• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlueSkyGA
    Newest Member
    BlueSkyGA

22 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

Not often these days that we punt heat but looks like it is happening this time.   GFS now down with some low 90's next week.   Normal high for the 20th is 84 though so if it gets to 92 that is 6 AN.  Pretty typical fare for the new reality.   The lows are where we will really take it on the chops where it could be double digit anomalies.   All I know is Sat looks glorious with highs in the mid to upper 70's and lows in the 50's outside the MDT area. 

Carpet and tile guys said last evening that mid to upper 90's are possible next week.

5 minutes ago, mahantango#1 said:

Carpet and tile guys said last evening that mid to upper 90's are possible next week.

Yea,  was just reiterating what the GFS and CMC had on their panels.  Previously the CMC was down with the higher temps but is not right now.   A lot will depend on how the ridge positions and any clouds/rain we get.    The GFS is quite cloudy compared to the warmer EC.    As an example, the EC is 100 at MDT on the June 20th 18Z Panel.     The GFS is 88 and CMC 91 at that same time.  The EC is most likely too hot like usual. 

• Like 2

Temps in some spots like Warwick and Nottingham Townships touched the chilly 40's this morning. Today will be our 5th straight below normal....but last such day for a while. We begin a solid warming trend this PM although with the exception of some valley spots in the county any 90+ degree readings may have to wait till early next week. The next chance of showers looks like Friday late PM.
Chester County records for today: High 97 degrees at Phoenixville (1956) / Record low 34 degrees also at Phoenixville (1972) / Rain 4.35" at Devault (1968)
image.png.934b1c85672820788f696d9d9b50b9c5.png

15 minutes ago, ChescoWx said:
Temps in some spots like Warwick and Nottingham Townships touched the chilly 40's this morning. Today will be our 5th straight below normal....but last such day for a while. We begin a solid warming trend this PM although with the exception of some valley spots in the county any 90+ degree readings may have to wait till early next week. The next chance of showers looks like Friday late PM.
Chester County records for today: High 97 degrees at Phoenixville (1956) / Record low 34 degrees also at Phoenixville (1972) / Rain 4.35" at Devault (1968)
image.png.934b1c85672820788f696d9d9b50b9c5.png

I’m hoping for widespread mid to upper 90s next week so you can tell us you topped out at 89.4.

• Haha 4

12Z GFS does not have a 90-degree 18Z (2PM) Temp in the LSV until Saturday the 22nd.   Plenty hot next week but alignment of the ridge, as predicted by the GFS, is not mid to upper 90's hot.   More upper 80's to low 90's.  It was a bit of a cool down from the 6Z run.   No 70 and above lows (out of urban areas) all next work week. 

Did 26000 steps at Hershey today. Most of it in a bathing suit. I'm going to be more exhausted tomorrow coming back to work then I was when I clocked out Tuesday after 5 straight days

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

WPC has you just inside the 0.10" line:

p168i.gif?1718236985

They must still be ingesting the new data :-).  But in reality it is still the ridge position.  If GFS is right it is going to be fairly wet next week.   GFS takes the W for the lack of a heat wave this week. 

• Like 1

Convection is so hit and miss. I pray for those cut of low, east wind, +2-+3 sd pwas and 850's. 5 days of nothing but rain where temp is between 62-68. That is a beautiful June forcast

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

• Sad 1