Total Members
    Most Online
    Billy Chaos
    Newest Member
    Billy Chaos
June Banter 2024

George BM

On 6/16/2024 at 10:22 AM, WVclimo said:

My son and I will be attending the Orioles-Yankees Thursday afternoon game in the Bronx.  We are going to cook.  Hope the beer’s cold.

You picked a great game if your an Os fan....

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Chris78 said:

You picked a great game if you’re an Os fan....

It was a lot of fun.  The O’s are 3-0 in games we’ve attended this year.  Wins of 13-4 over the Angels, 7-0 over Oakland and now 17-5 in NY.

My son said we had better attend every game if they are playing in the postseason. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WVclimo said:

It was a lot of fun.  The O’s are 3-0 in games we’ve attended this year.  Wins of 13-4 over the Angels, 7-0 over Oakland and now 17-5 in NY.

My son said we had better attend every game if they are playing in the postseason. :)

So an average win of 12.2-3 .... not bad!

Wild game last night. O's almost pulled off a comeback for the ages. 

So went out to check my deck plants and realized it is not too bad out this morning. So decided that to get some fresh air would have breakfast on the deck. A simple omelet with garlic scapes and fresh apricots and blueberries with honey. With a grapefruit Kombucha. We have been members for close to 15 years now of a local CSA. The fruit and garlic scapes are just some of what we got from our weekly takings.
If ever in Frederick Co take a trip down to Thanksgiving Farms on Rt 85 near Adamstown. While not certified organic they use organic practices. And their plant selection is amazing. The green house alone will draw in anyone who loves house plants. Hope all stay cool today and crossing fingers that we may get lucky with a storm or two. Not holding my breath on that one though. IMG_0877.thumb.jpeg.96f83d9dc52dfa26809b41fdf7e30755.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

So went out to check my deck plants and realized it is not too bad out this morning. So decided that to get some fresh air would have breakfast on the deck. A simple omelet with garlic scapes and fresh apricots and blueberries with honey. With a grapefruit Kombucha. We have been members for close to 15 years now of a local CSA. The fruit and garlic scapes are just some of what we got from our weekly takings.
If ever in Frederick Co take a trip down to Thanksgiving Farms on Rt 85 near Adamstown. While not certified organic they use organic practices. And their plant selection is amazing. The green house alone will draw in anyone who loves house plants. Hope all stay cool today and crossing fingers that we may get lucky with a storm or two. Not holding my breath on that one though. IMG_0877.thumb.jpeg.96f83d9dc52dfa26809b41fdf7e30755.jpeg

Looks absolutely DELISH. And bless your heart, taking your time for the flower garnish. My adult sons would pick that out of the fruit bowl, examine it thoroughly, then toss it on the table and say to me, "Dad, WTF???"  :D  Uncultured heathens are what we apparently raised in this household...  ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Same question 

IMG_8351.png

As annoying as THIS (and your previous example) is/are...just as annoying is I-95 between Baltimore and Washington *AND* the B/W Parkway, literally ALL weekend long. MD/DC drivers on the BeeDubs Pkwy nearly always drive me to the point of going postal. NoVA has horrendous traffic...but we don't have the corner on the market.

2 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

As annoying as THIS (and your previous example) is/are...just as annoying is I-95 between Baltimore and Washington *AND* the B/W Parkway, literally ALL weekend long. MD/DC drivers on the BeeDubs Pkwy nearly always drive me to the point of going postal. NoVA has horrendous traffic...but we don't have the corner on the market.

we need more trains so people don't have to drive everywhere.  it would be better for everyone's blood pressure.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

I think the difference is that between DC and Baltimore there are many options for detours and re-routing. Between RIC and 495, it’s 95 or swim the Potomac.

10 hours ago, vastateofmind said:

The BW parkway is one of the worst roads in the area (and 270 north of Clarksburg). At least we have the Express lanes in VA which are a big help for 3+ and/or paying to get somewhere quicker. 

• Like 3