• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Pretty sure it’ll be cooler in Austin when we are there next weekend than here in Harrisburg. Our July is torching Texas … it’s that awful of a month. My parents haven’t hit 98 yet. I have 5 times and tomorrow is likely triple digits. 

Pretty sure it’ll be cooler in Austin when we are there next weekend than here in Harrisburg. Our July is torching Texas … it’s that awful of a month. My parents haven’t hit 98 yet. I have 5 times and tomorrow is likely triple digits. 
I think the big heat ends for awhile after tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 3

And another one.
KBGM_0.gif?refreshed=1721095350344
Haha, quit rubbing it in. We can't even sustain a storm more than 15 min down here, let alone get thunder or lightning. My top 25 wind guests are all from fronts basically. No storms. I wonder how many storm reports south Central Pennsylvania has to date versus normal for the season

ABC-27 is calling for scattered showers and storms. While NWS is calling for a solid line of them producing .25-.50. Will NWS eventually succumb to 27's forecast?

From NWS: 

More specifically with respect to timing of the convection
today, the latest HREF and its members shows the main round of
storms firing up along a line from Near KELZ south to KFIG, KUNV
and KAOO between 17-18Z before solidifying into a likely line
of storms and plowing across the Susq Valley. A second, weaker
MCS near or just to the south of the Mason Dixon line will
support additional TSRA that could linger through the early
evening hours southeast of the I-81 corrido
  • Haha 1

ABC-27 is calling for scattered showers and storms. While NWS is calling for a solid line of them producing .25-.50. Will NWS eventually succumb to 27's forecast?
From NWS: 
More specifically with respect to timing of the convectiontoday, the latest HREF and its members shows the main round ofstorms firing up along a line from Near KELZ south to KFIG, KUNVand KAOO between 17-18Z before solidifying into a likely lineof storms and plowing across the Susq Valley. A second, weakerMCS near or just to the south of the Mason Dixon line willsupport additional TSRA that could linger through the earlyevening hours southeast of the I-81 corrido

So a line from Wellsville to Altoona, then a screw zone until you get to mason Dixon line that's how I'm reading it. Even the most liberal interpretion of it with storms moving ene or ne still leaves a giant screw zone between the two that is going to get someone in South central pa

Here in East Nantmeal we exceeded 90 degrees for just the 2nd time this year (90.5) with the 2nd hottest day of the year behind only the 91.9 on June 22nd. Other area high temps yesterday included Brandwine Airport (95.0) Chester Springs (94.9 ) and Warwick Twp. (94.0). Today will be even hotter with widespread mid to upper 90's. Shower chances increase later today and again tomorrow as a cold front moves through later Wednesday. It will turn much more comfortable by Thursday with temperatures closer to average for what is normally our warmest week of the year.
Chester County Records for today: High 100 degrees at Coatesville (1900) / Low 46 degrees also at Coatesville (1929) / Rain 2.66" at Kennett Square (1911)
image.png.8f357500b906d7525ba1097eea029d1f.png

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

Harrisburg tied its record high yesterday at 99

Our record yesterday was 103 set in 1995. We only hit 95 for the high yesterday.

This week the hummingbirds have started to show up at my feeder. I was beginning to think I wasn’t going to get any this year.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, canderson said:

Harrisburg tied its record high yesterday at 99

I was just going to say that I don't think I saw that mentioned anywhere.  Kind of snuck up on us.  Today's record of 104 is probably out of reach, although the latest HRRR still wants to throw up a 103 at MDT.  It's been pretty consistent with that.  We shall see.  Off to the races. 

I was just going to say that I don't think I saw that mentioned anywhere.  Kind of snuck up on us.  Today's record of 104 is probably out of reach, although the latest HRRR still wants to throw up a 103 at MDT.  It's been pretty consistent with that.  We shall see.  Off to the races. 
Maybe if they hit a 100 it unlocks lightning. It's so weird seeing these storms with a thousand lightning strikes an hour ram through northern pa while we can barely manage to get a storm to not collapse within 20 minutes and produce 5 strikes

• Like 2

90 degrees at 10am. Outside of Arizona, I don't think I've ever recorded an earlier 90 reading at my location.
Screenshot_20240716_100228_Firefox.thumb.jpg.14f397ae4ebd5d78bb7a626ae8033460.jpg
Do you live near a creek, marshland, a swamp, corn fields, any agriculture? Your dew point is always so freaking high

I wasn't going to post this because I wasn't sure what my purpose was in doing so, and I was even more unsure what anyone would or could possibly say...

I'm working nights this week. Last night when I left the office at 11pm I was greeted by wind. Howling winds...trees were swaying, road sign was shaking on the pole, our American flag was straight out. I don't want to exaggerate and I'm not good at guessing wind speeds. All that to say, I know enough to know that the wind was blowing at least 35mph. Easy. Sky was perfectly clear, nearest precip was 150 miles away. The wind lasted approximately 5 minutes.

Why?

11 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Do you live near a creek, marshland, a swamp, corn fields, any agriculture? Your dew point is always so freaking high

Yes. A baseball's throw just west of the Little Schuylkill River which runs right through town.

10 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I wasn't going to post this because I wasn't sure what my purpose was in doing so, and I was even more unsure what anyone would or could possibly say...

I'm working nights this week. Last night when I left the office at 11pm I was greeted by wind. Howling winds...trees were swaying, road sign was shaking on the pole, our American flag was straight out. I don't want to exaggerate and I'm not good at guessing wind speeds. All that to say, I know enough to know that the wind was blowing at least 35mph. Easy. Sky was perfectly clear, nearest precip was 150 miles away. The wind lasted approximately 5 minutes.

Why?

I had strong gusts around 9 or 10 - 33 mph. Last an hour or so 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Why?

Clearly dead spirits. Watch your ass. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pawatch said:

Our record yesterday was 103 set in 1995. We only hit 95 for the high yesterday.

This week the hummingbirds have started to show up at my feeder. I was beginning to think I wasn’t going to get any this year.

We don't have many this year as compared to a few years ago. And they are Voiding the feeder this year. Somethings going g on with them. The last 2 years they were fighting at the feeder, not this year as there are very few of them.

29 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Don’t dewpoints typically run high on PWS?

2 minutes ago, TimB said:

Don’t dewpoints typically run high on PWS?

Yes.  I've been hammering this point recently.  I'm not sure why but I just know that over the years I've always noticed big differences between PWS DPs and the official stations.  Even more so than temp discrepancies.