• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Discobs 2024

George BM

Would you be able to share the video? Looks pretty bad from the still shot.

I uploaded it just for you. If you watch the whole thing, you’ll see multiple flashes. Then what looks like either an electrical arc or some sort of fire maybe? And then you can see it blow the power to the whole neighborhood.

• Like 7

Damage Report from last night’s storm

1.  Umbrella gone, just gone 

2.  Skimmer baskets full of leaves, pool bottom covered in leaves (about a dozen), pool robot is going to earn its pay today!

3. .44” of rain, so close to massive flooding, if we would have 15x that we would have had massive issues, dodged a huge bullet…though grass continues its slow march to desertification.

all told, not to bad…we will rebuild, better and stronger!

image.png

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

I uploaded it just for you. If you watch the whole thing, you’ll see multiple flashes. Then what looks like either an electrical arc or some sort of fire maybe? And then you can see it blow the power to the whole neighborhood.

Oh wow, we missed all that fun down here!  Did it get super windy?  Or just bad luck, dead limb decided to finally go and hit just the right spot to send you back to 1852?  Power back?

• Like 1

Tons of leaves in my driveway and yard looks like early Fall here. Not sure how much as the local cocorahs guy no longer reports. Funny enough his last report was about a month or so ago and in his notes it said as the heavy rain approached it split again of course....so i'm guessing he got pissed and quit reporting or threw his station in the trash lol :hurrbear:

• Haha 6

Oh wow, we missed all that fun down here!  Did it get super windy?  Or just bad luck, dead limb decided to finally go and hit just the right spot to send you back to 1852?  Power back?

Probably a little both. We had some strong gusts at the onset. I have a 100 foot tall sycamore that looked like it bent about 30 degrees.

I live in a neighborhood known to have a lot of old/large white oak trees so it’s common unfortunately.

Power back on at 3 am. Toddler son slept like a baby. I ran a small generator to a small window ac unit to keep second floor of home relatively cool. I did not sleep. So I’m taking off work and going back to bed

• Like 4

Finished with 0.65

1st legit rain since May 18th

Monthly total now at 0.99

Interesting tidbit the front yard is now swarming with green June bugs this morning , had not seen any this year...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Finished with 0.65

1st legit rain since May 18th

Monthly total now at 0.99

Interesting tidbit the front yard is now swarming with green June bugs this morning , had not seen any this year...

Looks like birds figured out where a easy meal is at...Memories of growing up with chickens chasing these things around ...

22 hours ago, GATECH said:

22 hours ago, WeatherShak said:

Probably a little both. We had some strong gusts at the onset. I have a 100 foot tall sycamore that looked like it bent about 30 degrees.

I live in a neighborhood known to have a lot of old/large white oak trees so it’s common unfortunately.

Power back on at 3 am. Toddler son slept like a baby. I ran a small generator to a small window ac unit to keep second floor of home relatively cool. I did not sleep. So I’m taking off work and going back to bed emoji23.png emoji12.png

I'm deciding right now between two new wx stations so no access to anemometer, but anecdotally -- the intensity and especially the sound of Wednesday evening's gust front reminded me just a bit of the onset of the June 2012 derecho. Didn't get a decent video because it was moving fast, but did get a few pics of the gust front (below). To @WeatherShak's point, I also observed a couple tall oaks listing to port pretty good during these initial winds.

image.thumb.jpeg.c2d2545e351a068e18348eaab94f11d7.jpeg

• Like 3

I'm deciding right now between two new wx stations so no access to anemometer, but anecdotally -- the intensity and especially the sound of Wednesday evening's gust front reminded me just a bit of the onset of the June 2012 derecho. Didn't get a decent video because it was moving fast, but did get a few pics of the gust front (below). To [mention=8276]WeatherShak[/mention]'s point, I also observed a couple tall oaks listing to port pretty good during these initial winds.
image.thumb.jpeg.c2d2545e351a068e18348eaab94f11d7.jpeg

Im glad it wasn’t me overreacting! At onset it had that freight train roar to it. From the same cell, Mike Thomas reported some serious down drafts from it not long after it crossed the river.

http:// https://x.com/miketfox5/status/1806149040158949560?s=46

• Like 2

7 hours ago, WeatherShak said:

Im glad it wasn’t me overreacting! At onset it had that freight train roar to it. From the same cell, Mike Thomas reported some serious down drafts from it not long after it crossed the river.

http:// https://x.com/miketfox5/status/1806149040158949560?s=46

Yeah, definitely a pretty good down burst.  Highest gust on my weather station that night was 10mph, but my weather station is terribly sighted for wind.  Couple of 4-5 inch branches in the hood were broken so pretty legit storm.  Just can’t believe the paltry rainfall… 

• Like 1

Getting some pop up showers on the upper Eastern Shore moving NNE to NE up Route 896 .  You can really feel the moisture in the air.  Imagine beach is not so great in the water with the brisk winds, might cause rip currents.  

37 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Almost comical watching those cells coming out of WV evaporate into thin air on our doorstep. 

I received 4.3" the entire MET summer last year and this summer is making that one look like monsoon season.  Unreal. 

This has been an extremely boring stretch of weather since the week of winter in January. I don't think I've even seen lightning this season lol

• Like 1