Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Discobs 2024

George BM

7 hours ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Tstorm earlier this afternoon  looked pretty good on radar passing through Waynesboro - Managed to pick up some very light rain with no accumulation on my dry side of town... Second time in 5 days - based on looking at radar , would have guessed a third to a half of a inch total - nope 0.04 

Brown there?  The yards in my neighborhood that are not being actively watered are already fried to a crisp.

Perfect lake weather. Definitely less crowded than the past couple years. There was NO line at Lakeside Creamery in the afternoon and light boat traffic. 73 degree water felt great and refreshing. 

Being in a wooded area helps big time. Its too bad all modern developers clear cut and replant baby trees. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mdhokie said:

Perfect lake weather. Definitely less crowded than the past couple years. There was NO line at Lakeside Creamery in the afternoon and light boat traffic. 73 degree water felt great and refreshing. 

Being in a wooded area helps big time. Its too bad all modern developers clear cut and replant baby trees. 

What you just said! 

I spent all evening outside in the yard yesterday and can only imagine how awesome it was at the lake. Already cracked 80 IMBY this morning, about 6 degrees ahead of yesterday. I am thinking 90 (or even a little above) will be well within reach. Doesn't feel very humid even w/a DP of 70.7, so just another awesome summer day. Wouldn't mind a thunderstorm tho as things are starting to get a little crunchy. 

1 hour ago, Paleocene said:

The weather has been stupendously nice on the lower Jersey shore the past few days. Unfortunately, headed home tomorrow.

It's been beautiful here.  Finally feels like a classic mid-Atlantic summer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Brown there?  The yards in my neighborhood that are not being actively watered are already fried to a crisp.

I went biking at Schaeffer Farms on Sunday (first time I've been there all year) and it was drier than I expected, though certainly nothing like last summer where streams were becoming non-existent (there were even some mud patches).  If we can fuel up the humidity levels enough, we might be able to find our way to an afternoon storms pattern which should help offset the dry heat.

6 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Tough June so far in northern VA.  0.23" here.  Shows that it doesn't matter in the least what the precip was before summer.  Once you get a couple of weeks of dry and sunny, everything without deep roots struggles.

1497175625_Screenshot2024-06-18143009.thumb.png.285eabbd6b025678473e0b00374c473b.png

• Like 1

I'm headed there in 3 weeks.  Watch it be intense heat out west then and cooling off in the east.
That's usually how it works. Though once you get into July, it's more whether it's going to be 75 or 95.

And of course, it's a dry heat. But as soon as the sun goes down, it cools off. Neither of which describe DC in the summer! (And both of which are why I'm no longer in DC in the summer!)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, jacindc said:

That's usually how it works. Though once you get into July, it's more whether it's going to be 75 or 95.

And of course, it's a dry heat. emoji16.png But as soon as the sun goes down, it cools off. Neither of which describe DC in the summer! (And both of which are why I'm no longer in DC in the summer!)

True.  I'm so looking forward for a couple weeks break from the humidity.  Cannot wait.  I simply loathe Virginia.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mdhokie said:

Looking forward to getting there this weekend!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jacindc said:

53 degrees and showery in Wyoming. :)

Beautiful country , spent the night in Newcastle after leaving Mt Rushmore on our 5495 mile circle drive around the country 3 years ago in April.... Wanted to visit Cheyenne but didn't make it - went nw through Montana instead...

• Like 1