• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Discobs 2024

George BM

That mostly sunny forecast is off to a choppy start here in Frederick, succumbing to the NW flow aka the mid-Atlantic, cloud-producing machine.

Hopefully, this afternoon can redeem itself.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snowfan said:

Friday looks nice. 

IMG_1292.png

Friday definitely looks steamy (the Euro is the hottest, but all guidance seems to be in the 90s for most of the area), BUT there seems to be growing agreement that a cold front will roll through Friday evening, bringing in a lovely air mass for next weekend.    The GFS has been leading the way with that idea, and other guidance seems to be either explicitly showing that or trending towards it.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, high risk said:

Friday definitely looks steamy (the Euro is the hottest, but all guidance seems to be in the 90s for most of the area), BUT there seems to be growing agreement that a cold front will roll through Friday evening, bringing in a lovely air mass for next weekend.    The GFS has been leading the way with that idea, and other guidance seems to be either explicitly showing that or trending towards it.

Still looks like mid 80s, just less humid

15 hours ago, Kay said:

Appears to be a little iridescence in some of these high clouds

15 hours ago, nj2va said:

What an evening to sit on the patio, cocktail in hand, good music going, and enjoying the breeze. 

Breeze was awesome all yesterday...picked up even more when a small line of showers marched through mid-afternoon, but then it mostly cleared off after dinner last evening, when (like most of you), we went back out to enjoy those breezes again!

image.jpeg.a6d794cffd369afa1b09e9adf797dd69.jpeg

• Like 9

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

Breeze was awesome all yesterday...picked up even more when a small line of showers marched through mid-afternoon, but then it mostly cleared off after dinner last evening, when (like most of you), we went back out to enjoy those breezes again!

Cool fallstreaks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The LWX forecast has some showers and storms around later this evening, but the CAMs show that initiation will occur much earlier.    Not expecting widespread coverage or any concern about severe, but it looks like it be more active later today than initially thought.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, high risk said:

The LWX forecast has some showers and storms around later this evening, but the CAMs show that initiation will occur much earlier.    Not expecting widespread coverage or any concern about severe, but it looks like it be more active later today than initially thought.

Any chance the Friday FROPA gets a little more interesting? Big heat with a cold front on the same today suggests interest to me, but guidance is pretty dry.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Any chance the Friday FROPA gets a little more interesting? Big heat with a cold front on the same today suggests interest to me, but guidance is pretty dry.

It's *possible*, but right now,  1) the GFS mixes out the already-limited low-level moisture    2)  the flow is somewhat downslope ahead of the front     3)  the height falls are all north of here      Still time, I suppose, for things to trend better.   I did well on rainfall on Wednesday, but it's going to dry out quickly here.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, high risk said:

It's *possible*, but right now,  1) the GFS mixes out the already-limited low-level moisture    2)  the flow is somewhat downslope ahead of the front     3)  the height falls are all north of here      Still time, I suppose, for things to trend better.   I did well on rainfall on Wednesday, but it's going to dry out quickly here.

12z euro most robust I’ve seen yet, at least from a rain POV.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

Nice! You've had a string of great sky shots.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Gorgeous windows open sleeping weather these last several days. Except for the catbird that starts squawking at 4am…. 

hoo buddy, the catbirds are LOUD this spring up my way. Just super eager to share all the news in their lives with...anyone in ear shot. At all times. 

• Like 1

Things just keep developing west moving east and some of the blossoming on radar last 7 days is as odd as I can remember .  Couple days of big towering popcorn cumulus like we had is wild.  Underneath of it often bad. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dailylurker said:

Wooo showers? Looks like those showers are starting to develop. 

Got in on one overnight. Brief downpour produced a meager 0.13". Looked better on radar to my south, as usual lately.