Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Discobs 2024

George BM

12 hours ago, Wxtrix said:

there is one annual cicada in the backyard who has arisen from the earth and is singing his little heart out. he’s going to be lonely as it’s at least another month before the rest of them will emerge.  

today was the hottest day so far, with a high of 94.

Heard one as well this morning while walking the dog. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

This. It’s a huge and noticeable difference. And it saves people’s lives in addition to making blue skies a thing again in summer.

Blue skies even in a very hot and stagnant pattern such as this is indeed a breath of fresh air compared to earlier times when the smog reduced visibility to only a couple miles and the sun was dim in the sky.

We're cleaning up our act but China's emissions are soaring. China now produces more than the U.S., Japan and the EU combined and we have no control over that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katabatic said:

Interesting - my 88.7 yesterday was the warmest thus far this year. Thought you woulda hit 90 by now. “Heat dome” has now surpassed “base state” as the most overused met term. Let’s hope someone breaks the century mark after hearing about the heat (endlessly) to make this bout at least noteworthy. 

Strange how it works some years here. I've had several years that never have cracked 90 in my past 44 + years of records, then a couple years with LOTS of 95 to 97 degree days. Forecast is for 92 today, so may break thru. Currently 80.1/68.2 at 10:30 am. 

1 hour ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Yeah, that's not true.  On average, BWI has hit 100 every other year in the past 14 years.  

https://www.currentresults.com/Yearly-Weather/USA/MD/Baltimore/extreme-annual-baltimore-high-temperature.php

image.png.59c9f644981e05ffe6f31123fae007d8.png

I thought I heard one yesterday on a bike ride, but it was someone working on their house with a circular saw. :lol:

I'll take the under though on when you hear the rest of them.

I was just telling my wife (who has only been here for 3 summers and lived 95% of her life in CA) that it USED to hit 100 or so here 'back in the day'. I'll have to go pull records, but I'm thinking 2012 was last time here?? Growing up 98, 99, 100 was common a few days each summer. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BlizzardNole said:

We were enjoying the deck a couple days ago and one of those things started shrieking about 20-30 feet from us.  I thought we had more time :fulltilt:

Noticeably more sticky this morning while out watering.  It's gonna be a scorcher

i did too. i love them but think of them as part of the 2nd half of summer, with the katydids and the rest of the summer racket makers. i mean the fireflies just started in earnest this week.

3 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I thought I heard one yesterday on a bike ride, but it was someone working on their house with a circular saw. :lol:

I'll take the under though on when you hear the rest of them.

lol. and i think you’re right that they’ll be early this year.

3 hours ago, toolsheds said:

Heard one as well this morning while walking the dog. 

i guess the ground has warmed up early this year.

currently 93/67 with a low of 67.