Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Discobs 2024

George BM

3 hours ago, 87storms said:

Had my first ankle roll in a while yesterday playing basketball.  It's usually a 2-4 week situation...in the meantime, I want storms to track.  Bring on the heat and humidity...it's go time.

Looking forward to some heat. Pool and lake are kinda chilly right now. 

19 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Yea those "big heat" days are when you get a nice ridge stretched from Kentucky to Bermuda. You just bake.

Yes and until 85% of the low oressures  stop going up into the lakes then a true hot pattern won’t set up 

Step on someone's foot?  That sucks.  Stopped playing before Covid, mostly because the school gyms closed.  Now I just play indoor soccer and Referee hoops up your way. 

Exactly what happened lol. Was wearing bball shoes, too, though I could use an upgrade. I typically just play outdoors to avoid the indoor gyms/injuries and other bs. I really should be adding biking into the mix again…generally easier on my body than hoops.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CAPE said:

80/50

Enjoy the hell out of this while it lasts. Having a beer then going outside to plant some flowers.

euro mean has 99 in Leesburg next friday lol...the mean bro

17 minutes ago, aldie 22 said:

Gonna be a horrendous Japanese beetle season i think they're everywhere around my hood already

Noooo! My yard was ground zero for them last year and they did a real number on my little birch tree. Guess we'll find out soon if the grub control I spread in the yard was able to make an impact on the larvae and grubs.

Only use the trap/bag things if you've got a spot way far off from any plants you wanna keep alive. They work great to attract the beetles, but ultimately they work so well that you end up attracting beetles from the entire neighborhood into your yard. Also, a trap full of dead beetles smells horrendous.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

One thing we have going for us, RE: busting warm, is that our soils are bone dry. Every mesonet station clearly shows the 2" and 5" soil data nearly void of moisture. That might allow things to warm up fast.

Drought breeds heat..............

1 hour ago, Eskimo Joe said:

One thing we have going for us, RE: busting warm, is that our soils are bone dry. Every mesonet station clearly shows the 2" and 5" soil data nearly void of moisture. That might allow things to warm up fast.

WPC placed the area in rapid drought onset risk. Didn’t know that was a thing. 

WPC placed the area in rapid drought onset risk. Didn’t know that was a thing. 

Must be a carryover from last summer’s extended drought pattern and/or other areas are lacking precip because there’s certainly been rain in Frederick this year and streams have been healthy.
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2024 at 7:05 AM, WxUSAF said:

Gorgeous windows open sleeping weather these last several days. Except for the catbird that starts squawking at 4am…. 

On 6/10/2024 at 7:23 PM, North Balti Zen said:

hoo buddy, the catbirds are LOUD this spring up my way. Just super eager to share all the news in their lives with...anyone in ear shot. At all times. 

Oh man. There's been a bird singing, almost hysterically, all day long, every day, very close to my house. It's a tiny house so it's inescapable. People hear it on work calls if a window is open lol. I'm not super versed in bird calls but know many common ones and have been having a tough time. Closest thing sometimes is a cardinal. I also thought I had more than one Close Loud Bird. But, as some of you have already guessed...the culprit is....a mockingbird! All day, every day. Going strong right now. This one is a legit opera singer. So many sounds and songs, it is wild. I'm impressed. And I'm slowly going insane.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

Must be a carryover from last summer’s extended drought pattern and/or other areas are lacking precip because there’s certainly been rain in Frederick this year and streams have been healthy.

Just under a half inch since May 18th down here in my backyard in northern edge of Waynesboro, with no legit rain in the near future... We were teetering on the edge of a cliff most of the spring - think we just fell off... I work in Charlottesville,  normally it's like a rainforest here compared to my yard 30 miles to the west - but not right now, very very dry here too...