• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Across Chester County PA - out of the 14 NWS/MADIS sites only 3 spots exceeded 90 degrees yesterday. Chester Springs/West Chester and Brandwine Airport were the only stations to reach that mark. Some other area highs yesterday Kennett Square 87.8 / West Grove 85.3 / Atglen 86.9 / Nottingham 87.0 / East Nantmeal 84.8 / Marshallton 88.8. Those 3 spots are also the only stations in county to exceed 90 degrees at all the last 3 days... I suspect today we should finally see the majority of stations with the exception of the highest spots reaching the elusive 90 degree mark!

9 hours ago, canderson said:

The highs are hot but the real reason this heat wave sucks is the lows are so f’n high. It’s 85 at 9:45 pm.

That’s Texas type heat where it hardly ever gets below 78 between June and mid to late September. It’s just relentless. 

Ha....Phoenix says hold my beer. Last summer the morning lows were 95+ for many days. A couple mornings, my Jeep and the big truck were registering 97 to 99 on their respective thermometers at 3 and 4 am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Voyager said:

Ha....Phoenix says hold my beer. Last summer the morning lows were 95+ for many days. A couple mornings, my Jeep and the big truck were registering 97 to 99 on their respective thermometers at 3 and 4 am.

My daughter is in Palm Dessert California with the Hershey Bears. She text the other day and was like dad,  have no idea how people live here. She calls it Satans butthole :lol:

• Haha 6

47 minutes ago, sauss06 said:

My daughter is in Palm Dessert California with the Hershey Bears. She text the other day and was like dad,  have no idea how people live here. She calls it Satans butthole :lol:

I could in fact, live pretty easily in Palm Dessert, California. 

2 hours ago, mahantango#1 said:

WN_7-day.jpg

yeah looks like next couple days we do get hotter, and likely enough to cook eggs on asphalt (so dont sit down on pavement boys).

headed north and will see how high the pine creek is tonight.  Work weekend at cabin.

Like others have already suggested, evenings have been rather tolerable, but if DPs get a tad higher, that'll be the end of that.

TGIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

I've been to Palm Desert delivering to Petsmart stores. It's actually a really nice town. But yes, that place gets even hotter than Phoenix under the right conditions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sauss06 said:

6 minutes ago, Atomixwx said:

I have to imagine in Palm Dessert, Ca there would be neither butthole, nor Satan. 

Fortunately, the Firebirds goalie Deidger has simply been a hole helping keep the Bears in the series.   Goalie is one position the Bears have a big advantage. 

• Like 1

I don't often talk about personal things but life over the past few months has had it's share of struggles. Last night our son was in a pretty bad accident. He's kind of a mess right now but ultimately will be fine.

Another reminder of the fragility of life.

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

I don't often talk about personal things but life over the past few months has had it's share of struggles. Last night our son was in a pretty bad accident. He's kind of a mess right now but ultimately will be fine.

I am sorry Mike.  I am glad he will be ok but yea, this board and the stuff we talk about is so minor to what can upend our lives one day. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

last 2 years have been full uf em for me with parents. 

Glad he will be ok.  Hang in there bud.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sorry man! I hope he will recover. Take care. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sorry to hear this. Hope for a speedy recovery and his life to get back on full track.  

My wife had a surgery Wednesday and is struggling mentally, ignoring the physical aspect.

It’s tough out there. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

Sorry to hear this.   Hope he has a speedy recovery.  

• Thanks 1

Hope your son has a speedy recovery!
My wife’s car was reading 99 degrees in the driveway yesterday, my home system was reading 99 degrees. NWS said the high was 94 yesterday. 

8:00 am mow this morning. Mostly trimming the high spots.

Nooner: 95 degrees 

• Like 1