• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

A quarter inch every 3 days would be fine.
Technically to get to our mean monthly rainfall for each month during the summer we need 0.13" per day or 0.39" every 3 days and 0.91" per week

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

At least if I want a desert climate I only have to go a few miles these days.

@canderson you should do a front yard of different types of cactuses and stones

We’re in Texas in a few weeks. Remind me to post a pic of the front yard. 

What a failure by models vs. 24-48 hours ago.  I say this after many mets dropped the ball leading in to this...models had the win but this failure is so bad....I say no one wins.  Mets used bias to make their bad forecasts and models went too far in trends the last 2 days.    Flood watch for east nantmeal is now a shower watch.  

Mean, schmean. .25 every 3 days and no ninja watering needed.
Just get a beer truck with tap and park furthest point in back yard. Advertise free beer but must drink there. All the degenerates will end up watering your yard for you. Big brain move

• Haha 1

What a failure by models vs. 24-48 hours ago.  I say this after many mets dropped the ball leading in to this...models had the win but this failure is so bad....I say no one wins.  Mets used bias to make their bad forecasts and models went too far in trends the last 2 days.    Flood watch for east nantmeal is now a shower watch.  
Eventually we will get a day they call for passing showers and we end up with 2"-4" forum wide

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, canderson said:

Several forecasts have Harrisburg at 101 Tuesday .  

The Harrisburg Mile is Wednesday and I have been talked into doing it with some of my coworkers, despite the fact that I don’t run. That should go over well. Hopefully they have ambulances along the route ha. 

The Harrisburg Mile is Wednesday and I have been talked into doing it with some of my coworkers, despite the fact that I don’t run. That should go over well. Hopefully they have ambulances along the route ha. 
I wouldn't touch that with a mile long pole. My late 20s when I thought I was invincible I managed to get actual heat stroke and severe dehydration and put myself in the ICU for a couple of days. It took many many months before I felt somewhat normal. It also I swear made me much much more sensitive to heat to this day.

• Sad 2

· 

EXTREME LIFE THREATENING HEAT THIS MONDAY & TUESDAY LIKELY NC VA MD DEL NJ... southeast PA NYC southeast NEW ENGLAND... 100 + in Raleigh Greensboro Richmond Charlottesville Fredericksburg all in Northern Virginia DC Baltimore Southern Maryland. Readings 95 to 100 from Philly to Southeast New England.
The actual heat begins on Sunday as most of this area moves into the 95 to 100° range from Baltimore to SC. Bbut the extreme stuff according to the operational GFS mode -- which is usually has a cool bias to it --- shows max temperatures of 103 in Richmond On Monday and Tuesday and 104 in DC On Tuesday with a few areas in Northern Virginia going above 105°.
I hope to God that these numbers from the operational GFS model are overdone. But they might not be which is why I'm telling you about the potential for extreme heat. Indeed temps over 100° also showing up on the Canadian and the European model in the same areas of the same time frame
May be an image of text

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGE
National Weather Service State College PA
242 AM EDT Sat Jul 13 2024

PAZ036-056-057-059-063>066-132100-
/O.NEW.KCTP.HT.Y.0004.240714T1600Z-240715T1600Z/
/O.NEW.KCTP.EH.A.0001.240715T1600Z-240717T0000Z/
Franklin-Perry-Dauphin-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-
Including the cities of Carlisle, Newport, Chambersburg, Hershey,
York, Lancaster, Gettysburg, Harrisburg, and Lebanon
242 AM EDT Sat Jul 13 2024

...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON SUNDAY TO NOON EDT MONDAY...
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH
TUESDAY EVENING...

* WHAT...For the Heat Advisory, heat index values to 100 expected.
  For the Excessive Heat Watch, dangerously hot conditions with heat
  index values up to 110 possible.

* WHERE...Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon,
  Perry, and York Counties.

* WHEN...For the Heat Advisory, from noon Sunday to noon EDT Monday.
  For the Excessive Heat Watch, from Monday afternoon through
  Tuesday evening.

* IMPACTS...Heat related illnesses increase significantly during
  extreme heat and high humidity events.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

Drink plenty of fluids, stay out of the sun, and stay in an
air-conditioned room.

URGENT - WEATHER MESSAGENational Weather Service State College PA242 AM EDT Sat Jul 13 2024PAZ036-056-057-059-063>066-132100-/O.NEW.KCTP.HT.Y.0004.240714T1600Z-240715T1600Z//O.NEW.KCTP.EH.A.0001.240715T1600Z-240717T0000Z/Franklin-Perry-Dauphin-Lebanon-Cumberland-Adams-York-Lancaster-Including the cities of Carlisle, Newport, Chambersburg, Hershey,York, Lancaster, Gettysburg, Harrisburg, and Lebanon242 AM EDT Sat Jul 13 2024...HEAT ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM NOON SUNDAY TO NOON EDT MONDAY......EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH IN EFFECT FROM MONDAY AFTERNOON THROUGHTUESDAY EVENING...* WHAT...For the Heat Advisory, heat index values to 100 expected. For the Excessive Heat Watch, dangerously hot conditions with heat index values up to 110 possible.* WHERE...Adams, Cumberland, Dauphin, Franklin, Lancaster, Lebanon, Perry, and York Counties.* WHEN...For the Heat Advisory, from noon Sunday to noon EDT Monday. For the Excessive Heat Watch, from Monday afternoon through Tuesday evening.* IMPACTS...Heat related illnesses increase significantly during extreme heat and high humidity events.PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...Drink plenty of fluids, stay out of the sun, and stay in anair-conditioned room.

I hope @Bubbler86 is currently ninja watering his lawn @canderson is currently checking his spacesuit for any holes in preparation for his walk to the car Monday.

• Haha 3

Apparently some slow movers rolled through Berks and Lehigh Counties this overnight morning. Those areas have a flood warning with some locations getting 2-3 inches of rain. Meanwhile, up here on the other side of the Blue Mountain, we remained high and dry.

Just now, Voyager said:

Apparently some slow movers rolled through Berks and Lehigh Counties this overnight morning. Those areas have a flood warning with some locations getting 2-3 inches of rain. Meanwhile, up here on the other side of the Blue Mountain, we remained high and dry.

.01 rain here yesterday afternoon.

7 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

.01 rain here yesterday afternoon.

We had sprinkles here, that didn't even move the needle.

0.00" yesterday and overnight. I'm just glad those heavy rains came after midnight. Both our Reading and Allentown water plants were dead in the crosshairs, but I was done and parked the truck at 11:30pm. I guess the overnight shift drivers got soaked.

We had sprinkles here, that didn't even move the needle.
0.00" yesterday and overnight. I'm just glad those heavy rains came after midnight. Both our Reading and Allentown water plants were dead in the crosshairs, but I was done and parked the truck at 11:30pm. I guess the overnight shift drivers got soaked.
Does that mean the flood watch verified?

Just now, Jns2183 said:

Does that mean the flood watch verified?

I have no idea, as I was home and in bed when it all occurred, but 2.5 fell near our Reading customer, and between 1 and 2 inches fell from Berks into the Lehigh Valley per the various PWS's I perused.

I have no idea, as I was home and in bed when it all occurred, but 2.5 fell near our Reading customer, and between 1 and 2 inches fell from Berks into the Lehigh Valley per the various PWS's I perused.
@canderson needs one of those before he has to go out and buy the desert nomad wardrobe

• Haha 2