• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Discobs 2024

George BM

I absolutely despise overcast, muggy mornings like this. With no sunshine, the outside temps will stay in the upper seventies-low eighties for hours and hours, and my air conditioner can't really get to work and knock down the indoor humidity to something reasonable unless I crank it way colder than I'd like. (I'm getting on in years, so a living-room temp of 77 with a dewpoint of 40 - 50 is about my ideal).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Radar lighting up a bit just to my west. Hopefully I can catch a downpour.

Another tenth lol. Hopefully I can nickel and dime to a half inch. Looks promising for later on some guidance, while others have convection focused to the east.

• Like 1

Officially over 2”. 
2.04”

Drove back from oc last night and caught that last line on 70. Few minutes of torrents. Saw lightning in the distance for a large chunk of my drive back. I’m assuming mby had a decent precip day.
  • Like 2

Currently 88/75. Mrs. V & I just walked the four mile round trip up to Alexandria's Mt. Wegman's and back. Yeah, it's super muggy and we're soaked...but at least we didn't have to do the walk in full sun this morning. 

Glad to hear some you cashed in on precip last night, and especially on the lightning show so many of you commented on. I could see the barest hint of lightning flashes to the north when I went to bed around 11:30 last night. Just like I sat on the back steps of my childhood home and watched the "heat lightning" (props to @nj2va!) over the western hills getting closer...I thought about sitting out on the back patio last night to see if things got more intense. But it was still in the low 80s, and I didn't want to crawl into bed all sweaty from sitting outside.  :) 

Heard a couple people say there was some hail last night but wasn’t looking outside only heard the downpour and thunder. Should get interesting after 2 PM,  been slight risked in the DC metro area. Ready for round 2. 

I was caught in a savage downpour at 11:10pm last night at south 95 and Baltimore beltway 695 . Went from dry to downpour in a second and got worse, didn’t even have time to pull over and we were lucky to not run into each other. Stayed at about 10mph for 5 minutes just trying to follow each other and then it very quickly stopped. Temp fell from 85 to 73 .

it shook everyone up because even  after it was over for several minutes everyone was still driving like 40mph 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kgottwald said:

I absolutely despise overcast, muggy mornings like this. With no sunshine, the outside temps will stay in the upper seventies-low eighties for hours and hours, and my air conditioner can't really get to work and knock down the indoor humidity to something reasonable unless I crank it way colder than I'd like. (I'm getting on in years, so a living-room temp of 77 with a dewpoint of 40 - 50 is about my ideal).

Whole house dehumidifer. I have a super insulated house so the AC doesnt work very hard and run into similar situation. The purpose built ones are made to last unlike the portable dehumidifiers you see at the home improvement store. 

Ultra Aire 98H by Santa Fe | Whole House Ventilating Dehumidifier (santa-fe-products.com)

Obs: Deep creek feels more like a tropical rainforest than the mountains right now. Off and on rain showers and 250% humidity. 

• Like 1