• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

22 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

There definitely is a longer term trend, but it is less drastic than people make it out to be. It's also unclear if and how much it may be related to longer term cycles. People don't handle year to year variability well.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I agree but we had trends back in the 1980s now trends in the 2020s years 

10 minutes ago, paweather said:

I agree but we had trends back in the 1980s now trends in the 2020s years 

Here is a graph of MDT summer days that stayed 74 or below for Max daily temps. Some ups and downs but the trend line is down.  This was created using 10 year moving averages to make the line easier to read and see trends vs bumps.  There was a resurgence of sort from the 70's-90's before it started dropping to its current historical all-time low.   The 10 year moving average is down to 4 now whereas it never got below 7 before 2014. 

image.thumb.png.02ef72532f900fdbc9a65df9f55c9410.png

Here is a graph of MDT summer days that stayed 74 or below for Max daily temps. Some ups and downs but the trend line is down.  This was created using 10 year moving averages to make the line easier to read and see trends vs bumps.  There was a resurgence of sort from the 70's-90's before it started dropping to its current historical all-time low.   The 10 year moving average is down to 4 now whereas it never got below 7 before 2014. 

image.thumb.png.02ef72532f900fdbc9a65df9f55c9410.png

It might just inversely mirror the mean temp rise over the years

6 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

It might just inversely mirror the mean temp rise over the years

We could throw several graphs out, I picked the previous one because of my original comment about 74 in July.  Here is the Mean.  The high points (blue dots) since 1990'ish really drive this one home.   Unprecedented except your favorite year in the 60's. 

image.thumb.png.d3180d843b7fc00c97a61ec079f4f9a3.png

We could throw several graphs out, I picked the previous one because of my original comment about 74 in July.  Here is the Mean.
image.thumb.png.d3180d843b7fc00c97a61ec079f4f9a3.png

So it looks like a pretty good match for inverse trend. As the mean temp has risen the trend for days at or below 74 has fallen at just about same pace

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

So it looks like a pretty good match for inverse trend. As the mean temp has risen the trend for days at or below 74 has fallen at just about same pace

Yep, even down to trend change for a bit from the late 70's to the early 90's.   The high point trend confirms the overall trend.

image.png.a451f786c344541bf6de35fd902b99bc.png

Some light green passed  overhead in radar but no sprinkles in the city. Only thing I see getting us out of this pattern is a major storm to change the atmospheric pattern. Since the Atlantic will be rocket fuel in September I think we’ll get that. 

• Like 1

Yep, even down to trend change for a bit from the late 70's to the early 90's.   The high point trend confirms the overall trend.
image.png.a451f786c344541bf6de35fd902b99bc.png
I think what would be interesting would be downloading the hourly observations for that KMDT time period that I currently have the daily summaries for. Extract just the July observations. Filter out any days that have measurable precipitation for 6 hours between the hours of 6am to 6pm. Then find the max temperature distribution for the remaining days.

• Like 1

According to this...you don't belong on team drought Bubbler (or my team, for that matter)
GSnzy6gWAAAY6MC?format=png&name=medium
I just looked up 1966. From May 1st through July 31st we had 1.86". Through August 31st 3.39".

Also I think @canderson has lowest rain total of anyone since June 1st. I believe it's well below 1"

Just now, Jns2183 said:

I just looked up 1966. From May 1st through July 31st we had 1.86". Through August 31st 3.39".

Also I think @canderson has lowest rain total of anyone since June 1st. I believe it's well below 1"

Incorrect - he had almost double what I've had since June 1st coming into today.