• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

High Temps ranged from the low to mid 80's yesterday across the County. Today we should see temps well into the 80's today before a cold front passes later in the day which will cool us back to near normal over the weekend. Temps begin to warm and some solid heat sets in with widespread 90's likely starting on Tuesday.
Chester County records for today: High 99 degrees at Phoenixville (1943) / Low 41 degrees at West Chester (1985) / Rain 1.91" also in West Chester (1917)
image.png.e22c9ac635917a36f2794045eaa14b9c.png

On 6/12/2024 at 9:16 AM, TimB said:

I’m hoping for widespread mid to upper 90s next week so you can tell us you topped out at 89.4.

I will be very surprised if I top 90 degrees.....but here's hoping been a long time. The last rounded 90+ day was almost 2 years ago 89.7 July 23, 2022. The last true 90+ day is now almost 3 years ago here in East Nantmeal with the 91.2 on June 30, 2021

2 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

I will be very surprised if I top 90 degrees.....but here's hoping been a long time. The last rounded 90+ day was almost 2 years ago 89.7 July 23, 2022. The last true 90+ day is now almost 3 years ago here in East Nantmeal with the 91.2 on June 30, 2021

:clown:

7 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:

That...is one crazy microclimate. You're not THAT much higher in elevation than I am, and I had several days last summer in the 97-98 range. I wasn't aware of anywhere close to here not making it well into the 90s last summer. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

That...is one crazy microclimate. You're not THAT much higher in elevation than I am, and I had several days last summer in the 97-98 range. I wasn't aware of anywhere close to here not making it well into the 90s last summer. 

He is 200-400 feet under me.  I have dozens of 90's in the bag the last few years, 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Nah. I'm still a warmanista, I'm just not sure of the humidity anymore, but I still love 70 degree mornings. Nothing is going to change that. My perfect place is one where I never need a jacket.

1 hour ago, Bubbler86 said:

Maytown, PA.

For today, MESO's looking better the further North and East you are as to the LSV. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JdEbokTHdw&list=PLCjLGgbfOxrzKMcGJ6M25AsdQSFnPrf8-

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voyager said:

Nah. I'm still a warmanista, I'm just not sure of the humidity anymore, but I still love 70 degree mornings. Nothing is going to change that. My perfect place is one where I never need a jacket.

So, Arizona? Lol

I'm closer to deep forest than he is and I've had 90+ days. I think. 
I've seen houses in that area get into pretty wooded areas. If there is aravine and creek as well, with his station in a location that may take advantage of local inversions. Sorta like that real cool area you feel walking through the woods.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, paweather said:

LOL. I don't know but so many fans are in panic right now losing 2 games it is funny. Baseball is so long and a ways to go if you think a team isn't going to get into a bad stretch, 

That's what made that "not getting swept in a series" streak by the Orioles truly remarkable. Losing streaks are inevitable in baseball no matter how good a team is. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, canderson said:

Nola's curve had no curve. Was weird to see. Everything was left up, up, up. 

There is a stat today for everything - last night the Red Sox became the first team in years to hit at least 7 fair balls with an exit velocity over 100 mph in the first 2 innings. Even in the 1st the outs were loud. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Atomixwx said:

So, Arizona? Lol

Nope. I still needed a jacket most winter mornings, and occasionally a coat when it dipped below freezing.

Most winter mornings in Phoenix are in the low to mid 40s, and the 30s make an appearance several times during Jan and Feb.

2 hours ago, Bubbler86 said:

He is 200-400 feet under me.  I have dozens of 90's in the bag the last few years, 

I'm at 825ft in the low eastern foothills, and I've had quite a few 90s nearly every summer.

I don't torch like Harrisburg and the southeast, but low 90s aren't uncommon in my backyard.

• Like 1