• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos

Just now, Itstrainingtime said:

Thing is, it was originally a standard 1:35 first pitch. MLB changed it after we had our tickets. Oh well - I told her we'll have some time left in the day once we get home. :) 

These 11:30 AM starts are the death of baseball. 

No, it's not altered baseballs.

No, it's not the pitch clock and possibly subsequent arms falling off.

No, it's not one baseball club spending close to a billion dollars on three players.

No, it's not shitty, cheap owners who offset the guys who treat Los Angeles like Chelsea. 

It's the 11:30 AM starts. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, canderson said:

90 here. Should have 7 straight days of 90+, which is pretty rare longevity wise. 

It has happened 47 times since 1888.  9 times since 2000 with the most recent being Aug 2022.  It happened twice in the same season in 2016 and 2002.   BUT no June dates on there.   2002 in particular stands out with a 9 and a 10.  

image.png.6f28e678224ed2d40db0ec68e79c79c3.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

These 11:30 AM starts are the death of baseball. 

No, it's not altered baseballs.

No, it's not the pitch clock and possibly subsequent arms falling off.

No, it's not one baseball club spending close to a billion dollars on three players.

No, it's not shitty, cheap owners who offset the guys who treat Los Angeles like Chelsea. 

It's the 11:30 AM starts. 

I LOVE those games. Get out of the stadium by 2 and have a whole afternoon 

Anyone wanting to watch the game on TV in Phoenix is going to have tune in at 7:30am. That's crazy. Baseball before morning coffee...lol
That's why RumChata was invented

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

MDT's 92 today bodes well for the heat mignons that want a real heat wave.   But if Wed does not get to 90 and Sat does not get to 90, some record keepers will say no heat wave. 
Do we get an MCS Wednesday morning?

4 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

What's keeping the highest down on some models Wednesday then?

I do not see much difference between Today-Thur as to highs other than that the lead up of wall to wall mid to upper 90's may have skewed perception a bit.     Tomorrow seems a few degrees warmer on the models so I picked Wed as the possible day MDT may not make low 90's.    Low 90's are not intense or extreme in my book though.  This time of the year, we need a 97-98 temp or 110 HI in my book. 

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

Its usually is not that dramatic. Something else has to be at play but I don't have the knowledge to interrogate the meso analysis

Sinking air can destroy storms ala what I see over each summer.   Not saying it is the end all but this ridge is a big pappy.  

1 minute ago, Jns2183 said:

My daughter probably wouldnt be happy but I'm sorta secretly praying for a TS to develop while in at Hilton head just so I can finally experience a dream. two_atl_7d0.jpg

We were at Hilton Head Island several years ago when a tropical storm came up the coast. It was not fun on the beach getting sand blasted on Coligny Beach.  I forgot what yar it was but it was during the beach rejuvenation project.

We were at Hilton Head Island several years ago when a tropical storm came up the coast. It was not fun on the beach getting sand blasted on Coligny Beach.  I forgot what yar it was but it was during the beach rejuvenation project.
I should say what most people consider a good time and what I consider or a good time can be very very far apart. I know my daughter wouldn't be happy but I would absolutely be thrilled to be sandblasted for a couple hours

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

When is that like exactly within 6 hr increments according to models?

GFS has showers Saturday Afternoon through the night and then again Sunday afternoon.   CMC has showers Friday PM, Sat PM into Sunday.  Pieces of energy rotating around the ridge as it backs south again (as progged.)