• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

1 hour ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't often talk about personal things but life over the past few months has had it's share of struggles. Last night our son was in a pretty bad accident. He's kind of a mess right now but ultimately will be fine.

Another reminder of the fragility of life.

Really sorry to hear this Mike. Nothing more horrifying than witnessing your child go through something like that. We wish we could take the pain from them and for them, but alas, all we can do is offer support. Hope everything works out and your son is back to full health in timely fashion. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Had a high a little earlier of already of 88.4 degrees that is the warmest temp so far this year at East Nantmeal with the previous highest temp being April 29th at 85.9 degrees. This is also the warmest temp since last September 7th when we hit 89.1 degrees, We have not recorded a temperature over 90 degrees here in East Nantmeal in almost 3 years with the last occurrence being the 91.2 degrees back on June 30, 2021 - we have a chance do so over the next 3 days....but will of course not be stunned if we end up with another 89.7 or so as we have seen at least 1x each of the last 2 years....stay tuned!

4 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

Had a high a little earlier of already of 88.4 degrees that is the warmest temp so far this year at East Nantmeal with the previous highest temp being April 29th at 85.9 degrees. This is also the warmest temp since last September 7th when we hit 89.1 degrees, We have not recorded a temperature over 90 degrees here in East Nantmeal in almost 3 years with the last occurrence being the 91.2 degrees back on June 30, 2021 - we have a chance do so over the next 3 days....but will of course not be stunned if we end up with another 89.7 or so as we have seen at least 1x each of the last 2 years....stay tuned!

Pitt thread is hitting F5 rapidly for updates!  LOL

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

First time at Shady Maple this evening.  Better be good with an hour and a half drive when I  could go the the Starlight 5 minutes only away. Lol

You should go for the suicide mission...put one thing on your plate from every station in the building.   (Lots of stations are dupes but the rule applies, one thing from each station....cold food recommended as if you choose hot at the start it will be cold by the time you get to the last station)

12 minutes ago, mitchnick said:

First time at Shady Maple this evening.  Better be good with an hour and a half drive when I  could go the the Starlight 5 minutes only away. Lol

It's a hot one down here, had 3 walks already from the market to the Smorg to handle some matters.  Lunch was busy, and we had several buses here.  If you have to wait from just outside the door depending on when you arrive, it's about 20 minutes :)

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

You should go for the suicide mission...put one thing on your plate from every station in the building.   (Lots of stations are dupes but the rule applies, one thing from each station....cold food recommended as if you choose hot at the start it will be cold by the time you get to the last station)

LOL, that's true especially if you aren't sitting close by.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Porsche said:

It's a hot one down here, had 3 walks already from the market to the Smorg to handle some matters.  Lunch was busy, and we had several buses here.  If you have to wait from just outside the door depending on when you arrive, it's about 20 minutes :)

I think you just changed my mind to be honest. I think I'll try it another day. Wasn't thinking about the Friday crowds. Once you retire, you lose sense of days.

Record high of 90F at DuBois. That's the fifth consecutive daily record. Even for a relatively small period, very impressive. Good chance of matching or exceeding the monthly record of 92F, set on June 30, 1969, and earlier in this heat stretch (June 18, 2024). That's also 4 90+ readings on the year. For context, only 6 entire years since 1962 have seen more 90+ days, and this is only June 21! Those 6 years are: 1988, with 20; 2020 & 1966, with 8 each; 2010, with 6; and 2016 & 2011, with 5 each.

Our son was discharged a couple of hours ago. It could have been so much worse. His car...sobering to see pictures of it.

Currently it's 95 in Maytown. Hottest day so far, 5th straight day over 90, 6th day this year. 

Thank you, weather family for all of the best wishes. It means a lot. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Our son was discharged a couple of hours ago. It could have been so much worse. His car...sobering to see pictures of it.

Currently it's 95 in Maytown. Hottest day so far, 5th straight day over 90, 6th day this year. 

Thank you, weather family for all of the best wishes. It means a lot. 

So happy for you on the son's discharge. I can only image the pics. But in the end your son will survive and a car can be replaced. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paweather said:

So happy for you on the son's discharge. I can only image the pics. But in the end your son will survive and a car can be replaced. 

Yeah...that was my point which I failed to make. As bad as his car ended up, he's fine. He's in the protocol for a few days and he'll be back to work hopefully midweek next week. 

Phillies game is gonna be a scorcher! At least I thought strategically about where to sit when I bought the tickets for this game specifically. (it's our only day game) We will be in the shade the entire time. That will help a lot. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Yeah...that was my point which I failed to make. As bad as his car ended up, he's fine. He's in the protocol for a few days and he'll be back to work hopefully midweek next week. 

Phillies game is gonna be a scorcher! At least I thought strategically about where to sit when I bought the tickets for this game specifically. (it's our only day game) We will be in the shade the entire time. That will help a lot. 

No doubt about it shade will be best in this heat! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mitchnick said:

I think you just changed my mind to be honest. I think I'll try it another day. Wasn't thinking about the Friday crowds. Once you retire, you lose sense of days.

Yeah, kind of busier over summer, Monday evenings are usually the slower night.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, canderson said:

96 at 3:20. Will make a strong run at 100 tomorrow. 

On the Plus side, all 3 majors Globals have you in the 70's or low 80's Monday at 2PM with Euro being the coolest (cloud/rain).   In fact the Euro only has one more day in the 90's through the entire work week next week. 

• Like 1