Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Discobs 2024

George BM

12 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Where else can you get a cold front plow into a 95 / 76F airmass and not generate so much as a cloud.

The Valley !!! Picked up 0.02 this morning for a monthly total of 1.01...

Williamsburg to Richmond was a true deluge - incredible amount of rainfall.... So frustrating to be in that all afternoon and nothing along I81..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

DP dropped into the 50s at Deep Creek from the 70s earlier. Dry air is coming here!

It felt great this evening! Much more mountain like than rainforest. Took an evening cruise, was the only boat out in our neck of the woods. Wife had a sweatshirt and blanket haha!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mdhokie said:

It felt great this evening! Much more mountain like than rainforest. Took an evening cruise, was the only boat out in our neck of the woods. Wife had a sweatshirt and blanket haha!

I am starting a culinary arts program at Garrett College this fall and am testing out many different recipes. I needed some real San Marzano tomatoes and the only place I could think of that carried what I was looking for was Whole Foods in Pittsburgh. Husband and I took the ‘Stang, rolled down the windows, pulled up a great classic rock playlist and drove 4 hours. For tomatoes. And it was frickin awesome. 

• Like 4

My numbers for June 2024

Averaged high was 82.8 degrees vs a normal of 80.3 degrees, a +2.5 degrees above average. The warmest temperature recorded was 92.2 degrees on the 23rd. Averaged low was 56.8 degrees vs a normal of 57.3 degrees, a -0.5 degrees below average. The coldest temperature recorded was 40.8 degrees on the 1st. Overall averaged temp was 69.8 degrees vs a normal of 68.8, a +1.0 degrees above average. Total rainfall for the month was 1.79 inches vs a normal of 4.24 inches, a -2.45 inches below average and slides into 4th driest behind 1999's 0.85, 1980's 1.48 and 2005's 1.75 inches. The wettest days were the 6th and 27th with 0.65 inches. There were only 7 days with measurable, 2 with 'T's' and 21 dry days. The highest wind recorded was 31 mph on the 6th. Overall a very dry and semi-warm month. One new record, the 0.65 inches on the 6th set a new daily rainfall. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2