• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Discobs 2024

George BM

Did the NWS break the AHPS observed precipitation map? My bookmark takes me to a new map that doesn’t really work and I can’t find the old site. It’d be good to see how we’re running the last 7, 14, 30 days.

4 minutes ago, 87storms said:

I'm craving a Bermuda High...hope next week's forecast is legit.  We're overdue for a true summer.  So far, this spring has essentially been a long, drawn out October.

What are you talking about lol. Overdue for what? True summer? DC does summer better then any other season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, dailylurker said:

What are you talking about lol. Overdue for what? True summer? DC does summer better then any other season. 

Last summer was dominated by droughts and residual wildfire smoke...this spring has been mostly cloudy from start to finish and lacking any real heat (maybe a couple days here and there).  We've been miserable at snow, but we also haven't had a real punchy summer in a while.

• Like 2

Just now, IronTy said:

Not to mention Bermuda ridges all winter long.  

It is odd that we've had those SE ridges in the winter, but not so much the last few summers...certainly, nothing extended that I can recall.

2 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Rained enough to wet the ground.  .15"  

Barely a drop in the bucket.

0.04 down here , when radar looked like at least 0.25

Was hopeful , but I knew it would be another disappointment when i got home and checked  ...  Slightly above a half inch in just about a full month ...

• Like 1