• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BlondeLonghorn
    Newest Member
    BlondeLonghorn
June Discobs 2024

George BM

The local NWS discussion and hazardous weather outlook did mention possibility of tornadoes.  It would be great if an SME could explain why a watch of some kind was not issued.  I also thought the local offices could issue watches if they wanted to...

29 minutes ago, Weather Will said:

The local NWS discussion and hazardous weather outlook did mention possibility of tornadoes.  It would be great if an SME could explain why a watch of some kind was not issued.  I also thought the local offices could issue watches if they wanted to...

I don’t know if anyone really thought a watch would be necessary this morning. The LWX 2:39pm AFD mentions unimpressive shear across the area, while the 9:45pm AFD uses words to suggest more shear. So my guess would be that shear is a bit more impressive than expected.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

I don’t know if anyone really thought a watch would be necessary this morning. The LWX 2:39pm AFD mentions unimpressive shear across the area, while the 9:45pm AFD uses words to suggest more shear. So my guess would be that shear is a bit more impressive than expected.

To your point 

• Thanks 4

53 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

.3" in the past 10 days.  Here we go.

Prior to today I had received  0.23 in the past 17 days... 0.24 today..

Radar looked more impressive than actual ground truth down here this evening... We are teetering on the edge but we haven't fallen over just yet... 

However about 41% of my yearly total so far occurred in January which is definitely concerning..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Prior to today I had received  0.23 in the past 17 days... 0.24 today..

Radar looked more impressive than actual ground truth down here this evening... We are teetering on the edge but we haven't fallen over just yet... 

However about 41% of my yearly total so far occurred in January which is definitely concerning..

O U C H

Someone turned on the fog machine here. Been foggy in am last few mornings, but today it is quite heavy. 

RE to @Jrlg1181 post above, I've had 19.37 inches so far this year broken down. Jan 5.83 30.1 %, Feb 2.25 11.6%, Mar 2.62 13.5%, April 4.00 20.7%, May 3.82 19.7% and first few days of Jun 0.85 4.4%, fairly consistent. Not sure why just NE of me in Shenandoah Valley especially around Staunton seems to be so dry last 24 months, but hope it swings around soon. 

Yet another rainy and humid day in Deep Creek. Its been darn near impossible to get any construction done. We get a couple nice days and then boom everything is mud again. I have dehumidifiers running non stop with new hardwood laid, had to postpone siding install twice. Frustrating. 

Thought the rain was going to move through this morning but nope, now we have training off and on showers.

Edit: ok ok ok I must have complained enough because the sun came out. Still feels like the tropics but at least I can get something done.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Yet another rainy and humid day in Deep Creek. Its been darn near impossible to get any construction done. We get a couple nice days and then boom everything is mud again. I have dehumidifiers running non stop with new hardwood laid, had to postpone siding install twice. Frustrating. 

Thought the rain was going to move through this morning but nope, now we have training off and on showers.

Edit: ok ok ok I must have complained enough because the sun came out. Still feels like the tropics but at least I can get something done.

I have a perc test up there today, dealing with same weather blues.  It's a mud pit on our site.  

.77" last 20 hrs.  The first decent rainfall since May 18.

I have averaged drier than normal for the past 3.5 years since January of 2021.  During this period I have received 122.6" rain and melted snow. Normal would have been 141.7". 

19.1 inches below average precipitation since January of 2021.

33 minutes ago, nj2va said:

You’ll be lucky if you’re in by next winter, honestly. 

We're supposed to be under roof for this winter.  Electric is already run, site is cleared, septic has been designed but we had to move our drain field location due to other factors.  Most primary construction materials are ready for delivery except for the windows and doors.  Septic is holding up permit to pour the foundation, hopefully that comes through next week.