Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Discobs 2024

George BM

16 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Wasn’t sure the storms would extend south enough to clip me, but it’s about to get here.

I'm right on the edge and getting massively disappointed.    It's worse, because the 00Z CAMs took a huge step in the wrong direction for tomorrow.

Had one brief torrential downpour early this morning that yielded 0.15".

Hearing booming thunder now as a cell has just popped up but looking at radar it is just NE of here. Hopefully this afternoon/evening delivers.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AmericanWxFreak said:

Incredible cloud to ground show from my balcony at Merriweather. Phew. 

We were at merriweather last night too! Lightning show for 3 hours before the storm arrived. That was easily the best T&L storm of the year so far. Tornadic storm a month ago was far less impressive in that respect. 

Rain last night was better than I could have hoped for. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dailylurker said:

Not a single drop. Looks like nothing today either. Crazy how half the state is flooded while the DC area goes into serious drought. 

Understand your frustration. To be fair my area was one of those areas that had been in what was called a Flash Drought. Weird term when used so had to looked it up. And while we did not need the amount of rain that came down in the short span we needed it bad. The last measurable rain was way back before we went on vacation. It has been bad up here. While I have watched North and East of me get rain. I am out this morning as the older kid has a pet sitting drop in. The grass has gone from burnt brown to a yellow green. Flooding got really bad up here last night. But I think what worries me more is that was this it for a while? Will we go right back to dry conditions like last summer? Here is hoping you get your much needed rain like I did last night. But just not all in 4 hours. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1