• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

25 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If you have the pic up on your computer or phone screen, take a screen shot then paste it in.

There have been many occasions where I've tried to paste the screenshot version of a pic off my phone and still get the error message.  It has worked at times, but rarely, and seemingly randomly.  I have basically thrown in the towel on trying to post any pics, unfortunately. 

28 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If you have the pic up on your computer or phone screen, take a screen shot then paste it in.

Just now, Mount Joy Snowman said:

There have been many occasions where I've tried to paste the screenshot version of a pic off my phone and still get the error message.  It has worked at times, but rarely, and seemingly randomly.  I have basically thrown in the towel on trying to post any pics, unfortunately. 

this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I have found that I need to save it as a smaller size but yea that complicates the whole thing.    The whole experience is much better on a computer.

1943 and 1994 are hereby put on notice.  I did my monthly chicken scratch and have us ending June with a mean temp of 76.5.  This would be good for 2nd place all-time, sandwiched between the 76.8 of 1943 and the 76.2 of 1994.  This weekend could be enough to put us over the top if things play out even hotter than forecasted.  We shall see.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

1943 and 1994 are hereby put on notice.  I did my monthly chicken scratch and have us ending June with a mean temp of 76.5.  This would be good for 2nd place all-time, sandwiched between the 76.8 of 1943 and the 76.2 of 1994.  This weekend could be enough to put us over the top if things play out even hotter than forecasted.  We shall see.

So we have a chance to finish with the hottest June ever? 

Last week I asked what admittedly seemed like kind of a dumb question, which was "so is it hot out or not?" which was in response to an ongoing discussion about the heat wave or lack thereof. But what you're sharing is exactly why I asked what I did. The "heatwave of 2024" has put us in a position to potentially to break an all-time record.

That has to mean something. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

So we have a chance to finish with the hottest June ever? 

Last week I asked what admittedly seemed like kind of a dumb question, which was "so is it hot out or not?" which was in response to an ongoing discussion about the heat wave or lack thereof. But what you're sharing is exactly why I asked what I did. The "heatwave of 2024" has put us in a position to potentially to break an all-time record.

That has to mean something. 

Coming into the Heat Wave we were already top 10ish I believe.  We are at 4 AN normal right now and were close to 3 AN prior to the heat wave unless I looked a day or two in and am forgetting.    19 of the 24 days have been AN so far this month.   The high has been below 80 only 3 days.   In contrast, at this time last year we had 12 days with highs below 80. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Coming into the Heat Wave we were already top 10ish I believe.  We are at 4 AN normal right now and were close to 3 AN prior to the heat wave.    19 of the 24 days have been AN so far this month.   The high has been below 80 only 3 days.   In contrast, at this time last year we had 12 days with highs below 80. 

Edit-Just did some quick math and "think" we were in 6th place for the hottest June ever as of June 16th...but could be 10th.   Just basing this on memory of thinking we were 3 AN before the heat wave. 

I keep my own records but don't often refer to them unless I'm aware that a potential record might be jeopardy. I did not realize how warm June has been BEFORE the heat of last week. That helps put things in better perspective. I would have guessed that we entered last week right around normal for the month. LOL

7 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I keep my own records but don't often refer to them unless I'm aware that a potential record might be jeopardy. I did not realize how warm June has been BEFORE the heat of last week. That helps put things in better perspective. I would have guessed that we entered last week right around normal for the month. LOL

We were definitely well above average, but my ranking is based on memory and could be off.    I thought it was 2.7-3AN.   I am probably messing the math up on the ranking though I am sure we were well AN.   It is hard to just do a ranking through 1/2 a month as the averages are lower.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

We were definitely well above average, but my ranking is based on memory and could be off.    I thought it was 2.7-3AN.   I am probably messing the math up on the ranking though I am sure we were well AN.   It is hard to just do a ranking through 1/2 a month as the averages are lower.  

AN temps have become so common that I think we've become accustomed to it - I do know that the first 16 days of June had no high temps at or above 90. That's probably why it "felt" more normal to me than it actually was. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

AN temps have become so common that I think we've become accustomed to it - I do know that the first 16 days of June had no high temps at or above 90. That's probably why it "felt" more normal to me than it actually was. 

Here is the run down on the first 16 days.  Some quick math on this looks like we were actually 1.6 AN so like I said, I am not trusting my math/memory but know we were well AN.  During the Heat Wave, only 3 of the 7 days were double digit departures.   June 6th was actually warmer departure wise than the 17th, 19th and 20th. 

image.png.5f1feb56cd0e5b6c25442ebbc7349fc3.png

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Here is the run down on the first 16 days.  Some quick math on this looks like we were actually 1.6 AN so like I said, I am not trusting my math/memory but know we were well AN.  During the Heat Wave, only 3 of the 7 days were double digit departures.   June 6th was actually warmer departure wise than the 17th, 19th and 20th. 

image.png.5f1feb56cd0e5b6c25442ebbc7349fc3.png

Yesterday is a great example of perception vs. reality...everyone was commenting on how "cool and refreshing" the day was. Pretty good perception after last week.

Reality - yesterday's high temp was AN! (by 1 degree,  but still - it did not "seem" like an AN day.)

• Like 1

Another interesting stat...June has the potential to end up as our second lowest month in 2024 (so far) on a count of double digit AN departures.   MDT has 3 right now and assuming we get one more., that would give us 4, one more than May, but behind all the other months.  There is precedent for this in that it is harder to get a double-digit departure in the summer but still a perception thing. 

Jan-9

Feb-6

Mar-9

Apr-5

May-3

June-3 (through 6/25)

• Like 1

Another interesting stat...June has the potential to end up as our second lowest month in 2024 (so far) on a count of double digit AN departures.   MDT has 3 right now and assuming we get one more., that would give us 4, one more than May, but behind all the other months.  There is precedent for this in that it is harder to get a double-digit departure in the summer but still a perception thing. 

Jan-9
Feb-6
Mar-9
Apr-5
May-3
June-3 (through 6/25)
I really think we need a better way to measures departures. I think best would be to take 5 days blocks. Go through history and sort placing each departure in either a positive or negative bin so that all the temps are included in +/- 10 bin. Then instead of saying it was a 3an we can say it was a 1bin day

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1