• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

Just now, Bubbler86 said:

Crazy thing about that.  Firebirds are already in Hershey. They would havehad to fly back West to open at home if Monsters win this game.

They've been in town the entire week! Vaca in Chocolatetown! Firebirds ridin' Wildcat's Revenge with JNS all week! 

• Haha 1

Low of 57 here.  Anyone else notice the models showing a slight chance of a shower this evening for those of us in the far southeastern parts of the LSV?  I'm hoping the frontal passage tomorrow can pair up well with the peak daytime heating instability but looks like it may be a touch late for us down this way.  Should still see some decent rains tomorrow evening, we hope.  Put me in the camp that thinks next week will be hot and dry.  Remarkable consistency in the record highs for next week, with all of them being 97 or 98.  I don't think we reach any but mid 90s for a few days seems doable.  Onward. 

It will be a very warm float if that.  No cool weather next week. Bu to me it is a big difference between 88-92 and 98-102 in the EC camp vs. CMC/GFS
I will be in Savannah Georgia and Hilton Head South Carolina come the 19th next week. Looks like I'll have perfect timing with reasonable weather down there and insanely hot weather here

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, Jns2183 said:

I will be in Savannah Georgia and Hilton Head South Carolina come the 19th next week. Looks like I'll have perfect timing with reasonable weather down there and insanely hot weather here

Do y'all consider low to mid 90's insanely hot?   For mid to late June I would say 100 and above or a heat index of 110 and above. 

Do y'all consider low to mid 90's insanely hot?   For mid to late June I would say 100 and above or a heat index of 110 and above. 
I flat out hate anything 90 and above. It won't be above 90 for the entire week down at Hilton head

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I guess it depends on your definition of insanity. Considering the all-time record June temperature in Pittsburgh (since 1874) is 98F, and the highest hourly heat index in the month of June (since 1942) is 106F, the latter would definitely qualify as insanely hot in Pittsburgh. I'd have to say mid 90s is probably the threshold for June. That would get you near the daily record on all but a handful of days in the month.

1 minute ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I guess it depends on your definition of insanity. Considering the all-time record June temperature in Pittsburgh (since 1874) is 98F, and the highest hourly heat index in the month of June (since 1942) is 106F, the latter would definitely qualify as insanely hot in Pittsburgh.

Yeah, but MDT isn’t Pittsburgh. It hits 95F or more there nearly every summer, and often 100F. It’s hit 100F there in 7 different summers since we last did.

3 minutes ago, TheClimateChanger said:

I guess it depends on your definition of insanity. Considering the all-time record June temperature in Pittsburgh (since 1874) is 98F, and the highest hourly heat index in the month of June (since 1942) is 106F, the latter would definitely qualify as insanely hot in Pittsburgh. I'd have to say mid 90s is probably the threshold for June. That would get you near the daily record on all but a handful of days in the month.

1 minute ago, TimB said:

Yeah, but MDT isn’t Pittsburgh. It hits 95F or more there nearly every summer, and often 100F. It’s hit 100F there in 7 different summers since we last did.

To me, anything that is just 5-10 degrees AN is not insane.  Just my take.   Normal for MDT next week is mid 80's so a 92 is just a warmer than usual day.  Heat Index plays into it as well. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

To me, anything that is just 5-10 degrees AN is not insane.  Just my take.   Normal for MDT next week is mid 80's so a 92 is just a warmer than usual day.  Heat Index plays into it as well. 

I agree with this, low 90s is not “insanely hot” by any metric, though I do absolutely hate it.

That said, I’m craving some interesting weather right now and a 1994-esque June heatwave would do it, but that doesn’t mean I won’t be complaining in real life about how hot it is.

• Like 1