• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

@Mount Joy Snowman - did you hear any reports out of Mt. Joy proper from Saturday afternoon's storm? That storm dropped .25" of rain at my place in the form of a steady shower, but when we drove through the town yesterday morning on our way to Philly it looked like a war zone...trees and lines were down everywhere. A little research (social media) showed that people reported "definitely seeing a tornado" where others were like no, it was straight-line wind damage. Regardless, there were no warnings issued and I wasn't aware that there was even a storm...but just a few miles down the road from me, they got crushed. Scope of damage that I saw, winds had to be over the threshold for a warning. 

Final numbers for last week:

• Heat wave locally lasted 7 days
  • High temps were 91, 93, 93, 93, 98, 101, 94
  • 8 days this year with temps at or above 90
  • MU's high of 99 on Saturday broke a record that stood for 103 years. (previous record of 98 was set in 1921) 

Depending on how this week breaks, could end up in double digits for 90 degree days for the season heading into July. 

3 minutes ago, paweather said:

Thank you! Keep going. LOL.

Doing my best between Baltimore and Philly - as of now we have tickets to 5 more games in Philly. We got 10 games in Baltimore and 8 in Philly total for the season. 

During the 1980s and much of the 1990s I would go to a minimum of 30 games a season. We haven't done anything close to that since. The 18 games this year is by far the most since then. We upped our baseball games after we completely dropped the 76ers season tickets. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

72 here at 10:30.  We may end up with a larger BN high disparity today than any AN one during the Heat Wave of 2024 except Sat. 

Quite possible. I knew today was going to be an improvement but it seems more drastic than I realized...it's REALLY nice out! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Itstrainingtime said:

@Mount Joy Snowman - did you hear any reports out of Mt. Joy proper from Saturday afternoon's storm? That storm dropped .25" of rain at my place in the form of a steady shower, but when we drove through the town yesterday morning on our way to Philly it looked like a war zone...trees and lines were down everywhere. A little research (social media) showed that people reported "definitely seeing a tornado" where others were like no, it was straight-line wind damage. Regardless, there were no warnings issued and I wasn't aware that there was even a storm...but just a few miles down the road from me, they got crushed. Scope of damage that I saw, winds had to be over the threshold for a warning. 

Howdy. So, we had our annual summer party on saturday and I kept telling people how we were juuuust missing out on all the action as it slid by to our north. Sure enough, my one buddy who lives in Mt. Joy texted when he got home that they had some wind damage and the storms were pretty nasty there. Nothing here other than some scattered big drops. I did, however, get .25” from last night’s storms. I’m off today still trying to get everything cleaned up from our party and man does it feel great out. Honestly though, even for how bad the heat was saturday, people were totally fine sitting in the shade and everyone pretty much agreed it wasn’t THAT bad. I’m completely out of the loop on weather forecasting. We looking at anything significant in the week ahead?

7 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

I also wanted to mention that one of the nights (either Fri or Sat can’t remember which) I only dropped to 78 for a low. Thought that was impressive. I haven’t checked but I assume we broke some records?

MDT broke the high record for the 22nd and Max Min for the 22nd and 23rd though they got down to 76, 2 lower than you. 

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Mount Joy Snowman said:

Howdy. So, we had our annual summer party on saturday and I kept telling people how we were juuuust missing out on all the action as it slid by to our north. Sure enough, my one buddy who lives in Mt. Joy texted when he got home that they had some wind damage and the storms were pretty nasty there. Nothing here other than some scattered big drops. I did, however, get .25” from last night’s storms. I’m off today still trying to get everything cleaned up from our party and man does it feel great out. Honestly though, even for how bad the heat was saturday, people were totally fine sitting in the shade and everyone pretty much agreed it wasn’t THAT bad. I’m completely out of the loop on weather forecasting. We looking at anything significant in the week ahead?

Severe weather threat on Wednesday followed by a couple of nice days to close out the work week. Maybe some unsettled weather next weekend as the warmer, more humid air mass is overhead. 

Interesting comments you made about Saturday - my wife is fazed by nothing. Like literally nothing. I don't ever recall her in our 30 years together of her once complaining about any type of weather. Certainly never about heat. Saturday broke her. She was miserable. I was miserable. She has her own little business and we were vendors at a craft show Saturday. When we got home, we "died" together. We were home by 3pm and did virtually nothing the remainder of the day. We were exhausted. 

So we did what normal people do after that...we got up early yesterday and promptly drove to Philly and sat in the heat for 4 more hours yesterday afternoon. 

• Like 1

@MUweather

Some stats from the #heatwave 

1) The mercury reached 99F on Saturday for the 1st time since July 3, 2018.

2) Saturday's mean temp of 87F tied the highest on record in #June.

3) Sunday's low temp of 77F matched the highest minimum temp on record in June.

@MUweather
Some stats from the #heatwave 
1) The mercury reached 99F on Saturday for the 1st time since July 3, 2018.
2) Saturday's mean temp of 87F tied the highest on record in #June.
3) Sunday's low temp of 77F matched the highest minimum temp on record in June.

6/17…..89
6/18…..91
6/19…..90
6/20…..90
6/21……94
6/22…..99
6/23…..94

They “only” had a 6-day heatwave

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Superstorm said:

6/17…..89
6/18…..91
6/19…..90
6/20…..90
6/21……94
6/22…..99
6/23…..94

They “only” had a 6-day heatwave

Outside of saturday, when I look at those temps in aggregate I kind of feel like the heat wave was a bit underwhelming. Safe to say the Euro was overdone? We declaring a model winner with this one?