 2 pm it will be below 0.15". This is now the 10th straight time it has happened. In 7 I got nothing. The other two I got like 0.05". Today it's down to 0.10" and falling each hour

16 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Yea, we are dry down here...I keep thinking it is the valley we are in/that I am slightly above. 

Having grown up close to what I'll call the Cumberland valley, I feel like there is an area from Bedford extending northeast towards say Reedsville in Mifflin county and extending south and east towards Chambersburg, Hagerstown, and around there where it's just dry. I used to watch thunderstorms in the summer form around Bedford and split either heading northwest towards Huntingdon or southeast towards their eventual death in Willow Hill. I don't remember a lot of non-tropical system rain during my growth there.

7 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

Having grown up close to what I'll call the Cumberland valley, I feel like there is an area from Bedford extending northeast towards say Reedsville in Mifflin county and extending south and east towards Chambersburg, Hagerstown, and around there where it's just dry. I used to watch thunderstorms in the summer form around Bedford and split either heading northwest towards Huntingdon or southeast towards their eventual death in Willow Hill. I don't remember a lot of non-tropical system rain during my growth there.

Yea, the storms dissipate on approach and reform once East of here/paste the final mountain chain.   Systems that are not convection based are not an issue.